50% of filmed clips not saved to SD card
506 7 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bertillundin
lvl.1
Sweden

Hello!
Today I've been out filming with my Osmo+. I recorded aprox 100 video clips where the first 50% were saved on the SD card and the remaining 50% not.
I could see the missing clips in the app on my iPhone but they were not saved om the SD card in the Osmo+. The clips in the app are of less good quality compared with original clips on the card.
There shouild be enought memory on the card to save all the clips. It´s a 64 GB SanDisk Extreme.
I didn´t get any warning in the app that clips were not saved. I discovered that half of the recorded material was missing when transferring the clips to the computer at home.
What could have happened? I don´t want this to happen again.
// Bertil.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to reformat the SD card?
2018-9-3
Use props
bertillundin
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-3 01:23
Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to reformat the SD card?

Thanks for your answer!
I haven´t tried to reformat the SD card but I will do that and see what happens next time I use the camera. It will probably be on Wednesday when I will try to record the missing clips again. All depending on if the weather is like it was yesterday.
I will let you now the outcome.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

bertillundin@ba Posted at 2018-9-3 02:02
Thanks for your answer!
I haven´t tried to reformat the SD card but I will do that and see what happens next time I use the camera. It will probably be on Wednesday when I will try to record the missing clips again. All depending on if the weather is like it was yesterday.
I will let you now the outcome.

Alright. Thank you for your understanding. Please let us know what will happen.
2018-9-3
Use props
bertillundin
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-3 02:19
Alright. Thank you for your understanding. Please let us know what will happen.

Hello!
I recorded 3 new clips today without reformatting the SD card and they were succesfully saved on the card. I had deleted all the previously recorded clips from yesterday before filming these 3 new clips.
Then I reformatted the card and recorded 1 more clip which was saved on the card.
As soon as I have been filming a larger number of clips I will let you now the progress.
Thanks!
// Bertil.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

bertillundin@ba Posted at 2018-9-3 10:24
Hello!
I recorded 3 new clips today without reformatting the SD card and they were succesfully saved on the card. I had deleted all the previously recorded clips from yesterday before filming these 3 new clips.
Then I reformatted the card and recorded 1 more clip which was saved on the card.

Alright. That's good to know. Also, please check the sizes of each clips you recorded if it will make the card full.
2018-9-4
Use props
bertillundin
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-4 00:45
Alright. That's good to know. Also, please check the sizes of each clips you recorded if it will make the card full.

Hello!
53 clips (4,37 GB) were saved on the SD card (Capacity 64 GB) Sunday when the other 50% were not saved.
After reformatting the card yesterday I have today been out filming again.
Today I have recorded 74 clips (7,04 GB) and they were all succesfully saved on the card.
Luckily this time the location is only 25 minutes drive from home which made it possible to re-film.
If it had happened on our Thailand vacation in March it would have been another story...
Let´s hope this was just an occasional malfunction.
If you want to see my films check out https://www.youtube.com/c/BertilLundinBL .
Thanks!
// Bertil.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

bertillundin@ba Posted at 2018-9-4 08:50
Hello!
53 clips (4,37 GB) were saved on the SD card (Capacity 64 GB) Sunday when the other 50% were not saved.
After reformatting the card yesterday I have today been out filming again.

Thank you for updating us. Good thing it sorted out. Please let us know if you still need more help.
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules