Dangerous uncommanded movement
662 4 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Impact9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 215886 ft

I'm out in the field chasing trains filming in 4K/30 with normal video transmission. My mavic 2 pro did a complete uncommanded turn, a 360, dropped well after I let off the controller, also it continues turning after letting off the controller. I've noticed this more with recording video. This also was within 100 yards. Soon as I get home I'll download anything I can to help tech support solve this issue.
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to hear about that. May I know if your firmware is updated to the latest version? Can you please try to calibrate your drone? Thanks.
2018-9-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>

That sounds very scary imagine if it had hit the train. This is a large heavy drone
2018-9-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-1 17:07
Hi, we're sorry to hear about that. May I know if your firmware is updated to the latest version? Can you please try to calibrate your drone? Thanks.

Updates are not the answer. These things should work fine out of the box. DJI are not helping the current issues and concerns around drone safety here.
2018-9-1
Use props
Impact9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 215886 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-1 17:07

It is the current firmware versions for all devices. Now I still am unable to calibrate the vision system due to the DJI Assistant v2.0 not connecting to the drone even though it can update the firmware. I'm editing video and will be post the clips of video that show the commanded movements.
Edit addon: I did calibate the compass at my location but this occured well into the flight and well out of reach of magnetic fields associated with power lines.
2018-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules