7161 118 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did the latest Firmware update yesterday and went (tried) flying today. The Hover is greatly improveded, that is the good news. Now the bad news. Kept getting messages "Landing Gear Lowering" and midway through the message "Landing Gear Raising" The messages were about a minute apart. Another message every 3-4 minutes "Switching IMU"  Turning the Aiorcraft was very sluggish, I mean turns were wide and slow. Very unresponsive!  Then when it came time to land the Landing Gear would not come down no matter what I tried and I finallk had to put it down in some tall grass, I mowed the field for the guy and I'll be cleaning grass off the Inspire for a good two months, the stains will probably never come out.  It was either the grass or the homepoint pavement because it had entered "Low Battery" at this point and was entering "RTH" I figured the Gimbal and Camera had a better chance of survival in the Grass. Everything has worked perfectly for the last 40 flights! Now, after the update, JUNK!! It was against my better judgement. I should have left well enough alone and lived with the unsteady Hover issue!
2018-9-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

This is driving me crazy! Some guys are flying happy, some are reporting totally messed birds. I'm about to purchase Inspire 2 ... Drop everything, Mr. Wang, and fix this mess immediately, please !!!
2018-9-1
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-1 11:45
This is driving me crazy! Some guys are flying happy, some are reporting totally messed birds. I'm about to purchase Inspire 2 ... Drop everything, Mr. Wang, and fix this mess immediately, please !!!

I would not waste my money! I am bailing, this is supposed to be fun! It is a lot of pressure, not enjoyable at all!
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. We were able to check on our engineers that this new firmware is a bug. Please kindly downgrade the firmware and use the drone first. You may do that by connecting your drone to the DJI Assistant 2 and it will give you an option their to downgrade the firmware. Our engineers are currently trying to fix it. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused you. We will keep you updated once it's fixed. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-9-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rodger

I am so sorry to be reading about your experience!  Totally unacceptable.. I cannot figure out why some are not experiencing problems and others are. I hope I didn't talk you into this mess. I installed the latest Go 4 App 4.3 and it fixed the message problems from the FW. Clearly do not know what is going on.

Downgrade your FW and wait for them to get this fixed.

So sorry man

Rich
2018-9-2
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
South Korea

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-1 11:45

I agree, same here I want to get it also but im worried about all these plagued problems.
2018-9-2
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

The newest firmware is a total mess, lots of errors, and the DJI recommendation is to downgrade, not a happy answer!! They released a firmware that is dangerous for the user and for the general public. When it happened to me hopefully I was with somebody else that helped me to catch the drone in the air. Im sure nobody from the company its willing to asume the responsibility if I damage my drone due the corrupt firmware update... Stability issues are known on the previous version, we are all waiting for a new update fixing all the problems on these firms... They are taking a while by now...
2018-9-2
Use props
vpierre
lvl.2

Suriname

did you feel the camera drifting too when you hover?
2018-9-3
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicksons Posted at 2018-9-2 22:36
The newest firmware is a total mess, lots of errors, and the DJI recommendation is to downgrade, not a happy answer!! They released a firmware that is dangerous for the user and for the general public. When it happened to me hopefully I was with somebody else that helped me to catch the drone in the air. Im sure nobody from the company its willing to asume the responsibility if I damage my drone due the corrupt firmware update... Stability issues are known on the previous version, we are all waiting for a new update fixing all the problems on these firms... They are taking a while by now...

It is interesting that they make you release them from any and all liability and they insist on their mind of safety in such things as a quiz before flying, no fly zones and restrictions and then they insist that you install the latest firmware that turns your $8,000 drone into a useless unsafe time bomb!
2018-9-3
Use props
vpierre
lvl.2

Suriname

2018-9-3
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

vpierre Posted at 2018-9-3 02:40

I didn't realize that issue. I did notice that it was very sluggish and non responsive Then no response on gear down to land. Had to ditch in a field. Everything other than a steady hover was fine until the update. It is parked.
2018-9-3
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-2 20:19
Rodger

I am so sorry to be reading about your experience!  Totally unacceptable.. I cannot figure out why some are not experiencing problems and others are. I hope I didn't talk you into this mess. I installed the latest Go 4 App 4.3 and it fixed the message problems from the FW. Clearly do not know what is going on.

Not a problem my friend. It is parked.
2018-9-3
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Argentina

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-9-3 16:53
I didn't realize that issue. I did notice that it was very sluggish and non responsive Then no response on gear down to land. Had to ditch in a field. Everything other than a steady hover was fine until the update. It is parked.

The landing gear its working after downgrade?
2018-9-3
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

just for the next time (hopefully there is no next time) you actually can hand catch if the landing gear doesn't come down, one hand grabs the craft one hand left stick down motors should turn off. Of course better if you are with a friend catching it or Maning the remote so if necessary do a 2 stick off
2018-9-3
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Argentina

mixchief Posted at 2018-9-3 17:31
just for the next time (hopefully there is no next time) you actually can hand catch if the landing gear doesn't come down, one hand grabs the craft one hand left stick down motors should turn off. Of course better if you are with a friend catching it or Maning the remote so if necessary do a 2 stick off

If you are alone, place it above your head, catch it and turn it to one sides very fast taking careful of the props, it will turn off as soon as it passes the 90 degrees inclination. This is a total emergency procedure... not recommended at all..... But it works...
2018-9-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-9-3 17:02
Not a problem my friend. It is parked.

By the way, the yaw response is slow because after the FW update DJI resets this in the App to 50%
It needs to be set at 100% for normal flight mode.
camera  icon; gumball settings / advanced settings;  on the top Yaw = 100%  slider all the way to the right

Sounds like you need to downgrade your FW until DJI releases the fix

Rich
2018-9-3
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicksons Posted at 2018-9-3 17:20
The landing gear its working after downgrade?

I didn't do that yet. It is parked. I did bring it down manually using the worm gear. I checked the flight log in Airdata and there was a total of 14 gear up and down messages.
2018-9-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-9-3 17:31
just for the next time (hopefully there is no next time) you actually can hand catch if the landing gear doesn't come down, one hand grabs the craft one hand left stick down motors should turn off. Of course better if you are with a friend catching it or Maning the remote so if necessary do a 2 stick off

I was alone and the batteries were low and it was getting ready to RTH which was pavement and the better option was to put it down in the tall grass in order not to damage the Gimbal and Camera.
2018-9-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-3 19:28
By the way, the yaw response is slow because after the FW update DJI resets this in the App to 50%
It needs to be set at 100% for normal flight mode.
camera  icon; gumball settings / advanced settings;  on the top Yaw = 100%  slider all the way to the right

I had never touched that before and it was always fine. Is this something new that they are doing? You are talking about the aircraft and not the Gimbal?
2018-9-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-9-4 03:05
I had never touched that before and it was always fine. Is this something new that they are doing? You are talking about the aircraft and not the Gimbal?

Okay, the Go 4 App has so many drones now, you need to connect the drone to populate the correct items. So, I told you the wrong information because I had my Mavic 2 on the App last.
The Inspire 2 has (what I was referring to) the setting under main controller settings / Advanced settings / Sensitivity: the first setting at the top called Attitude = 100%
Yes, I could the last 2 FW updates changed this to 50% after it is installed.  The other setting that will slow down the Inspire 2 yaw is located is the yaw movement limit     in the gimbal settings / advanced settings / gimbal yaw smoothness
try these settings:
Rich

IMG_9520.jpg IMG_9521.jpg IMG_9522.jpg
2018-9-4
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Argentina

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-9-4 02:58
I didn't do that yet. It is parked. I did bring it down manually using the worm gear. I checked the flight log in Airdata and there was a total of 14 gear up and down messages.

DJI it’s recommending to downgrade fw due to al these strange warning messages that appear on the app, but if you are still having problems with gear, it’s probably that the servo its gone. You can get the motor only or the whole 19 part from dji to solve this issue, if you need any help just write back...
2018-9-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicksons Posted at 2018-9-4 23:36
DJI it’s recommending to downgrade fw due to al these strange warning messages that appear on the app, but if you are still having problems with gear, it’s probably that the servo its gone. You can get the motor only or the whole 19 part from dji to solve this issue, if you need any help just write back...

Nothing wrong with the servo. It worked fine until the update!
2018-9-5
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-9-5 17:05
Nothing wrong with the servo. It worked fine until the update!

Sorry to hear about all these issues my friend. I already reported the landing gear messages a while ago (Together with others), including the IMU. I fortunately did not have real mechanical issues, beside the constant error messages. Losing the landing gear is not fun at all. I am really sorry for that.
2018-9-7
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-4 09:08
Okay, the Go 4 App has so many drones now, you need to connect the drone to populate the correct items. So, I told you the wrong information because I had my Mavic 2 on the App last.
The Inspire 2 has (what I was referring to) the setting under main controller settings / Advanced settings / Sensitivity: the first setting at the top called Attitude = 100%
Yes, I could the last 2 FW updates changed this to 50% after it is installed.  The other setting that will slow down the Inspire 2 yaw is located is the yaw movement limit     in the gimbal settings / advanced settings / gimbal yaw smoothness

Thanks, this is actually very useful.
2018-9-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-9-7 13:36
Thanks, this is actually very useful.

Thanks Elektrica

I hope this helps some of the members. I took awhile tweaking the settings and because you loose a lot of these settings everytime you update the FW... I have a photo for reference  

Rich
2018-9-7
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-9-7 13:36
Sorry to hear about all these issues my friend. I already reported the landing gear messages a while ago (Together with others), including the IMU. I fortunately did not have real mechanical issues, beside the constant error messages. Losing the landing gear is not fun at all. I am really sorry for that.

Takes the fun and reliability of the flying
2018-9-7
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-7 14:13
Thanks Elektrica

I hope this helps some of the members. I took awhile tweaking the settings and because you loose a lot of these settings everytime you update the FW... I have a photo for reference  

Simple and brilliant
2018-9-7
Use props
engelo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12311667 ft
  • >>>
Greece

This message is driving me crazy to (Landing Gear !!!!!! )
2018-9-8
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

engelo Posted at 2018-9-8 13:48
This message is driving me crazy to (Landing Gear !!!!!! )

I kept getting the message and then it froze the gear up. Couldn't get it down at all. I was using the Cendence Controller, that may be a difference between the messages and the landing gear working.
2018-9-8
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

firmware numbers please, so that we know what you say and ask and tell ( numbers of every part, camera ,machine, remote, battery's, Cristal sky or iPad, app version)
2018-9-10
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DRAGenDROP Posted at 2018-9-10 06:15
firmware numbers please, so that we know what you say and ask and tell ( numbers of every part, camera ,machine, remote, battery's, Cristal sky or iPad, app version)

It is the latest I2 Firmware.
2018-9-10
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

...If you downgrade the software to the .100, then you will automatically lose the new ProRes RAW capability of the Zenmuse X7...
BTW, for some unknown reason my Inspire2 'Requires' the X5 in order to update. If I have the X7 mounted the update will always fail. I tried with several updates over the months, with iPad, iPhone, Mac, PC. Always the same failure. The update will stop somewhere around 70% and sometimes fail. As soon as the X5 is mounted, it goes through fine.
2018-9-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-9-10 11:24
...If you downgrade the software to the .100, then you will automatically lose the new ProRes RAW capability of the Zenmuse X7...
BTW, for some unknown reason my Inspire2 'Requires' the X5 in order to update. If I have the X7 mounted the update will always fail. I tried with several updates over the months, with iPad, iPhone, Mac, PC. Always the same failure. The update will stop somewhere around 70% and sometimes fail. As soon as the X5 is mounted, it goes through fine.

You mean X5S, correct?
2018-9-10
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

Flew another job today with all the latest firmware and software versions.  Still not having any issues.  No landing gear message, no camera drift, nothing.  Flew and performed like it is supposed to do.
2018-9-10
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Correct, sorry
2018-9-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

Blackwood Posted at 2018-9-10 12:56
Flew another job today with all the latest firmware and software versions.  Still not having any issues.  No landing gear message, no camera drift, nothing.  Flew and performed like it is supposed to do.

Blackwood, would you do the following test, at your convenience naturally:

1. Power the system up as usual.
2. Lift the bird up to a safe attitude, perform all routine pre-flight things etc.
3. When ready, fly straight forward full throttle. Does she fly straight or drift to left?
4. She may maintain straight flight eventually after repeating such maneuver, or keep drifting.
5. After straight ahead fast flight let the throttle stick go to 0 by itself. She will brake abruptly, but observe position holding immediately after. Does she holds or sway a foot or three before engaging steady hover?

Thank you in advance.
2018-9-10
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I wonder why some have issues and others do not?
2018-9-10
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

thats sounds very good
I can not update because of the risk the machine is grounded, have to many important jobs to come next mouth
i must be very sure that a update is good or not, a lot of money is involved with it (jobs)

till now i can fly and do the jobs, even with the not straid forward flying, camera jumps to the left after landing, and the dangerous hopping after 1 second the machine lands on it's feed on a little steep surface, it want's to stay level while it already on the ground, not need to stay level at that moment

Will see what DJI will do, till now they do little to non, so a lot off people can not fly safe, even if it flys a little ok, the feel of not having a good flying machine is also terrible, it makes the job very unsure and the trust in DJI is fading away

If DJI did a good job for the pro flying guys, better pro suport or put in very big text on there webside that a updat is buggy and not good, we pro's will stay with DJI, bud even me that is flying DJI from the beginning, start to look around for alternetif machines, just becuace they are not open and clear about the pro product!!!!!

My god, how they explain things, they realy have to think about the pro stuff not only the consumer stuff, DJI did say we like to be like Apple!, if they do that than it is al about money and not good pro products anymore, look at the mac pro, a lot aff people did jump to other systems becauce they did let fall the pro users

COME ON DJI, it's another time, keep your pro users that earn there money with you pro stuff with you, this way we will slowely turn our back to you!
You are lucky that the alternetiffs are not realy there, so that is your luck!

Act human and with understanding that a lot off us earn there money with your stuff, so it's very inportant for us where we stand!, even if someting is not good, be clear about that, even than we stay whit you, bud if you keep acting how you do it now... good luck.

Vincent
2018-9-11
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

vpierre Posted at 2018-9-3 02:40

jep i have it ,on 0100
2018-9-11
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

DRAGenDROP Posted at 2018-9-11 06:50
thats sounds very good
I can not update because of the risk the machine is grounded, have to many important jobs to come next mouth
i must be very sure that a update is good or not, a lot of money is involved with it (jobs)

Vincent, you're embarrassing yourself ... I've read rants like that million times here and there ... DJI is aware of these issues. Failures are happening occasionally, most are fixed sooner or later, some left unsolved and fading into oblivion. My beloved Inspire 1 Pro was once performing flawlessly, steady like a rock. Now - after one particular FW update I don't even remember which - she's dancing in hover like a drunken sailor. And there's absolutely no chance DJI will address this issue ever, because Inspire 1 platform is obsolete and neglected.

Unfortunately there's no alternative. You can either leave or live with that. Scream and vent here as loud as you like, but they can't hear you at their's attitude (pun intended)...
2018-9-11
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules