X7 - 50mm - Lines appearing in footage!!
1381 14 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
creaitken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 499852 ft
  • >>>
Maldives

Greetings - can DJI please look at this screenshot from a video I just shot - using X7 with 50mm.  Shows decreasing "lines" on Left and also Top right.

Please explain thanks

Lines

Lines
Screen-Shot-2018-09-01-at-10.52.13.jpg
2018-8-31
Use props
HVMediaUG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1958169 ft
  • >>>

is it shot in prores? i suppose common issue with latest firmware upgrade... wait for update and it will hopefully disappear or downgrade.
2018-9-1
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3754318 ft
  • >>>

It looks like the effect that happens when shadows from the props are hitting the front of the lens. From the shadows it looks as though the sun could be in the correct position for that to happen, ie directly above you.
2018-9-1
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If you shoot in MPEG4 and underexpose (expose to the left) and then correct for this in post you can get this type of quantization steps in the highlights.

What format did you shoot in?

How did you do the exposure?

We need more information....

Ray
2018-9-1
Use props
creaitken
lvl.2
  • >>>
Maldives

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2018-9-1 10:27
If you shoot in MPEG4 and underexpose (expose to the left) and then correct for this in post you can get this type of quantization steps in the highlights.

What format did you shoot in?

Hi guys, this is ungraded direct from the camera, lens hood is on the lens, and the 16mm was unaffected.  I dont shoot to the left.  Thanks
2018-9-1
Use props
creaitken
lvl.2
  • >>>
Maldives

Hey guys, please see this little snippet on YouTube. Its not prop shadowing or anything like that, and this is just ungraded direct from camera sd card in 4k h264.  Here is a 1080p version just for ease of upload

thanks
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. May I know what happened prior to this problem?
2018-9-2
Use props
creaitken
lvl.2
  • >>>
Maldives

Nothing happened. First time shooting with X7 and 50mm together. 16mm was perfect footage but 50mm gave me this fault....
2018-9-4
Use props
Philly Matt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3649738 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I'm having the same exact issue with my Inspire 2 + X7!  I actually started having it about a month ago when out of the blue, faint lines started appearing at the top of my video footage (but not on still images).  I reached out to DJI Support and they had me send in my X7 which they eventually replaced, but never informed me of what was wrong with it.  Now I'm seeing the lines again with my new X7!  This is incredibly frustrating since I had a big shoot this morning and all of my footage is ruined.

Here are two video examples.  This one is from the first time I was having the issue: Then this is from this morning:
What's especially weird with the most recent issue is that only some of my footage has the issue, but it's not unique to one lens - some of my 16mm footage is fine while other shots have the lines.  I just went outside and tried it again and the issue wasn't there anymore, but I'm nervous it's going to reappear on my next shoot!  When you spend as an Inspire 2 + X7 cost, you expect it to work properly every time...  Please help!

2018-9-5
Use props
creaitken
lvl.2
  • >>>

thanks for your post ... so DJI DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ON THIS???
2018-9-6
Use props
KyleNivo
New
South Africa

Philly Matt Posted at 2018-9-5 10:56
Yes, I'm having the same exact issue with my Inspire 2 + X7!  I actually started having it about a month ago when out of the blue, faint lines started appearing at the top of my video footage (but not on still images).  I reached out to DJI Support and they had me send in my X7 which they eventually replaced, but never informed me of what was wrong with it.  Now I'm seeing the lines again with my new X7!  This is incredibly frustrating since I had a big shoot this morning and all of my footage is ruined.

Here are two video examples.  This one is from the first time I was having the issue: https://vimeo.com/288413024/a2d5e8afe6. Then this is from this morning: https://vimeo.com/288408843/c4efb2c322.

im having the exact same issue im currently on a 18 day job in the middle of nowhere and its only day 4 this is the first time ive seen thi sissue and this issue comes with my 16m and my 35m but it is intermittent.

has anyone found a solution besides sending it in for repair or replacment
2018-9-6
Use props
Philly Matt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3649738 ft
  • >>>
United States

KyleNivo Posted at 2018-9-6 09:10
im having the exact same issue im currently on a 18 day job in the middle of nowhere and its only day 4 this is the first time ive seen thi sissue and this issue comes with my 16m and my 35m but it is intermittent.

has anyone found a solution besides sending it in for repair or replacment

Oh man, that's rough!  

I was reading in another forum that the issue seems to be a firmware problem.  I came across a temp solution that seems to do the trick - try turning on the camera setting to record on your SSD.  After you do that check your monitor to see if the lines are gone.  That seemed to work for me today.  I'm not sure if you can then turn off the SSD without the lines returning.  See if you have any luck.

2018-9-6
Use props
Brink1
New
South Africa

I had the same issue filming on 50mm. I check my footage after this and notice there was another time it happen with my 18mm. Its intermittent and it went away in the same flight. The 2nd time it happened all the footage i shot had the line, and after i changed batteries it went away. I shot everything on H264.  

After i changed batteries

2019-3-19
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

Wich FW are you running?
2019-3-19
Use props
Tibopix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

I had the same issue in November 2018 using the X7 and 24mm lens, shooting 6K ProRes RAW.
I didn't do anything, it just stopped happening after that session.
2019-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules