6166 43 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI announces end of life of Phantom 4 Pro series. Perhaps you should buy battery and accessories now.
2018-9-1
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

P4P V2 too?
2018-9-1
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

According to the news they are P4, P4P and P4P+
2018-9-1
Use props
jimm00re
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1277503 ft

I've already dismissed this as just another Clickbate article... I find it odd that DJI did not end life of the Phantom 4 Advanced. I'm not buying it.
2018-9-1
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Where is this announcement?
2018-9-1
Use props
RAONE
lvl.1

what is that means...?
2018-9-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

I would love to comment this post, but I'm sure it'll be banned for obscenity ... Where did you find this announcement ???!!!
2018-9-1
Use props
Sako_P4P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509816 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fake news?
2018-9-1
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-1 12:20
Not P4P version 2.0. But all other iterations of the P4Pro including Obsidian. The announcement was sent to retailers last week.
https://dronedj.com/2018/08/31/end-of-life-mavic-pro-platinum-phantom-3-4-osmo-dji/

I can't read jack from that.
2018-9-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Did The Donald announce this news?? haha

RedHotPoker
2018-9-1
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

My reading skills are fine.  A mumbo jumbo mixed up txt file is all I saw.  
2018-9-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-9-1 12:54
My reading skills are fine.  A mumbo jumbo mixed up txt file is all I saw.

Translation...? Ha

RedHotPoker
2018-9-1
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

I hope this is not true but will P4P2.0 parts such as batteries interchange with the P4P?
2018-9-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-1 11:24
I would love to comment this post, but I'm sure it'll be banned for obscenity ... Where did you find this announcement ???!!!

Why?
All it's saying is that DJI isn't making those drones any more which is to be expected since they have been superseded now.
It doesn't mean that you won't be able to buy batteries, spares or service for them.
You can still buy parts for older DJI drones that went end of life long ago.
2018-9-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 2018-9-1 13:53
Why?
All it's saying is that DJI isn't making those drones any more which is to be expected since they have been superseded now.
It doesn't mean that you won't be able to buy batteries, spares or service for them.

Discontinuing older models is a natural and obvious way of conducting any manufacturing business.  This is expected in DJI case as well, no surprise here. What drives me mad is sensational, panicking mood of such "revelations", posted without any links to officially published DJI announcements or documents, assuming that such publications exists at all. No reason for panic whatsoever, parts and batteries will be available for years to come here and there, original or aftermarket, whatever.
2018-9-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Wasn't this news already reported two years ago?

DJI Has Discontinued Phantom 4 Production – Is It Leaving The Market?
1D2F2B6D-895E-4AC2-AED4-745921AB9B3F.jpeg
Published 2 years ago on January 18, 2017

According to suasnews.com DJI has terminated the production of the iconic Phantom 4. This was probably the shortest lifespan of all the DJI products. They released it on March 1st 2016 and terminated production on 18th of January. It’s been in the production for only 10 months or to be exact 322 days.

Here is the message DJI sent to the dealers today:

Hi Dealers

This is an update as of this morning on DJI Products.

DJI Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Combo
Although production is releasing more and more crafts, DJI have announced that they are withholding all production to service their own clients on DJI.COM until the end of January 2017.

The end of January 2017 is Chinese New Year, where we can expect a 2 to 3 week break in production, so it does not look good for us. At this stage, Please warn your customers that the Stock of the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Pro Combo is severely limited, but we hope that by March 2017 DJI get to the point where they have sufficient production.

DJI Phantom 4
The Phantom 4 production is terminated. We still have some stock left.

DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional
The Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional production is terminated.

Phantom 4 Pro and Pro Plus
Once DJI get the Mavic Pro production sorted out, the consumer drones will be limited to the Mavic Pro, the Phantom 4 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro Plus.

Does this mean DJI Phantom 4 is leaving the market? Probably not. There is probably enough stock to supply customers for some time, but no new P4s will be produced.

Just a few days ago DJI stopped the production of Phantom 3 Series.

http://aws.wetalkuav.com/dji-discontinued-phantom-3-series/

DJI keeps giving a priority to the last generation of products such as Mavic, Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro, but how long will those drones be in the production? Time will tell…

Thank you for reading!

RedHotPoker
2018-9-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-1 14:52
Discontinuing older models is a natural and obvious way of conducting any manufacturing business.  This is expected in DJI case as well, no surprise here. What drives me mad is sensational, panicking mood of such "revelations", posted without any links to officially published DJI announcements or documents, assuming that such publications exists at all. No reason for panic whatsoever, parts and batteries will be available for years to come here and there, original or aftermarket, whatever.

The DJI communication is in here:  https://www.droningon.co/2018/08 ... pro-phantom-4-osmo/
2018-9-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2018-9-1 15:03
The DJI communication is in here:  https://www.droningon.co/2018/08/30/dji-announce-eol-mavic-pro-phantom-4-osmo/

A continuation of the recent  past...

https://forum.dji.com/thread-81049-1-1.html

RedHotPoker
2018-9-1
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft
United States

Christine96 Posted at 2018-9-1 13:51
I hope this is not true but will P4P2.0 parts such as batteries interchange with the P4P?

Yes they will. I’m using my P4 battery in my new P4P V2.0 till I get back my P4 from DJI repair center. It works great. So far not a single issue..
2018-9-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-9-1 15:12
Yes they will. I’m using my P4 battery in my new P4P V2.0 till I get back my P4 from DJI repair center. It works great. So far not a single issue..

Each consecutive DJI drone series has interchangeable batteries.

But not backward or forward compatible...

They were smart doing that. Business wise.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-1
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-9-1 13:53
Why?

I agree with Labroides ... what I’m getting from it .. if it’s true.. is basically there moving on. And if DJI stopped selling batteries or accessories for P4’s they would lose so much money and customers there heads would spin. That would be like Harley Davidson not making parts for 10 year old Harley’s .. sorry got carried away again.. I know what you all are thinking... ok I’ll stop .... lol !
2018-9-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 2018-9-1 15:03
The DJI communication is in here:  https://www.droningon.co/2018/08/30/dji-announce-eol-mavic-pro-phantom-4-osmo/

OMG, Brother Lab, you can't be so naive! This is NOT officially published DJI announcement! I can make such "document" in Adobe Illustrator and publish on my website in 1 hour ...
2018-9-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-1 15:35
OMG, Brother Lab, you can't be so naive! This is NOT officially published DJI announcement! I can make such "document" in Adobe Illustrator and publish on my website in 1 hour ...

I don't see what you are upset about.
It seems quite credible and is hardly a surprise.
Discontinuing superseded machines is to be expected.
2018-9-1
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-1 14:52

Have to agree, Matt. No-one can reasonably expect that a manufacturer will (or can) continue to maintain a product line forever. To maintain market share and to release new features, their products must continue to evolve. And in a tech-related market, expect that evolution to be quite rapid.

My P4P still flys, and it flies well. I expect that if it's ever taken out of the sky by a rabid seagull, or a wall jumps carelessly into it's way, then I'll pull the $$s together for the next model (perhaps a kidney on eBay will do it?).  People shouldn't be concerned about an EOL declaration, and we'll still continue to support each other here.

Although I'm still miffed that Nissan declared EOL on the HR32 GTR Skyline. It should have gone on forever. What were they thinking?
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. I appreciate your time bringing this topic to us. Regarding your concern, this information is NOT TRUE. DJI hasn't announced any information regarding on that topic. Please visit our website for more reliable information. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2018-9-4
Use props
kmss1
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-4 10:34
Hi. I appreciate your time bringing this topic to us. Regarding your concern, this information is NOT TRUE. DJI hasn't announced any information regarding on that topic. Please visit our website for more reliable information. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thanks for your understanding and support.

THANK YOU NATALIA!  It would seem practical to me that DJI, however backwards they may be at times, would make an announcement like this in their own forum...
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kmss1 Posted at 2018-9-4 10:56
THANK YOU NATALIA!  It would seem practical to me that DJI, however backwards they may be at times, would make an announcement like this in their own forum...

You're most welcome. We are here to help you all.
2018-9-5
Use props
djordan2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-1 12:50
Then you may want to brush up on your reading skills. I’ll summarize the memo DJI sent to retailers last week: DJI is end-of-lifing the P4P (including Obsidian), P3SE, Mavic Pro, Mavic Pro Platinum, Osmo, Osmo+, and Osmo Mobile.

Can you read that?

No need to be so condescending!
2018-9-5
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

Hi. I appreciate your time bringing this topic to us. Regarding your concern, this information is NOT TRUE. DJI hasn't announced any information regarding on that topic. Please visit our website for more reliable information. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Why is the Caption of this Forum TITLED END OF P4P..... I hope you are Correct!!! can I be assured by what you say that this is FALSE!!
2019-2-17
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

One more thing, on April 6th of this year The United States GPS will come to end of Life!! and will update all GPS Satellites for new version of Software this occurs every 20 years. We have heard nothing about this from DJI. Can you updates us that are in the know about such things!!
2019-2-17
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

DJI HAS NOT MADE THIS FAKE ANNOUNCEMENT !!!!
2019-2-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P4PCommander Posted at 2-17 10:03
Why is the Caption of this Forum TITLED END OF P4P..... I hope you are Correct!!! can I be assured by what you say that this is FALSE!!

It was the end of the original Phantom 4 Pro and Obsidian edition in terms of those models no longer being sold directly by DJI as the P4P V2.0 effectively replaced them back in May 2018. The P4P V2 and P4A remain in production. BIG difference between a model no longer being manufactured and a model no longer being serviced - ALL P4P's remain fully serviced.
2019-2-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

A CW Posted at 2-17 12:28
It was the end of the original Phantom 4 Pro and Obsidian edition in terms of those models no longer being sold directly by DJI as the P4P V2.0 effectively replaced them back in May 2018. The P4P V2 and P4A remain in production. BIG difference between a model no longer being manufactured and a model no longer being serviced - ALL P4P's remain fully serviced.

The P4P V2 and P4A remain in production.
Are you certain of that?
Although DJI never announced EOL for the V2.0 model, they haven't been producing them for months now.
Go to the DJI store and try to buy one - they have been out of stock since November.
2019-2-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2-17 16:54
The P4P V2 and P4A remain in production.
Are you certain of that?
Although DJI never announced EOL for the V2.0 model, they haven't been producing them for months now.

Well they are at least still for sale on the online store and DJI are quick to remove models that are no longer in production from the store. That said, I see they are totally out of stock and I have seen the P4PP V2.0 for £1400 at DJI dealers in London - nearly £500 off RRP - this is a sign that EOL is imminent. Whether that means a Phantom 5 is about to be announced or indeed the end of the Phantom series is yet to be confirmed.
2019-2-18
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Hopefully the back up will continue along with the availability of parts & batteries in particular.   There must be so many P4's in the world no one surely is going to overlook the potential market of parts & accessories ?
Maybe we'll just have to use "knock-offs" ?
2019-2-18
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

um nobody has mentioned Phantom 5 ()
Logically one product replaces another so without a successor to the P4 line not going to happen just yet.
Enjoying this thread though.
2019-2-18
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-1 12:54
Did The Donald announce this news?? haha

I thought Obama said if we liked our P4 we could keep our P4.  Ha Ha yourself.
2019-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

WayneMHK Posted at 2-18 08:36
I thought Obama said if we liked our P4 we could keep our P4.  Ha Ha yourself.

Yes, are you still flying that old Phantom 2, around centre of town?? Wide Grin

RedHotPoker
2019-2-18
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I cannot imagine the Phantom series will be continued. There will never be a Phantom 5.
The Mavic 2 Pro delivers everything the P4P does - besides 60fps at 4K. I'm sure that will get sorted out in the future.
Why buy a loud and bulky square item when you can have a low noise foldable thing instead?

It would be still kind of sad. The Phantom was the beginning of all.
I keep my P4P. Soon museums will buy them ;-)
2019-2-18
Use props
Spacetrakker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

Sounds like a "TRUMPED UP" story to me !   
2019-2-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules