12Next >
2145 53 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>

I was defiantly going to buy the Mavic 2 Zoom to add to my other DJI Drones but reading all the issues here after only a few days of release I am keeping my money in my pocket and will spend it elsewhere.

I will stick to my Mavic Air.

The problems I am reading (and I know some will be user error) seem quite bad......... Makes you wonder what the original delayed release was about.

I cant be bothered with constant firmware and other updates as these are far to frequent from DJI. They need to do more testing with normal people before they release what is a very expensive drone

Dennis
2018-9-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

i am in agreement with you, I too am waiting for all these bugs to be fixed that the early adopters have picked up
2018-9-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bothersome is Mavic 2 is not an entirely new product.  MP2 is MP1 with better Gimbal/Camera, and some MA features.  
2018-9-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

I cant be bothered with constant firmware and other updates as these are far to frequent from DJI

In fairness, you can't say that about Mavic Air firmware.  Been many moons since .0400 FW for MA was released.  
2018-9-1
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

If the support (bad) for the now not even a year old MA is anything to go by, i feel sorry for some of the guys buying the MP2 in any version, putting themselves up to be like quinea pigs for DJI. It is sooo funny that they discontinue the M1, that not many people have problems with anymore, and "support" the new drones, with countless issues.

And also, i wonder if they did not notice, or fix something stupid a the gimbal scratching on the body, the back legs scratching on the body, what else inside, more important, got missed.
I would definitely take back any car, that gets scratced if i for instance, close the door everytime, no matter how cheap it was.
Will wait for the next, next generation, or buy a secondhand MP2 after the first owner already send it back countless times, got it fixed, and have the best possible firmware and App to fly it with.....
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I fully understand your point, sir and we're doing our best to improve our products. We will let you know as soon as we already resolved all the issues we're having right now with the Mavic 2 series. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-9-2
Use props
DewDog_2
lvl.3

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-2 06:11
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I fully understand your point, sir and we're doing our best to improve our products. We will let you know as soon as we already resolved all the issues we're having right now with the Mavic 2 series. Thank you for your understanding.

Your can let me know too.   

Also, every video I have seen of MA2Z the horizon is slightly tilted to the right.  I wonder if there is a horizon adjustment in DJIGo4?

2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DewDog_2 Posted at 2018-9-2 07:05
Your can let me know too.   

Also, every video I have seen of MA2Z the horizon is slightly tilted to the right.  I wonder if there is a horizon adjustment in DJIGo4?

Yes, there is an adjustment available in DJI Go 4 app.
2018-9-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-9-1 23:31
If the support (bad) for the now not even a year old MA is anything to go by, i feel sorry for some of the guys buying the MP2 in any version, putting themselves up to be like quinea pigs for DJI. It is sooo funny that they discontinue the M1, that not many people have problems with anymore, and "support" the new drones, with countless issues.

And also, i wonder if they did not notice, or fix something stupid a the gimbal scratching on the body, the back legs scratching on the body, what else inside, more important, got missed.

Your Avatar panel says you are located in South Africa.  Is there a DJI repair / service center there?

Can't imagine owning Mavic, RC, CrystalSky, and living in a country that did not have a repair / service center.  I am looking at sending everything back in for repair / service again; after getting everything back with problems.
2018-9-2
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-2 07:49
Your Avatar panel says you are located in South Africa.  Is there a DJI repair / service center there?

Can't imagine owning Mavic, RC, CrystalSky, and living in a country that did not have a repair / service center.  I am looking at sending everything back in for repair / service again; after getting everything back with problems.

Hi, yes, South Africa. We have a DJI service and repair shop in Cape Town. Not been open for so long, but at least there.
They could not fix my MA though, and send it in to DJI China. That is 10 weeks ago, still waiting for ANY news. (don,t know what is wrong, will they fix it, will they replace it, will they give me a brand new MP2, will they say they are soooo sorry for the inconveniece of selling a drone, that does not work properly...............and and and.)
Only saving grace, is the fact that they gave me a MA to use until they fix or whatever mine. Otherwise, the support is so bad. I can still not get a repair ticket number out of them, after many, many, many phone calls and emails.
At least i feel a bit better about the fact that i could not fly my own expensive drone, everytime i get someone here, NOT to buy one.
People often come up to me and ask about the drone, and i tell them the truth.......as easy as that.

2018-9-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

3 M2 fall out of sky cases already! just days after release, I was ready to place an order the of release and a buddy of mine told me to hold off for now and wait till all bugs are worked out.
2018-9-2
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Also on the fence to buy, but will hold off for now.
2018-9-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-9-2 08:08
Hi, yes, South Africa. We have a DJI service and repair shop in Cape Town. Not been open for so long, but at least there.
They could not fix my MA though, and send it in to DJI China. That is 10 weeks ago, still waiting for ANY news. (don,t know what is wrong, will they fix it, will they replace it, will they give me a brand new MP2, will they say they are soooo sorry for the inconveniece of selling a drone, that does not work properly...............and and and.)
Only saving grace, is the fact that they gave me a MA to use until they fix or whatever mine. Otherwise, the support is so bad. I can still not get a repair ticket number out of them, after many, many, many phone calls and emails.

Friend was asking me about buying a drone.  I advised him to save his money and save frustration.  Buy a cheap one, don't worry about updates, refreshes, rollbacks, etc.  A Fly and Forget drone!   
2018-9-2
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-2 08:28
Friend was asking me about buying a drone.  I advised him to save his money and save frustration.  Buy a cheap one, don't worry about updates, refreshes, rollbacks, etc.  A Fly and Forget drone!

I am glad to say, 3 persons already not buying, and counting.  One on the fence, (but i only have to take him out next weekend, and show him how the MA work, or not ) Might not mean anything to DJI, but man, i feel better by actually helping people to spend their money more wisely.

The truth will definitely save people some money. I am just so sorry no one told me whats, what before i bought into this hype of DJI drones is soooo good. No one told me that it will fly about once every fourth time, without problems.
No one told us that we will buy a brand new drone, and when it fails to work, DJI will try to replace it with a used drone.......man, that should be criminal, right there. That is like fraud, if you ask me.
Same for the goggles, same for the batteries. Buy new, we will give you old ones if yours don,t work.....
2018-9-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-9-2 08:23
3 M2 fall out of sky cases already! just days after release, I was ready to place an order the of release and a buddy of mine told me to hold off for now and wait till all bugs are worked out.

So at least it’s a lot less than Mavic Pro , when it was released they were dropping out of the sky like snow flakes, it’s amazing how people forget and then turn around and buy the drone, I think if you look around this forum for the last 10 days or so you will find more Mavic Pro falling out of the sky.
It seems Mavic Pro falling out of the sky seems like it’s not a problem to Mavic Pro owners. Think too many people waiting in the long grass here.
2018-9-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-2 08:51
So at least it’s a lot less than Mavic Pro , when it was released they were dropping out of the sky like snow flakes, it’s amazing how people forget and then turn around and buy the drone, I think if you look around this forum for the last 10 days or so you will find more Mavic Pro falling out of the sky.
It seems Mavic Pro falling out of the sky seems like it’s not a problem to Mavic Pro owners. Think too many people waiting in the long grass here.

I'll wait till all the major bugs are worked out.

2018-9-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-9-2 08:39
I am glad to say, 3 persons already not buying, and counting.  One on the fence, (but i only have to take him out next weekend, and show him how the MA work, or not ) Might not mean anything to DJI, but man, i feel better by actually helping people to spend their money more wisely.

The truth will definitely save people some money. I am just so sorry no one told me whats, what before i bought into this hype of DJI drones is soooo good. No one told me that it will fly about once every fourth time, without problems.

Two big Issues to me is

1) Time wasted:  

• trying to fly for whatever purpose (fun, photos, exploring, ...); only to have flights interrupted.
  • updating, refreshing, rolling back; then test flying.
  • with support suggestions that appear to be Rubber-Stamped; then test flying.
  • with support suggestions doing what you have already done.  With failing to perform all suggestions resulting in nothing more.opening cases with requested information, then having to RE-provide requested information.
  • on open cases with support responses that don't even fit issue or run counter to issue.
  • on sending in for service: paperwork, packaging, ship to/from time, and in case of repair for CrystalSky - slow.   (Granted your times are way longer / slower.)
  • on return of, re-setting up Mavic Pro / CrystalSky, and prepping for yet another series of test flights.

2) DJI Corporate is utterly Disconnected from it's customers.
  • No acknowledgement of problems.
  • Leaving customers stuck with firmware that can't be rolled back.
  • Not actively resolving and priortizing resolution of known problems with Firmware, Apps, OS.
  • Failure to Recall faulty products.
2018-9-2
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-2 09:13
Two big Issues to me is

1) Time wasted:  

Yes, yes and a resounding yes.
I honestly don,t mind a technically advanced thing like a drone, to come without any problems, but i do want proper support if it does give me problems.
That canned replies is driving me up the wall, and it seems as if most people just ignore it anyway.

I also expect a product still under warranty, to be replaced if it gives problems, REPLACED WITH A NEW ONE, IN A ORIGINAL, PLASTIC PACKAGE, THE SAME WAY I BOUGHT MINE.
Also, i will never buy a DJI product from a retailer, that is not prepared to replace it again. Not send it back to DJI, not think about sending it back, not, open a ticket yoursef, but replace it, in the store i bought it from.

The MA is a new drone, less than a year old, and already NO support. No updates after months, no problem solving.

Man, i can rant the whole night.
2018-9-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-9-2 08:23

3 M2 fall out of sky cases already! just days after release

Come on dude!  

Three falling - out of tens of billions is nothing!
Besides the new rule is: Failure is not an Option, it is Expected and acceptable.

2018-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is always a reason NOT to buy a product.
But in general, I wait until the price has dropped and (most of) the bugs are gone.
2018-9-2
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-9-2 10:06
There is always a reason NOT to buy a product.
But in general, I wait until the price has dropped and (most of) the bugs are gone.

Excellent thinking.
There is always a reason not to buy, true, but for me, there is mostly a better reason to buy. I love to have gadgets and toys.
This time though, nope, will wait and wait......
2018-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Charissa Posted at 2018-9-2 10:48
Excellent thinking.
There is always a reason not to buy, true, but for me, there is mostly a better reason to buy. I love to have gadgets and toys.
This time though, nope, will wait and wait......

Hahahahahahahaha.
Same here. .
2018-9-2
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-2 06:11

Hi Wanda, do you mind listing all the problems that DJI acknowledges when you say “all the issues we are having right now “?
2018-9-2
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>

Loving my Mavic 2, vast improvement on the MP. I actually love firmware updates and Go4 updates. Any MP1 owner will know how far the MP1 evolved into a great drone, now I am on the journey with the MP2. Why wait, they never reduce significantly in price, but they also increase in FUN ! No regrets here.
2018-9-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-2 07:49

"Can't imagine owning Mavic, RC, CrystalSky, and living in a country that did not have a repair / service center. "

The U.K does not have an authorised service centre, all repairs under DJI warranty are done in Netherlands. My Mavic Pro had one trip there, out of the ten days it took to repair and return, eight were in transit. So European repair process seems fairly robust.
2018-9-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-2 16:19
"Can't imagine owning Mavic, RC, CrystalSky, and living in a country that did not have a repair / service center. "

The U.K does not have an authorised service centre, all repairs under DJI warranty are done in Netherlands. My Mavic Pro had one trip there, out of the ten days it took to repair and return, eight were in transit. So European repair process seems fairly robust.

Evidently better than South Africa's.  Lucky you.  Unlucky for Charissa.

I had to look.  U.K. is about 660 miles from middle of Netherlands?

Good days drive, and a few brewskies!

2018-9-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-2 16:34
Evidently better than South Africa's.  Lucky you.  Unlucky for Charissa.

I had to look.  U.K. is about 660 miles from middle of Netherlands?

My point was to highlight that good service is not necessarily dependant on country having a service centre as your post suggested.
2018-9-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-2 17:15
My point was to highlight that good service is not necessarily dependant on country having a service centre as your post suggested.

Oh me bad.  
I didn't specifically reference South Africa as ''the'' country when I was replying to Charissa about living and flying in South Africa.
So sorry.
2018-9-2
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

nywrecker Posted at 2018-9-2 11:58
Hi Wanda, do you mind listing all the problems that DJI acknowledges when you say “all the issues we are having right now “?

Hope you are not holding your breath till you get an answer on that one.......  ;-)

2018-9-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I concur, you'd think DJI would learn from prior iterations needing more time for firmware updates, the Mavic 2 is no different.
2018-9-2
Use props
solen 1
lvl.2
United States

I am happy someone understands. Can you imagine the volume of people with questions and defects. Parrott goes through this, autel. On a release (especially a popular product) djis resources are exhausted , then it will calm down a bit. Of course you are going to see problems on a dji help forum, this is literally where people post problems. If you want to wait, wait! Don't see the point of stirring the pot because you chose to wait. I am enjoying my mavic 2 before winter, dji gas been great to me so far.
2018-9-2
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I can see if you were duped into buying a air. The m2 supposedly flys farther than the m1.
2018-9-2
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>

I think with the number of users in the UK we deserve a service centre

2018-9-2
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-2 21:21
I can see if you were duped into buying a air. The m2 supposedly flys farther than the m1.

All DJI Drones fly way further than is legal so why get concerned about the flight distance
2018-9-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-2 20:48
Not to mention its a great bit of excitement to experience, explore, & play with the new tech!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/HN1rA8Iiue_2zm88E0jjYOoLQHzH-eEVqtzAkx6EJRy5F3Ec-lUxmwne3zjNbUg-1LwXswddT_T_fBoia8rXhniHSZA10CLCEHgbRfAxR_OTfocVAcM_XV-C_FHglFqLdeAb0swfuE5US4q9iPV-0O1R3ps4vUkFgt01-pdx61vIPxRGuq0TgGYfkKeGGPJxyHvQcknW-G7RzoE9cSEpKDYFmifRspI8mqYHNqqW3ItnXVcOts-lsOmLELVXHeH0-U3l_92hpoWMDHUmTG3PAa53m28jr7G8pE_cMuhSQIcvKxl7gnDq9QZd-HAdddGmepEsuiikjWU9gzrGvX2KHna27R0D3AyHEAVWQKreT_BetVbUYH3bzSw5Dcjka10y7tvrtmPb_oVXVSScrX0t-HKNK-FPDY6EvAhjf2skbX7FBTgDI_K67EM5N2W9jj8grMd-nmc7p0az6ZnreqDdqn7dfLV2wNx9lPcG-7nRWQE0Mqw62wsDve3aytsFGjiel6sJuyX8yQSur2hoFF_hI8tQFhDPPFNjQFQdxZ6oKZ5_FSAdcKW6S9OJmbCoHgKBbq_i6CahGMDhihbLN-CJIbaxfYKR-9XTyfHeGu6FGaubf17RF42Z6QpUQXwMsxvLB_lPYuXiu7YT6ZtPb3-PD-stK5Nr7bKhI0dwTacJRcAWYD0QWplvVidQ0Q=w1033-h581-no[/img]

Is it just me with my sick imagination? The second image seems either pornographic in nature or ... botanic? Like a classic frog dissection exercise ...
2018-9-4
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

I owned the Mavic Air, and I now own the zoom. I didn't sell my Air for the Zoom, but it happened to be announced a week or so after selling it, so instead of buying another drone that I wasn't sure about -- I knew DJI wasn't going to disappoint me, so now I have the Mavic 2.   I've flown quite a bit since getting it a week ago and it's been as good as my mavic Air, I don't see any major issues, and there are some improvements.  

1. The larger size seems to hold better in the wind -- mavic air did fine, but you could see it struggling as the wind just pushed it around.
2. Speed. Mavic Air only cruises at 18mph, the Mavic 2 30mph and the only time I've seen a prop is when I manually pan the camera.
3. Folding and unfolding - I don't have to unfold the whole thing to just get the battery out. The folding also seems better to me somehow... I know strange right? But even after seven months with the Air the folding seemed awkward.  Mavic 2 just feels more solid.
3. Battery life. With the Mavic Air It was getting over just a bit too soon -- I'd like about 5 more min, with the Mavic 2 I am usually done with the shot I wanted to take with plenty of battery left to goof around with.   For me, I like to keep my videos at about 2 minutes. Its really hard to keep someones attention longer than that. The Mavic 2 allows me to mess up and try again... you know when you've got an awesome shot and you botch and pan too fast or move the gimbal too fast. No worries, set up the shot again for take 2.
4. Point of interest doesn't require you to fly over the target.  This is great for when you want to orbit around a group of people at an outdoor event, just hightlight the target, set your speed and rotation and off you go.
5. Manual pan. You can pan the Mavic 2 camera side to side as well as up and down using your finger in the app. This works in Litchi too.  What is this good for? If you're flying waypoints, or mission in Litchi, or even on an RTH, you can manually pan the camera. Or another way is to use the RTH to fly it in a straight line back to you and pan the camera.  You could also be flying the drone LOS, and have someone else working the camera using the app.  

Why not just buy a Mavic? The Mavic 2 gives me the back sensors that the Mavic 1 is missing -- I didn't count the side ones and hopefully in the future the side avoidance will get better.   In the Point of Interest shot, oddly enough side sensors are off for that.  Disappointing but they're also not on for the Mavic Air or the Mavic.  The only other issue I've seen is the precision landing, that doesn't work but it's only off by a few feet and you can control the Mavic 2 in the descent so you can manually adjust it to hit the target -- I normally catch it anyway.

2018-9-4
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-4 07:47
All fly way further than is legal so why get concerned about the flight didtance

Isn't that what sets these drones apart? Otherwise you'd get a evo or anafi. The air was a confusing drone, it's a downgrade to lose occusync imo. I guess you could use litchie to make up for it
2018-9-4
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-4 19:52
Isn't that what sets these drones apart? Otherwise you'd get a evo or anafi. The air was a confusing drone, it's a downgrade to lose occusync imo. I guess you could use litchie to make up for it

I have flown my air way over 2000 m how much further do you want to fly it
2018-9-4
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-4 22:48
I have flown my air way over 2000 m how much further do you want to fly it

Yeah I guess depends on how you use it. If you ever filmed things way out before, you know the occusync is some alien tech right now. Especially in a city where there is lots of wifi, you have to have it.
2018-9-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I ALWAYS buy a new release three months after it's launch for this reason - except my Inspire 1 which was three years lol
2018-9-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules