Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
To Use DJI Care Refresh or Not?
402 3 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_vAht94ClG9Uw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214354 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,
So I was flying under some trees in a wood the other day about head height, was just about to land then my return to home kicked in.  I didnt cancel it quick enough and it went up into the trees above, bashed itself around for a bit then came crashing down.  

It wasnt too hard of a landing.  Two props were broken, but it must have landed on one of the front arms as there are two issues with it:

1) The fold out landing leg is loose and moves
2) The motor on the same arm now feels looser when i manually move the prop around (it doesnt have those clicks the others have and just turns)

I replaced the broken props and did a test flight with no problems.  It feels exactly the same in the air as before.  

I have Care Refresh so could use one of my two claims.  Would you lot just keep flying and save the claim or should i send it in?  Part of me thinks well if it flys ok then keep useing it.  The other half is thinking it could fail midair when im over an area i cant retrieve it and then i wont be able to claim at all.  

Thanks,
James.
2018-9-1
Use props
Anthony566
First Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

You could send it in a pay for the repair if it's not an expensive one ...

Repairs for the UK are done in Holland and I have used this service twice over the past two years and it has been fantastic, both ocations only took 9 days for the drone to be back in my hands.
2018-9-2
Use props
djiuser_vAht94ClG9Uw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214354 ft
United Kingdom

I didn't think of just paying for the repair rather than claiming.  

Do you know if I am able to have the option after they have assessed it?  So could I send it in, they tell me now much the repair would be, then I get the option to either pay for it or use one of my two claims on the Care and Refresh cover?

Thanks,
James.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We highly suggest to send it to our repair facility to have a checkup. It's better for us to be sure that your aircraft is doing fine. You will have an option to either use the DJI Care refresh, pay the repair or send back the drone without doing anything once we received the aircraft and our engineers already done checking it.
2018-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules