1526 18 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Weapon Analyst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530614 ft
United States

Greetings all,

I am using the M2P and an iPhone X.  I was testing various video and photo functions just recently.  Whilst switching from the Hyperlapse function back to Normal the visable screen size as it relates ONLY to the camera resized on the left and right sides.  In short the video has black bars on left and right.  Important to note: This does not change the UI icons and buttons.  They are properly sized on the iPhone X screen.  ONLY the camera video reports oddly.  

After rebooting all components, I have tried cycling through various functions to get things back to normal.  When cycling from Hyperlapse back to Normal it made the screen even smaller.  So then twice the black bars on the left and right.  Fortunatley I was able to get back to a middle ground of the first itteration of black bars left and right.  Not yet back to the full screen of the iPhone X.

Unless I am imagining this and the black bars have been there the whole time, this is certainly a bug.  I have seen screen shots and recordings that prove my theory.  

Please help me find a workaround.  I have not uninstalled and reinstalled the iPhone app yet.

This bug is certainly worthy of remediation.

- Weapon Analyst
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding that can you provide the screenshot and the recordings for better visualization as well? Thanks!
2018-9-2
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.2
United States

Here is a quick and humorous photo.  I held the M2P in my hand and screen shot on the iPhone.  No need to labor over uploading a video.  This shows the exact issue I have written about in my original post.

small_DJI_iPhoneX_IMG_0734.jpg
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Weapon Analyst Posted at 2018-9-2 17:54
Here is a quick and humorous photo.  I held the M2P in my hand and screen shot on the iPhone.  No need to labor over uploading a video.  This shows the exact issue I have written about in my original post.

[view_image]

Hi, Sorry for the late reply. May I know if the issue will occur upon using the app, or upon using a specific feature of the DJI GO 4 app? Do we have an option to use a different device to isolate the issue? Please provide your iOS and DJI GO 4 app version. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-3
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

that's not how granny supposed to be scaled!
2018-9-3
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.2
United States

The latest version for iOS - DJI GO 4.3.
iOS - 11.4.1

2018-9-4
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.2
United States

Can we please get this software flaw addressed?  I am sure it is problematic for everyone using an iPhone X across the environment of users.  
2018-9-4
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.2
United States

It appears that the video stream is using API from previous iPhone screen sizes.  Either this should be resolved without user intervention or allow a gesture to stretch the screen like Amazon or Netflix.
2018-9-5
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.2
United States

Keep the thread alive.  It will be addressed eventually.  
2018-9-5
Use props
DannyHa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259 ft

Dear All,

Please advise where to download GO 4 App?  What is Go 5 App?
2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

DannyHa Posted at 2018-9-5 12:51
Dear All,

Please advise where to download GO 4 App?  What is Go 5 App?

iOS - App Store
Android - play market

Fly safe all.
Alex
2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

DJI go 5 doesn’t exist, yet
2018-9-5
Use props
DannyHa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259 ft

Thanks to all our Dji friends here.
2018-9-6
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.2
United States

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-6 13:54
If I'm not mistaken, the lead developer of the DJI GO app is Arnaud Thiercelin.  His email is:    Maybe those frustrated should reach out to him about this issue and send him a screenshot of the problem?

If it comes to that.  They just recently realesed another App.  The issue was not addressed.  If it is not incorporated in the development cycle this iteration then I will start to get annoyed and reach out to the developer.  I work in Cyber Security, we reach out to devs constantly.  It will usually get put on their CanBan board and wait for priority.  Right now, it doesn’t look like enough people are complaining.  So if you read this and you have this problem, please speak up.
2018-9-6
Use props
e1darie1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1843084 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

iPhone XS and still black bars on both sides! Come on DJI please fix the app.
2019-3-19
Use props
Fre Mo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

I also have these black bars on the side on iphone XR, but not sure it is a bug. Isn’t it iphone X optimisation for go 4 app?
2019-3-19
Use props
Fre Mo
lvl.4
France

Be aware that DJI doesn’t recommend iphone xr and xs due to possible reliability issues with aircraft and app
2019-3-19
Use props
e1darie1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1843084 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Fre Mo Posted at 3-19 13:22
Be aware that DJI doesn’t recommend iphone xr and xs due to possible reliability issues with aircraft and app

can you share a link where  douse it said
2019-3-20
Use props
Fre Mo
lvl.4
France

e1darie1 Posted at 3-20 10:02
can you share a link where  douse it said

Yes read this topic https://forum.dji.com/thread-184197-1-4.html

Here is the answer of dji:
Thank you for reaching out.  I hope you'll get the best information here from our valued DJI Members and Customers who uses the iphone XR and the iphone XS.  Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend the recommend mobile device for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro for compatibility and reliability purposes on both the AC and with the DJI go 4 application. I will be posting the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. If you have any othe inquiries or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.

2019-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules