Excessive attitude angle detected
3297 16 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Packer Backer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240948 ft
United States

Okay I think I know what this is I could not find much information about the notifcation but can anyone chime in?
Screenshot_142.png
2018-9-1
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

I have gotten this on my M2P a few times, always when it's been pretty windy.
2018-9-1
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Papua New Guinea

To put simply, it just means the drone is "tilting" excessively in one direction (this is part of how goes forwards/backwards/side-to-side) and the sensors on board are not able to accurately see obstacles in the way because they are pointing too far up or down. Not much to be concerned about in most cases if you are not relying on obstacle avoidance to replace your own vision. Usually you get it in either Sport Mode or when it is a little windy as would be the case here.
2018-9-1
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

It means the drone has tilted so much that the backwards sensors are no longer pointed backwards and therefore not effective to prevent collisions.
2018-9-1
Use props
Packer Backer
lvl.4
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-1 18:04
I have gotten this on my M2P a few times, always when it's been pretty windy.

yes there were a few gusts up there.
2018-9-1
Use props
Packer Backer
lvl.4
United States

DJKOR Posted at 2018-9-1 18:18
To put simply, it just means the drone is "tilting" excessively in one direction (this is part of how goes forwards/backwards/side-to-side) and the sensors on board are not able to accurately see obstacles in the way because they are pointing too far up or down. Not much to be concerned about in most cases if you are not relying on obstacle avoidance to replace your own vision. Usually you get it in either Sport Mode or when it is a little windy as would be the case here.

Thank you, my thinking is maybe it was coming back into the wind and tilted nose down a little too much. It was windy I did get a few high wind velocity warnings and that is why I was bringing her back.  

When this happens am I in danger of a stall? That is my main concern. I was in P mode and I have noticed that even in P mode she will build speed aggressively (nose down) and almost stand straight up and down when I stop her.
2018-9-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

This is a very normal error if flying into strong winds
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. I would recommend flying your aircraft in an advisable environment to prevent an incident. You can re-calibrate the IMU and compass as well to see if the issue will persist. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-4
Use props
Packer Backer
lvl.4

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-4 08:59
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. I would recommend flying your aircraft in an advisable environment to prevent an incident. You can re-calibrate the IMU and compass as well to see if the issue will persist. Thank you for the support.

Did you mean to post that response here?
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Packer Backer Posted at 2018-9-4 09:24
Did you mean to post that response here?

Hi, Thanks for your response. I mean do the brief troubleshooting and fly in an advisable environment and weather to see if the issue will persist.
2018-9-9
Use props
Turn11.Larry
lvl.2
United States

I believe the MPP  motors will shutoff if the AC  is inclined at an angle of approximately 70 degrees. I scanned (not read every word) the User Manual V2.0 and I did not see it mentioned.

My question is does the Mavic 2 Pro have such a function and what is the approximate angle?
2018-9-25
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

You won’t stall as the lift is generated by the rotors not by the forward motion of flight. Forward flight does generate some lift as the approaching blade will be travelling faster through the air than the trailing blade, but not enough to have any noticeable effect, due to the high rotational speed of the rota in relation to the air in which it is flying.

I have flown the MP2 in very gusty winds and it copes well with it. The sensors will give warnings if the aircraft needs to tilt to maintain forward flight. I haven’t established what angle that is but it’s not really an issue.
2018-9-25
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Turn11.Larry Posted at 2018-9-25 21:34
I believe the MPP  motors will shutoff if the AC  is inclined at an angle of approximately 70 degrees. I scanned (not read every word) the User Manual V2.0 and I did not see it mentioned.

My question is does the Mavic 2 Pro have such a function and what is the approximate angle?

There is no angle where the motors would shut off. They always keep running.
There is a funny thread in the Mavicpilots forum where some guy crashed his M2P and it ended up on it's back with the motors still spinning eventually cutting one of his fingers badly ;-)

2018-9-26
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Packer Backer Posted at 2018-9-1 18:51
Thank you, my thinking is maybe it was coming back into the wind and tilted nose down a little too much. It was windy I did get a few high wind velocity warnings and that is why I was bringing her back.  

When this happens am I in danger of a stall? That is my main concern. I was in P mode and I have noticed that even in P mode she will build speed aggressively (nose down) and almost stand straight up and down when I stop her.

There is no way the M2P can stall.  It may be blown away though if you fly in too strong winds.
Even then it will keep its balance while it is sailing away from you ;-)

I usually fly in the open and always have obstacle avoidance off.
The messages popping up are disturbing me, esp. in sports mode.
2018-9-26
Use props
Turn11.Larry
lvl.2
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-9-26 13:11
There is no angle where the motors would shut off. They always keep running.
There is a funny thread in the Mavicpilots forum where some guy crashed his M2P and it ended up on it's back with the motors still spinning eventually cutting one of his fingers badly ;-)

I presume you are referring to the M2 series aircraft.
Apparently the MP/MPP will shutoff whether by design or accident.
2018-9-28
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Turn11.Larry Posted at 2018-9-28 19:28
I presume you are referring to the M2 series aircraft.
Apparently the MP/MPP will shutoff whether by design or accident.

I think its a  bit more compacted than just the angle. My MP switches the motors off when I crashed it into a wall indoors and landed almost full inverted on a box of beer bottles. But i think it was due to attitude and that it stopped moving that caused the motor power off.

Cheers

2018-9-29
Use props
Turn11.Larry
lvl.2
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2018-9-29 07:46
I think its a  bit more compacted than just the angle. My MP switches the motors off when I crashed it into a wall indoors and landed almost full inverted on a box of beer bottles. But i think it was due to attitude and that it stopped moving that caused the motor power off.

Cheers

Most any MP or MPP thread on hand retrieval will give tilting approximately 70° or more to shut off the motors.  
The motors will also turn off the motors if the flight controller has a critical error.
I wasn't there when you had your unfortunate crash but when I had mine the MPP tumbled after it also hit a wall. I know the motors had stopped before it dropped less than 4'. The speed at impact was only one or two miles an hour. The only damage was 1 prop, gimbal ribbon cable and arm pivot point.

However on the M2P mavicpilots forum there has been more than one case where the AC did not shutoff after a crash and landing on it's back.

That is why I have been trying to find out if "the angle" of shutoff is an oversight/accident or programmed in for the MP/MPP.
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules