Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
More questions about MP2
1289 22 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FRCornelis
First Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>

Hello,
Anyone else noticed like 4 little in dots (dents) on the Smart Battery? It's behind the power button, every dot is a very slight indentention on the battery case, if you "connect the dots" between them, you get a perfect rectangle shape.
My battery only has abut 5-6 cycles, not sure if that was already there our of the box but I have a feeling they weren't and they start showing after using the battery, probably after the battery heats up? defective battary? -any thoughs?

I'm concerned about getting more "deformation" over the life of the battery, It's kind of hard getting on camara...

Have you guys noticed this?
Thanks,
-FC

2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you received. Regarding with that, may I ask if the dents or dots are visible? Can you provide some picture for better visualization and for me as well to forward it to the right department for confirmation. Thanks!
2018-9-1
Use props
FRCornelis
First Officer
  • >>>

Hello DJI Stephan,
Thank you for the response, I tried to capture with phone but, it's kind of hard to see by picture but yes, they are visible and with natural light they are evident, this is how I spot them.

-FC
2018-9-1
Use props
FRCornelis
First Officer
  • >>>

I guess it can be seen better on this one:
2018-9-1
Use props
FlyDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

I see what you mean, but you can probably make it even clearer if you take a new picture where lightsource is on the side at the right height. If necessary, use a flashlight for the purpose.
2018-9-1
Use props
FRCornelis
First Officer
  • >>>

FlyDK Posted at 2018-9-1 15:21
I see what you mean, but you can probably make it even clearer if you take a new picture where lightsource is on the side at the right height. If necessary, use a flashlight for the purpose.

Hello FlyDK,
Thank you for the advice, and that's exactally what I did, I had to play with another phone's flashlight to somehow show it on the pic. I think it serves the purpose to show.
When I spotted the "little marks" I wasn't even looking for it and yet I discovered them.
Not sure if this is normal or not.

-FC
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-9-1 15:07
I guess it can be seen better on this one:
[view_image]

Hi. Thank you for providing a picture. Does it show in other batteries? Does it affects flight perfomance?
2018-9-2
Use props
FRCornelis
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-2 08:02
Hi. Thank you for providing a picture. Does it show in other batteries? Does it affects flight perfomance?

I don’t have my FlyMore Combo yet, don’t have another battery to compare.
I don’t think is affecting the flight performance yet but it’s a brand new battery and already showing that, to me is a red flag, not sure what’s going to happen later down the road if this is indeed a defect.
This is why I started the inquiry as I assume DJI would be able to determine the case.

-FC
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-9-2 08:18
I don’t have my FlyMore Combo yet, don’t have another battery to compare.
I don’t think is affecting the flight performance yet but it’s a brand new battery and already showing that, to me is a red flag, not sure what’s going to happen later down the road if this is indeed a defect.
This is why I started the inquiry as I assume DJI would be able to determine the case.

I see. I'll confirm this to our engineers to check if this will be fine or not. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-9-2
Use props
FRCornelis
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-2 08:21
I see. I'll confirm this to our engineers to check if this will be fine or not. Your patience will be much appreciated.

DJI Wanda,
Did you ever get an answer for this one?

Thanks,
-FC
2018-9-4
Use props
FRCornelis
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-9-4 14:50
DJI Wanda,
Did you ever get an answer for this one?

Apparently it's true what they say about what happens to customer service after the purchase.
I did a simple question, they never know anything, never follow up and you have to be chasing them for an answer only to get "the inquiry will be sent to engineering for a response", they simple don't care. If a simple question is so much trouble for them to answer, God knows what will take them to address something more relevant, my fault, I didn't want to listen to people about "DJI support" after-sales and I went ahead anyway, at this point I'm better off selling my brand new MP2, after $1,549 + Refresh, what a disgrace.

-FC
2018-9-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had similar issues with my original MP but never with the platinum or Air batteries. Indentations like this are not a good sign. Monitor the battery carefully.
2018-9-5
Use props
FRCornelis
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Battery Issue

A CW Posted at 2018-9-5 07:16
Had similar issues with my original MP but never with the platinum or Air batteries. Indentations like this are not a good sign. Monitor the battery carefully.

Thank you for the advice.

The aircraft is working perfectly fine, flights great, not an issue with performance, however, I don't remember battery indentations on my MP1 battery.
I'm just disappointed about the lack of features (from previous MP1) and careless DJI support.
If I knew about the normal Wayponts and Precision landing being removed from the new release, I wouldn't purchase the aircraft, and gone with the P4P instead or the EVO, as I see, this is not hardware limitation, this is software related and I feel cheated.

Now I don't know what to do with the battery as DJI is not following up with me and I certainly don't want to sell the unit with a battery that may fail to the new owner in the future, the marks on the battery are very soft, not too deep at this time but not sure what's going to happen in the long run.

-FC
2018-9-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-9-5 09:40
Thank you for the advice.

The aircraft is working perfectly fine, flights great, not an issue with performance, however, I don't remember battery indentations on my MP1 battery.

It should be fine - swelling is the main issue with these batteries but dents can also be a sign that the cells are damaged. If the battery status on the app is showing OK then it should still be OK to fly but things may go air shaped soon rather than later. I'd return the battery asap as battery failure may lead to losing the whole drone of course.
2018-9-5
Use props
FRCornelis
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-9-5 11:15
It should be fine - swelling is the main issue with these batteries but dents can also be a sign that the cells are damaged. If the battery status on the app is showing OK then it should still be OK to fly but things may go air shaped soon rather than later. I'd return the battery asap as battery failure may lead to losing the whole drone of course.

Thank you.
However, this is the only battery I have, the one that came with the aircraft.
DJI is not responding my post so not sure how to address this, this is why my next quad will be from AUTEL when after sales support actually exists.
Also, am I the only one having this battery issue out of all the MP2 early adopters?
Will DJI send me a new battery replacement (prior to me sending the defective one?)

-FC
2018-9-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-9-5 11:25
Thank you.
However, this is the only battery I have, the one that came with the aircraft.
DJI is not responding my post so not sure how to address this, this is why my next quad will be from AUTEL when after sales support actually exists.

You normally have to return the battery - they inspect it and if deemed a DOA they will send you a replacement. Best thing to do is to contact DJI support via email and raise a ticket.
2018-9-5
Use props
FRCornelis
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-9-5 11:28
You normally have to return the battery - they inspect it and if deemed a DOA they will send you a replacement. Best thing to do is to contact DJI support via email and raise a ticket.

Thank you,
Do you know what's the email address I should use?
2018-9-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-9-5 11:31
Thank you,
Do you know what's the email address I should use?

Here is the link
https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-9-5
Use props
FRCornelis
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-9-5 11:34
Here is the link
https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=nav

Thank you for your help
-FC
2018-9-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-9-5 11:46
Thank you for your help
-FC

You're welcome and hope you get it sorted soon. I know it is frustrating when these things happen.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-9-4 14:50
DJI Wanda,
Did you ever get an answer for this one?

Hi. Sorry for the late response. We highly suggest to have to replaced since our engineers haven't had any same complains about this issue. May I know where did you bought the drone?
2018-9-10
Use props
FRCornelis
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-10 01:49
Hi. Sorry for the late response. We highly suggest to have to replaced since our engineers haven't had any same complains about this issue. May I know where did you bought the drone?

DJI Wanda,
I ordered the Mavic Pro 2 the day of the announcement from DJI online store.
My order no is 0010281890349

You're suggesting having it replaced, you mean the entire drone or just the battery?
The battery is the only one I have and it's the one that came with the unit.
Please advise

-FC
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-9-10 09:32
DJI Wanda,
I ordered the Mavic Pro 2 the day of the announcement from DJI online store.
My order no is 0010281890349

You can only send the battery if it's the only one that has a problem. You can contact our support +1 (818) 235 0789 Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) to start up a case.
2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules