Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M2 Z example of the Zoom function and a Hyperlapse
1639 14 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duke56
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1761844 ft
United States

Here's a short video showcasing the zoom feature and a Hyperlapse.  
Zoom Feature:  Went out to take another look at an Osprey nest in the NJ Meadowlands.  Nest looked empty but towards the end you see a full grown Osprey circling my M2 Z.  Turned around and hightailed it out of there.  

Hyperlapse:  This is an 8 second hyperlapse video  Actually my second attempt.  During my first attempt I was using yaw thinking it would make it better.  Finished product made me realize I didn't take into account how my stick movements would be superfast in the rendered video.  

BTW, during my second battery I noticed the feed to my Ipad was getting very laggy.  At one point the Go4 app crashed.  First time that's ever happened to me.  Restarted the app and reconnected to the M2 Z, brought it back to me, landed and shut everything down and started over again.  Had no more issues the rest of that battery and one more battery after that.  

Enjoy!

2018-9-1
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

The video is unavailable.
2018-9-1
Use props
Duke56
lvl.4
United States

Try it now
2018-9-1
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Big bird, nice hyperlapse.
2018-9-1
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

That zoom feature is amazing. Pity it could not be incorporated with the MP2......
2018-9-2
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Very interesting, thank you!
2018-9-2
Use props
Sigma Octantis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6024 ft
Australia

Very nice Duke. I had a wedge tail eagle fly under me today, very intimidating, but he/she left the drone alone. A magpie yesterday did try to swoop the drone, but no contact, the magpie persisted til I landed.

Was that 2x zoom?
2018-9-2
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Very nice video. ...  huge bird checking out the Mavic
2018-9-2
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>

Wow that was a big bird
2018-9-2
Use props
Duke56
lvl.4
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-9-2 00:16
That zoom feature is amazing. Pity it could not be incorporated with the MP2......

Probably could have combined both features, Zoom & 1" sensor, into one Mavic but the cost would have sky rocketed.  Maybe that is what the Mavic 2 Enterprise will be.
2018-9-2
Use props
Duke56
lvl.4
United States

Sigma Octantis Posted at 2018-9-2 01:14
Very nice Duke. I had a wedge tail eagle fly under me today, very intimidating, but he/she left the drone alone. A magpie yesterday did try to swoop the drone, but no contact, the magpie persisted til I landed.

Was that 2x zoom?

Yes, 2X Zoom.  Haven't figured out to get the 4X Zoom.  I was shooting in 1080P, the extra 2X digital zoom is not available in 4K mode.  I don't know if the extra 2X is incorporated into the scroll wheel.  I had a digital camera that had digitial zoom on top of the optical zoom.  It would zoom until it reached it's optical  ceiling and then I would have to hit the zoom wheel again to go to the digital zoom.  I didn't notice that in the M2 Z.  Will have to do some research on that.
2018-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see.
I especially like the old railway, although it seems not in use.
2018-9-2
Use props
Sigma Octantis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6024 ft
Australia

This was the eagle that flew under me... About a 1.5m wingspan.
2018-9-2
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice video!
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Wow. Very nice video. Thank you so much for sharing your video with us. If you have other concern, please let us know. We are here to help. Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a nice day.
2018-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules