mavic 2 gimbal faulty
1251 10 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wagner34
New
United States

Ordered the mavic 2 when it was released, updated firmware on both contorller and drone. turn on drone and get "gimbal overload" its like the gimbal gets stuck on the far left or right of the process to stabilize when turining on.

anyone else have this problem?
wont calibrate or reset, cant control it from phone or controller either.
2018-9-2
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Return it
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding with that If the gimbal really won't work. Unfortunately what I can only suggest to that is set it into the facility for further checking and have a replacement unit. You can just go to https://www.dji.com/support then select one the support channel.
2018-9-2
Use props
wagner34
New
United States

terrible timing, was going to use this drone for my vacation in japan on Tuesday.
2018-9-2
Use props
cap7ainclu7ch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41683 ft
United States

I have the same problem.  Did you fly yours in wind?  
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

cap7ainclu7ch Posted at 2018-9-2 22:22
I have the same problem.  Did you fly yours in wind?

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. May I know if you're getting any error on the DJI GO 4 app? Please do not fly your aircraft in a hazardous environment to avoid an incident. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-3
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

DJI needs to secure these Gimbals better because I think they are getting scratched and damaged during shipping, they should just put a piece of foam behind the Gimbal and make the cover out of hard rubber and not hard plastic.
2018-9-3
Use props
cap7ainclu7ch
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-3 15:46
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. May I know if you're getting any error on the DJI GO 4 app? Please do not fly your aircraft in a hazardous environment to avoid an incident. Thank you for the support.

I have the overloaded gimbal message that won't go away.
2018-9-4
Use props
fans3846f445
lvl.1
United States

Received my M2Pro yesterday.  Unpacked per directions including gimbal clamp, charged batteries, and updated firmware. Took it for short, uneventful flight but noticed video titled and gimbal unresponsive, and tilted with overload error and restarting.  Went through all troubleshooting measure with not luck realigning gimbal would stall at 10%.  Frustrating....    RMA'd it today for a replacement.  
2018-9-5
Use props
cap7ainclu7ch
lvl.2
United States

It's crazy to see that so many people are having the same gimbal overload problem on the M2P, I really hope we get an official response from DJI soon.  I'd recommend a full return until its all sorted, as constantly dealing with DJI CS sounds like a nightmare.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

cap7ainclu7ch Posted at 2018-9-4 15:12
I have the overloaded gimbal message that won't go away.

Hi, Sorry for the late response. I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. It's recommended as well to re-calibrate the IMU, compass, and gimbal of your drone upon using the Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes, however, if the error message would be the same result. Please contact our support for further help.

www.dji.com/support
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules