Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just received my new mavic 2 zoom w/ gimbal scratches
3353 34 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb1f457a5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481844 ft
Philippines

i just receive my new mavic 2 zoom today but when i open the box the gimbal protector is not properly place to the gimbal so the cover causes scraches on the gimbal body
what can you do about this issue thanks in advance

gimbal body

gimbal body
2018-9-1
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Others have reported the same issue. Don't think it will have any effect on your drone though. Looks like DJI has a lot of issues with the new MP2 that have yet to be resolved.
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience. We already forwarded this concern to our R&D engineers and I'm still waiting for a response from them. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-9-1
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.4
Philippines

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-1 05:39
Others have reported the same issue. Don't think it will have any effect on your drone though. Looks like DJI has a lot of issues with the new MP2 that have yet to be resolved.

yes theres no effect on the drone but this is a brand new drone havent fly it yet but its look like it already crash bec of the scratches

2018-9-1
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Bimmer1122 Posted at 2018-9-1 05:47
yes theres no effect on the drone but this is a brand new drone havent fly it yet but its look like it already crash bec of the scratches

I hear ya. A lot of money to spend to receive something that looks used. Others are reporting the same problems though, so you're in good company. Not sure if they are coming out of the factory like this or the gimbal is banging itself up during shipment. Either way, should be something DJI should address.
2018-9-1
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.4
Philippines

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-1 06:32
I hear ya. A lot of money to spend to receive something that looks used. Others are reporting the same problems though, so you're in good company. Not sure if they are coming out of the factory like this or the gimbal is banging itself up during shipment. Either way, should be something DJI should address.

i agree with you sir
2018-9-1
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-1 05:41
Sorry for the inconvenience. We already forwarded this concern to our R&D engineers and I'm still waiting for a response from them. Thanks for your understanding.

thanks i hope for your quick response about this issue of mine
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Bimmer1122 Posted at 2018-9-1 08:17

You're welcome, yes, I'll give you an update about this as soon as I receive the response  from the engineers. Thanks!
2018-9-1
Use props
Blellow
Captain
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

My theory is the rush job inserting the sharp hard plastic behind the gimbal causes the scratches.  Dji should have used soft rubber.  The cheap will come out expensive, when I return mine for unacceptable cosmetic damage.  Is dji a professional company, if they don't understand basic packaging?
2018-9-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>

Not acceptable to have scratches. This is an expensive drone. DJI need to offer customers with this a replacement or some money to compensate. As you say it already looks scratched
2018-9-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-1 05:39
Others have reported the same issue. Don't think it will have any effect on your drone though. Looks like DJI has a lot of issues with the new MP2 that have yet to be resolved.

Wondering if those scratches have something to do with reported reason the Big Wow release was delayed?
Cover for Gimbals had to be popped and some change made to innards.
2018-9-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-1 22:57
Not acceptable to have scratches. This is an expensive drone. DJI need to offer customers with this a replacement or some money to compensate. As you say it already looks scratched

Very minor scratches would not bother me from looks stand point.  What would worry me is how scratches came about.  Was it due to packaging problems, overzealous assembly, post manufacturing rework, or something else?
2018-9-1
Use props
Charissa
Captain
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-1 23:06
Very minor scratches would not bother me from looks stand point.  What would worry me is how scratches came about.  Was it due to packaging problems, overzealous assembly, post manufacturing rework, or something else?

Agree. That scratches can mean that careless cosmetics, can also be a sign of careless electronics, which is far far worse.
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Bimmer1122 Posted at 2018-9-1 08:17

Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. Can you try to clean the surface using soft clothe and see if the defect disappears?
2018-9-2
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-2 06:58
Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. Can you try to clean the surface using soft clothe and see if the defect disappears?

thanks DJI Wanda i already clean the gimbal surface on the day i got the mavic 2 some of the minor scratch disappears but the deep scratches  doesn't is there anything you can do to confinsate this problem? because this is not just a 500 dollar drone or a cheap drone i invest a lot of money to your product just to receive a drone not in a 100% condition

2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Bimmer1122 Posted at 2018-9-2 13:26
thanks DJI Wanda i already clean the gimbal surface on the day i got the mavic 2 some of the minor scratch disappears but the deep scratches  doesn't  is there anything you can do to confinsate this problem? because this is not just a 500 dollar drone or a cheap drone i invest a lot of money to your product just to receive a drone not in a 100% condition

Yes, I completely understand your situation right now, sir. I highly suggest to send an email to support@dji.com to create a replacement case so that we can have it replaced.
2018-9-3
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-3 01:04
Yes, I completely understand your situation right now, sir. I highly suggest to send an email to  to create a replacement case so that we can have it replaced.

if ever dji gonna replace it how long will it took DJI Wanda? and thank you for your effort
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Bimmer1122 Posted at 2018-9-3 04:02
if ever dji gonna replace it how long will it took DJI Wanda? and thank you for your effort

That will depends on the availability of the product, sir. May I know where you are located and where did you purchase the drone?
2018-9-3
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-3 04:11
That will depends on the availability of the product, sir. May I know where you are located and where did you purchase the drone?

Philippines DJI Wanda i got it from an authorize online seller i think the unit came from uk because of the socket of the power supply
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Bimmer1122 Posted at 2018-9-3 04:27
Philippines DJI Wanda i got it from an authorize online seller i think the unit came from uk because of the socket of the power supply

I see. Please send an email to support@dji.com to confirm for the timeframe of the replacement and to start for the case as well.
2018-9-3
Use props
fanse64cf924
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36385 ft
Philippines

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-3 04:40
I see. Please send an email to  to confirm for the timeframe of the replacement and to start for the case as well.

Emailed DJI support last Sep 4 but until now no response yet I also reached out thru their chat but seems they can't help too.
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fanse64cf924 Posted at 2018-9-6 01:12
Emailed DJI support last Sep 4 but until now no response yet  I also reached out thru their chat but seems they can't help too.
[view_image]

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I'll follow up this case for you.
2018-9-6
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-6 03:58
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I'll follow up this case for you.

Thank you so much
2018-9-6
Use props
Sweet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13750 ft
  • >>>

From what I have noted on mine it looks like a bit of glue residual. Just used a small amount of isopropyl ( rubbing) alcohol on a Qtip or micro fiber cloth and it  comes right off.
2018-9-8
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.4
Philippines

Sweet Posted at 2018-9-8 18:57
From what I have noted on mine it looks like a bit of glue residual. Just used a small amount of isopropyl ( rubbing) alcohol on a Qtip or micro fiber cloth and it  comes right off.

the scratch is cause by the gimbal protector it was not properly placed and attached to the drone the why when it was transported to me it rubs the gimbal bracket which causes some deep scratches.
2018-9-8
Use props
Mini-G
Captain
Flight distance : 644603 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Its the gimbal protector. It it doesn't work send it back but its just cosmetic. It shouldn't happen but it's not worth the hassle.
You get more of these over time. It's how the gimbal cover slides on...
2018-9-9
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.4
Philippines

Mini-G Posted at 2018-9-9 05:54
Its the gimbal protector. It it doesn't work send it back but its just cosmetic. It shouldn't happen but it's not worth the hassle.
You get more of these over time. It's how the gimbal cover slides on...

thanks i know its not worth the hassle plus the shipping from Philippines to dji would cost $250 its like having a double black eye
2018-9-9
Use props
Mini-G
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Bimmer1122 Posted at 2018-9-9 06:06
thanks i know its not worth the hassle plus the shipping from Philippines to dji would cost $250 its like having a double black eye

Did you get DJI Care?

Also I’ve heard horror stories where people send things back to find other issues...
All the best!!

Happy flying!!
2018-9-9
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.4
Philippines

Mini-G Posted at 2018-9-9 06:11
Did you get DJI Care?

Also I’ve heard horror stories where people send things back to find other issues...

no my 48 hrs from activation already expires because of waiting for this issue to be resolve i thought it would be that easy & fast to resolve this case
, thanks safe flying
2018-9-9
Use props
Mini-G
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Bimmer1122 Posted at 2018-9-9 06:19
no my 48 hrs from activation already expires because of waiting for this issue to be resolve i thought it would be that easy & fast to resolve this case  
, thanks safe flying

If you still want it contact them and explain this situation.
They may still be able to provide it to you with out having to send a video proof.

Good luck. I understand that it shouldn’t happen.
I would look at ways of preventing any more scratches, maybe use felt?
2018-9-9
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.4
Philippines

Mini-G Posted at 2018-9-9 06:27
If you still want it contact them and explain this situation.
They may still be able to provide it to you with out having to send a video proof.

thank you
2018-9-9
Use props
BullyCamper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305630 ft

i would also worry about those scratches as they may indicate that the gimbal got stressed
2018-9-13
Use props
fans02bf0d58
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54846 ft
  • >>>

Ok so I have mavic 2 zoom that did not come with scratches but after flying it I have the same exact scratches.  The rear gimble motor is chafing on the lower plastic gimble bracket that secures the 2 rubber dampeners.  I can see the plastic chafed down on the 2 corners.  Really hard to figure out why because even when applying quite a bit of force I can’t make the motor contact that bracket by hand so I don’t know if it’s wind or just strong g forces in sport mode but it’s hitting.  Man be ware before you buy mavic 2.  I bought The Mavic 2 pro and zoom and also got the re goggles combo and so far have had an issue with the goggles losing signal after about 200 feet of flying, the carrying case in the fly more kit I got with the zoom was too small to fit the drone(I know because I got fly more kit with the pro as well and that bag fits the drones fine? - already sent the bag back to dji for replacement), and now I have a scratched gimble.  They need to redesign that bracket ASAP and I will be calling dji again Monday and give them a piece of my mind.  For me to spend almost 4 thousand dollars and have so many issues is utterly pathetic.  No other way to describe it, especially when I have had MANY similar issues with my other dji drones such as inspire 1, spark, phantom 3 pro, and phantom 4 pro.  Dji makes the best products but their quality control is pretty much as bad as it gets and it’s those small details that make all the difference.  At the end of the day that’s why we pay dji top dollar, and then pay top top dollar when they randomly decide to raise their prices after having several years to finalize the price.  And considering their return process is utter hell with the added benefit of speaking with customer service reps that always sound confused, and unknowlagable on their own products, it’s about as bad as an experience can be with a company.  I’m no longer excited to get my drones because I have so many horrible experiences.  Now I’m just anxious to get them so I can do a full inspection and test for defects myself.  Only after I have decided everything is functioning as they advertise or close to what they advertise, will I be happy.  Really wonder wtf they are going to do about this.  Because I know what the fix is, and it ain’t cheap.  They will need to redesign the lower gimble bracket slightly, replace the camera/gimble assembly for customers who have this issue(which may very well be everyone who has a zoom).  I know dji and I can tell you, probably not going to happen.  They are way too greedy, they will still sell the mavics regardless of this issue because they have no competition, and they obviously don’t care about their customers, like at all.  Also they will claim that it doesn’t effect performance of the gimble/camera so yeah that will be their reasoning even though in my opinion the gimble hitting that bracket(even slightly) overtime, may reduce gimble motor life eventually leading to gimble failure(conveniently for them probably when your drone is well out of warranty).  It’s so funny cuz I noticed this after my second flight.  You mean to tell me dji cant test fly their drones before mass production?  Is that seriously the case here?  Because any decent company would fully test their products in adverse conditions, then make slight adjustments in the design to accommodate issues such as this.  But no.  Once again I am dumbfounded by the laziness of dji.  Unbelievable, truly.  Really was hoping I would have a positive experience this time around, but sadly that’s just not the case and now I have a scratched gimble.
2018-9-22
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Have a look at this post of mine:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=167165&pid=1578598

I got my M2P and gave it a close inspection and seem to have found the cause of the scratches, and gave a few tips on how to prevent them...

Cheers
2018-9-22
Use props
Arsenico
lvl.3
Flight distance : 392920 ft
Spain

I post these in other thread
"Hi .  I had read these thread before the mavic 2 arrives to my home so the first thing i do was look to the gimball
And i didn t like what i saw
Mine comes whit a scach in the gimball  so i think is a ship problem .
Dji what are you going to do whit the customers who buy a spencive product like these and come with Scratched  when is new?????

Mine is a small scratch and im not going to risk sending it and geting other worst
2018-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules