Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI - Mavic 1 - Mavic 2 (Which ONE?)
1387 26 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

Hello Folks:

I know everyone has been buying up the Mavic 2, both Pro and Zoom, but it's looking like many who own the original Mavic Pro haven't been upgrading as of yet.

Given it's early as of today, who preferes the original Mavic Pro??...Is anybody rock set on not buying either of the Mavic 2's and sticking with, and flying, your Mavic Pro?
Single SelectVote, Total 19 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

52.63% (10)
5.26% (1)
42.11% (8)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-9-1
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Camera appears to be great on the MP2, but looks like people are having a lot of issues. I've had my MP for over a year with zero issues. Not upgrading unless things look a whole lot better with the MP2.
2018-9-1
Use props
Sunny D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70883 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mp1 is now 1/2 the price if the mp2, so the extra $700 for a few extra features aren’t worth it to me yet. Awesome drone, I look forward to getting one... in 2022.
2018-9-1
Use props
Sunny D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70883 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mp1 is now 1/2 the price if the mp2, so the extra $700 for a few extra features aren’t worth it to me yet. Awesome drone, I look forward to getting one... in 2022.
2018-9-1
Use props
Kingram
First Officer
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Sunny D Posted at 2018-9-1 18:43
Mp1 is now 1/2 the price if the mp2, so the extra $700 for a few extra features aren’t worth it to me yet. Awesome drone, I look forward to getting one... in 2022.

I heard you the first time
2018-9-1
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Flight distance : 10149541 ft
Canada

maybe in the future but certainly not now,  to tell you the truth I like my MP and enjoying it,  as stated before 700.00 is a wee bit much for a few improvements.
2018-9-1
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-9-1 19:24
maybe in the future but certainly not now,  to tell you the truth I like my MP and enjoying it,  as stated before 700.00 is a wee bit much for a few improvements.

Agreed $700 is pretty steep for a couple of upgrades on what is the same type of drone except with a different camera and few more bells and whistles.
2018-9-1
Use props
Ethan Collins
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6798 ft
United States

I see the mavic pro for just $799 on BestBuys website should I get it?
2018-9-1
Use props
Ethan Collins
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6798 ft
United States

Or should I just get the Air I mean it's now the same price
5904561F-5FB9-48C0-AED3-8B10CE559DC5.png
2018-9-1
Use props
Esk534
Captain
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

Maybe in the future but not now, i wait it`s a new drone and all new have some error whit it, so when all problems is ok i maybe will get a new one, and read about a new controller to the mavic pro 2 whit built in screen i wait for that.
2018-9-1
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
Flight distance : 38850850 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

The answer to Your question is a matter of possibilities if I had 2-3 K to spare - I'll buy M2P right away - if I am hesitant (as I am ) I'll stick with MP and will calm myself searching for M2P shortcomings ;) But I am realist I know M2P is better (thou for me My MP has some upsides!) but I am not convinced internally to justify that amount of money spend on another toy so I am prolonging inevitable ;) will see how long I'll withstand ;)
2018-9-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13395489 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

The MP2 has some great features David and I would love to get it but my MP1 is also great with no issues, also for me the biggest hold back is the duel compass. I have also seen/read here about a MP2 falling out of the sky - scary stuff. I do not want to be DJI's beta tester and will wait around 6 months before i buy this by then they should have fixed all the bugs that the early adopters have found.
2018-9-1
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Canada

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-9-1 20:22
Agreed $700 is pretty steep for a couple of upgrades on what is the same type of drone except with a different camera and few more bells and whistles.

yes David it is kind of steep I will wait until the price goes down.
2018-9-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Leaving Camera aside as it is far superior, one of the best things about the new drone is it’s ability to fly, the improvements on this aircraft from Mavic 1 are incredible, yes many small changes like better AT better Apas than MA, better signal better live feed , the whole aircraft is much more responsive , flys much faster in P mode a real problem with orignal Mavic into the wind and also into the wind on RTH , having paid close to €1200 for orignal Mavic with smaller sensor two years ago , the new Mavic2 Pro is worth every extra penny I spent on it .
2018-9-2
Use props
Lamplighter55
Captain
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Bought the MPP this time last year - and am not likely to invest in a M2P in the near future as the MPP fits my needs better for now. Maybe will go for one in 2019. I still use my Spark for 'grab and go' situations.
2018-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

For me the M2P seems te most appealing, but I won't be upgrading soon.
2018-9-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-9-2 01:20
yes David it is kind of steep I will wait until the price goes down.

I heard the Mavic 2 Pro doesn't have Precision Landing? It seems there are a lot of bugs and glitches that still need to be worked out by DJI, but I'm sure if Mavic 2 inherited best of the original Mavic Pro then it would be more attractive as a purchase option.
2018-9-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-9-2 10:57

Preferably I'd like to try out each one to see the difference in camera quality.
2018-9-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-9-2 10:57

Preferably I'd like to try out each one to see the difference in camera quality.
2018-9-2
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Canada

Suren Posted at 2018-9-1 22:27
The MP2 has some great features David and I would love to get it but my MP1 is also great with no issues, also for me the biggest hold back is the duel compass. I have also seen/read here about a MP2 falling out of the sky - scary stuff. I do not want to be DJI's beta tester and will wait around 6 months before i buy this by then they should have fixed all the bugs that the early adopters have found.

smart move and wise advice suren.
2018-9-2
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Check out my youtube channel thehippoz. I have some og mavic videos so you can see what the mavic 1 does in 4k. Just ordered the 2 pro because a friend got it and likes the video. Grading og mavic footage can be fun though if you have the right rig.

I'm going to keep them both because can fly anywhere with the old one and no tracking from dji. The mavic 2 is more for professional type shooting, it won't be flying into windows and stuff getting that roid rage shot.
2018-9-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>

Suren Posted at 2018-9-1 22:27

Suren, I think your logic makes a lot of sense especially when the Mavic 2 Pro with Fly More Package sells for ~$1,800?!

It is scary to read about the Mavic 2 falling from the sky so quickly, obviously some are going to be affected by the lingering bugs that still need working out. A proverbial pass as of now for all original DJI Mavic Pro owners...
2018-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-9-2 13:11
Preferably I'd like to try out each one to see the difference in camera quality.

Yes indeed. Looking for some good comparisons (not by people who are send free drones)
2018-9-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-9-2 22:09
Yes indeed. Looking for some good comparisons (not by people who are send free drones)

I just haven't been too impressed with the Mavic 2 Pro camera. The Phantom still looks like it's a bit more sharper with a wider angle lens.
2018-9-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-9-3 06:40
I just haven't been too impressed with the Mavic 2 Pro camera. The Phantom still looks like it's a bit more sharper with a wider angle lens.

The wide angle is a disadvantage in my opinion.
I want to keep a nice distance from objects so the drone is not too close for somebody's comfort.
So with a more narrow FOV you can still get a decent shot of that object.
I would prefer a bit more narrow if it was up to me.
2018-9-3
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-9-3 12:52
The wide angle is a disadvantage in my opinion.
I want to keep a nice distance from objects so the drone is not too close for somebody's comfort.
So with a more narrow FOV you can still get a decent shot of that object.

Bottom line: I'm not a professional photographer but anything that creates a true motion picture cinematic look then I'm all for it.

Maybe DJI could incorporate more cinematography features like 35mm Film Mode, Anamorphic 2:40 to 1 Scale, other filming enhancements etc. I know we can edit everything in post-production but obviously DJI is adding more of it to the drone.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for creating this poll for us to determine what seems to be their thoughts before upgrading their unit. Please let us know if you need our help. Thank you.
2018-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules