2147 53 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

I prefer to wait until Mavic 2 will become better.
2018-9-5
Use props
djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

RichInGa Posted at 2018-9-4 16:20
I owned the Mavic Air, and I now own the zoom. I didn't sell my Air for the Zoom, but it happened to be announced a week or so after selling it, so instead of buying another drone that I wasn't sure about -- I knew DJI wasn't going to disappoint me, so now I have the Mavic 2.   I've flown quite a bit since getting it a week ago and it's been as good as my mavic Air, I don't see any major issues, and there are some improvements.  

1. The larger size seems to hold better in the wind -- mavic air did fine, but you could see it struggling as the wind just pushed it around.

How does the Zoom video quality compare with your MA? I love the quality of video I get with my MA, and the fact it's a smaller more portable drone is keeping my money in my pocket.
2018-9-5
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c Posted at 2018-9-5 08:47
How does the Zoom video quality compare with your MA? I love the quality of video I get with my MA, and the fact it's a smaller more portable drone is keeping my money in my pocket.

Camera seems about the same, but to me doing a zoom with the drone does look a better than doing the same thing in post.   When you get down to it, the MA is probably one of the best deals going in the drone industry.  You can buy a MA flymore combo, and an extra battery giving you a full hour of flight for the price of a Zoom which really only gives you 25 min.  I listed what I like about it above but I also like having more programmable buttons and display in the controller (Mavic Zoom has 7). So in flight I can hit a button to center my camera, another to adjust the EV up and down, another to switch between map, FPV...  Is it worth the $$$ -- well honestly if I hadn't sold my MA, I probably wouldn't have sold it for a Zoom.  I was going to go with the Evo, it arrived broken so I sent it back.  During the return Mavic 2 was launched so I just asked for my money back and went with the Zoom.

As for size... mavic case is a bit larger than the Mavic Air, but still very portable.
2018-9-5
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-4 22:48
I have flown my air way over 2000 m how much further do you want to fly it

I live in GA and there are a TON of trees. The only clear place I can fly is at a lake, otherwise there is a wall of trees in front of me.   So here I notice the signal is better with the Zoom, as the Air wouldn't disconnect, but you'd see the video lag and chop more than on the zoom.
2018-9-5
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

Im waiting for the Beta test to be over, and a price drop.
2018-9-5
Use props
MagicRide
Second Officer
United States

Hopefully they can fix that gimbal horizon tilt I've seen on youtube.
2018-9-5
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

I agree 100% with the reviews by @HedgeTrimmer and @Charissa

I waited 5 months to buy my Mavic Air and even then I was very disappointed with the instability of the product and a support that should choose its members for good education and ways of thanking patience. (are they hiring Apple staff?)

I'm scheduled to travel to the US in late September and intended to buy MP2 Pro but really the reports and constant firmware and software updates are giving me a cold water shower.

My fear is to have a new bird with new problems.

2018-9-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-4 19:52
Isn't that what sets these drones apart? Otherwise you'd get a evo or anafi. The air was a confusing drone, it's a downgrade to lose occusync imo. I guess you could use litchie to make up for it

occusync makes me laugh. It is just a name as is enhanced WiFi

All these drones use 2.4 or 5.8 ghz for both control and transmission of the image. This is a radio frequency and is the same for all and governed by law giving it a name is just to make one sound better than the other... Wise up people
2018-9-6
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-6 13:05

All these drones use 2.4 or 5.8 ghz for both control and transmission of the image. This is a radio frequency and is the same for all and governed by law giving it a name is just to make one sound better than the other... Wise up people

There is a lot more to it than just the frequency that it used.   It's how they do it that matters.
2018-9-6
Use props
fansccbe6a6c
lvl.1

Does anyone have a list showing what functionality has been removed from the Mavic 2 Zoom / Pro vs the Mavic Pro. I have been reading that things like precision landing, course lock, home lock, digital zoom are all gone. What else is missing?
2018-9-6
Use props
MagicRide
Second Officer
United States

fansccbe6a6c Posted at 2018-9-6 13:48
Does anyone have a list showing what functionality has been removed from the Mavic 2 Zoom / Pro vs the Mavic Pro. I have been reading that things like precision landing, course lock, home lock, digital zoom are all gone. What else is missing?

I've heard that precision landing will be added very soon, according to this reviewer on youtube. I think it's  safe to say we won't know how many changes will be made for 2 to 3 months. I'm going to wait awhile and see what happens.
2018-9-6
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-6 13:05

All these drones use 2.4 or 5.8 ghz for both control and transmission of the image. This is a radio frequency and is the same for all and governed by law giving it a name is just to make one sound better than the other... Wise up people

It looks like a metal box they mount on the back of the drone if you open it up. 5.8 doesn't reach as far but more bandwidth. I really couldn't say how they get the mavics to fly so far, minus the spark and air, but it works.
2018-9-6
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Flew P3's for our co, and then bought a Spark. Then bought a MP1 refurb in Feb this year for less cost than my Spark FMC in Nov 17. Figured the bugs were worked out of MP, and it was great, until the Go4 trashed using the MP for months.  I'm not a fan of companies that make fantastically cool products, but have a worthless bloated app.

I can wait out the MP2 as well. My hope is they dump the all encompassing app method and instead create a few for various consumer and pro level drones. They added the MP2 stuff, and now many flying Spark are getting black screens in our drone club here. iOS or Android, but seem better on newer Android devices with high memory. 6G and greater. Tested on the Mini4 and yeah the MP and MP2 were ok, but teh Spark would go black screen.

To me, this stuff is simply unacceptable. I am no fanboy of any product or mobile device. I use them all routinely for music profession as well as my videography. When apps are not working that costs me time and money. When I use an iPad Pro and it shuts down for thermal reasons, I have to have an Android Galaxy Tab S3 ready. Have not bought a CS myself though our co owner has one and it too is temperamental. That's a lot of money to spend on DJI gear and tablets etc only to have them not be 100%, GO4 app always in beta as it seems to be. Our vid part of the business has had more completed works with other mfg products. As much as I want to buy an Inspire 2 with a nice camera I have to be cautious as I know many experiencing app related fails. Can't have that on a site where clients are paying for your services.
2018-9-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 2018-9-2 12:10
Loving my Mavic 2, vast improvement on the MP. I actually love firmware updates and Go4 updates. Any MP1 owner will know how far the MP1 evolved into a great drone, now I am on the journey with the MP2. Why wait, they never reduce significantly in price, but they also increase in FUN ! No regrets here.

Your right get it now and enjoy, this whole thread smacks of jealousy, truth is both Mavic Air and Mavic Pro are great Aircraft and most users are quite happy with them , M2 is a big improvement on M1 and I see very few problems that are not to do with users getting used to them, it seems many users here with Mavic Air and Mavic Pro still haven’t worked out how to use them yet, so maybe it’s best they wait until they conquer that problem.
2018-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules