Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ActiveTrack - Wave Mode ;)
569 3 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6693bd45
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39488 ft

Yesterday i made a testride with my new 3D printed bicycle handlebar mount for the RC/ipad. ( https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3078770 )

During this testride i used the ActiveTrack Mode of the Mavic Pro (FW. 1.04.0300). In the video i saw an interessting effect of drone/camera movement.
Called it by myself #activetrack_wave_mode

I tried a lot of things to reproduced this effect again in ActiveTrack mode, but nothing works.

Maybe it happend because the drone sensors registered the lower standing sun and the the calculation of the distance to the moving object get wrong?

But if this was a random effect - it was a very interessting effect. DJI should put it on their ToDo List for upcoming firmware versions

2018-9-2
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice video lovely place to fly thank for sharing
2018-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, it looks nice!
2018-9-2
Use props
FntX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158734 ft
Germany

That really is an interesting effect indeed!
It seems like the drone bounces back and forth because it can't figure out the speed at wich the object (you) is moving, moves towards you and then realizes it's too close and backs off. It might be the combination of the position of the sun combined with the tall grass at the side of the road.
2018-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules