Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Car Charger for Mavic Air
1796 22 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>

Has anyone bought and used/using an after market car charger for the Mavic Air. I am not buying the DJI ones as too much of a rip off

Any experiences appreciated as there are now quite a few on Amazon and Ebay

Dennis
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Just a friendly reminder, It is not recommended to use the third-party accessories, we are unable to ensure the compatibility and the performance. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-9-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-1 02:34
Just a friendly reminder, It is not recommended to use the third-party accessories, we are unable to ensure the compatibility and the performance. Thanks for your understanding.

Or in other words

DJI Would prefer it if you were to buy our overpriced charger.

Not interested in DJI comments I was seeking the experience of users
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-1 03:12
Or in other words

DJI Would prefer it if you were to buy our overpriced charger.

I understand that. For the damage caused by the third-party charger, DJI will not take any responsibility. Hope for your understanding.

2018-9-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-1 03:26
I understand that. For the damage caused by the third-party charger, DJI will not take any responsibility. Hope for your understanding.

[view_image]

Paladin

I see your flight distance is 97 so quite frankly I am not taking any notice of you.

People are well aware of the many disclaimers DJI issue. Please stop clogging this thread with pointless posts.

I say again have any users any experience of these third party chargers
2018-9-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-1 03:31
Paladin

I see your flight distance is 97 so quite frankly I am not taking any notice of you.

I see your flight time is approx 30 minutes, not sure why you would need a car charger, it’s pretty obvious owning two craft that you have only flown approx 15 minutes for both of them, this is one of the funniest posts I’ve seen on this forum.
2018-9-1
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-1 03:51
I see your flight time is approx 30 minutes, not sure why you would need a car charger, it’s pretty obvious owning two craft that you have only flown approx 15 minutes for both of them, this is one of the funniest posts I’ve seen on this forum.

You are taking the words out of my mouth. The rudeness and cluelessness is breathtaking indeed.
2018-9-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-1 03:56
You are taking the words out of my mouth. The rudeness and cluelessness is breathtaking indeed.

Well

So you are informed I don't sync my flights any more which if the rest  of you are clued up with what is going on you would not also.

Also for information I have 7 DJI Drones and 215 other RC aircraft including 12 Turbine jets so I have some idea of what I am talking about.

I ask again Anyone any experience of the chargers I asked about
2018-9-1
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-1 04:09
Well

So you are informed I don't sync my flights any more which if the rest  of you are clued up with what is going on you would not also.

The number of aircrafts you own cannot excuse your rudeness towards a forum administrator here who only aimed to assist you. And talking about "rip off" without having tested it and knowing what might be the differences in quality compared to cheap aftermarket products I call clueless. But I shall refrain from any further comments from now.
2018-9-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-1 04:20
The number of aircrafts you own cannot excuse your rudeness towards a forum administrator here who only aimed to assist you. And talking about "rip off" without having tested it and knowing what might be the differences in quality compared to cheap aftermarked products I call clueless. But I shall refrain from any further comments from now.

Wachtberger

I don't need a lecture on how to behave from you. If you have anything useful to contribute re the charger then fine but if not perhaps you would go on your way
2018-9-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-1 04:09
Well

Well then remember what you said you do when making fast quips at others, his says 97, yours says 8521, you want others to understand that you don’t sync, but you feel it’s ok to make a complete idiot of yourself by not realizing he could opt to do exactly the same.

“Confidence is ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know.”
2018-9-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-1 04:49
Well then remember what you said you do when making fast quips at others, his says 97, yours says 8521, you want others to understand that you don’t sync, but you feel it’s ok to make a complete idiot of yourself by not realizing he could opt to do exactly the same.

“Confidence is ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know.”

You seem to know a lot...... Perhaps you don't understand that the purpose of my thread was to get some answers to the question I asked. So far you have scored 0/10 for not answering the question
2018-9-1
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

I bought a car charger online from www.gearbest.com /cheap and very effective works as original  DJI home charger  /and it can charges two batteries with RC at same time
2018-9-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>

Amjad1983 Posted at 2018-9-1 05:08
I bought a car charger online from www.gearbest.com /cheap and very effective works as original  DJI home charger  /and it can charges two batteries with RC at same time

Many thanks that is the sort of reply I was hoping I might get
2018-9-1
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-1 05:18
Many thanks that is the sort of reply I was hoping I might get

you are most welcome my friend
we are here to share experience for those who need it
2018-9-1
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft

I use the DJI car charger, very happy with it and not a “rip off”. You wanna use a cheap alternative in your car while driving? Please, carry on!
2018-9-1
Use props
Dangerstaple
lvl.2
United States

I bought this for a recent trip on a boat that I wasn't sure had AC power.  It worked fine on two boats and charged two different batteries - only one at a time though.  Did not try two at once.  It seemed to take about the same amount of time as the included AC charger.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 2_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2018-9-1
Use props
Dangerstaple
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-1 03:26

[view_image]

In the US, DJI would have to prove that the aftermarket charger caused the damage to the battery if a customer had a warranty claim.  Simply using a non-DJI accessory does not void any warranty otherwise in place.  So you could use an aftermarket charger, and have a problem with that battery unrelated to the charger, and DJI would still need to honor any warranty in effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act
2018-9-1
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

My suggestion is buying dc to ac converter for car (ex: xiaomi power inverter) and use your original charge on your car. Best for both world
2018-9-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-9-1 14:31
I use the DJI car charger, very happy with it and not a “rip off”. You wanna use a cheap alternative in your car while driving? Please, carry on!

You use the word cheap as if that also means bad. Cheap means less expensive not bad. If you want to give more money for products than necessary you carry on
2018-9-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-9-1 16:49
My suggestion is buying dc to ac converter for car (ex: xiaomi power inverter) and use your original charge on your car. Best for both world

Many thanks for that and an excellent reply as I actually already have an inverter. I wonder if DJI will try and get out of that one if something goes wrong with my battery

I never buy direct from DJI as I prefer to rely on the shops guarantee especially as I got 3 years from  John Lewis
2018-9-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

It is not recommended to use the third-party accessories, we are unable to ensure the compatibility and the performance.

As if DJI can ensure compatibility and performance with their own.  
2018-9-1
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I hope DJI can certify for 3rd company to produce several accessories: quiet props, batteries, charger... So we may have cheaper choices. Other thing i hope they expand their products' support time longer and may bring several features down to other drones ex: hyperlapse or waypoints to MA when they stop producing it. Best for both.
2018-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules