Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
2 zoom charging.
1124 11 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
perryb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>

I just got my zoom and love it and did get a flight in. Amazing!! The only problem I am having is I can not get the remote controller to charge. I have tried everything. I know the charger is working as I charged the aircraft battery. Any ideas as I would love to fly this weekend.I am at 50%. If I need to replace the cable what type is it called?I am new to Mavic and fly I2 and P4 as a rule and could just be doing something stupid.
2018-9-1
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try another USB charger just to eliminate the M2Z's USB connector as an issue.
2018-9-1
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Its just a USB to Micro-USB cable, even though the port looks different.  Make sure the narrower side of the plug is oriented towards the controller LED.
2018-9-1
Use props
Werner F.
First Officer
Flight distance : 14745246 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-163845-1-1.html
2018-9-1
Use props
perryb
Second Officer
  • >>>

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-1 16:25
Its just a USB to Micro-USB cable, even though the port looks different.  Make sure the narrower side of the plug is oriented towards the controller LED.

Thanks, I will try that. Nothing I have here works all Lighting.I took straight out the box, pain.
2018-9-1
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>

perryb Posted at 2018-9-1 17:17
Thanks, I will try that. Nothing I have here works all Lighting.I took straight out the box, pain.

There should have been a USB-C to Micro-USB  adapter included with the aircraft.  It was in the small box with the cables.  You can use it with the included USB to USB-C cable & a USB power supply to charge your remote.
2018-9-1
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You might have a defective RC. Just return it and get a new MP2.
2018-9-1
Use props
perryb
Second Officer
  • >>>

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-1 17:28
There should have been a USB-C to Micro-USB  adapter included with the aircraft.  It was in the small box with the cables.  You can use it with the included USB to USB-C cable & a USB power supply to charge your remote.

I will go check that out and again Thanks.
2018-9-1
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I've seen a couple of threads about bad USB cables with new MP2s. You can get another one pretty cheap.
2018-9-1
Use props
Sigma Octantis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6024 ft
Australia

FYI my charger doesn't charge the remote either. BUT my samsung S7 cable fits in and charges.

I think there's a problem with the combined charger...it's also weird that you can't stop the RC charging your phone. I'd rather preserve the RC charge.

2018-9-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a setting under RC settings in the app to turn off remote device charging.

FYI it won’t charge iPad minis it seems to be restricted to phone devices.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try to use a different USB cable.
2018-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules