GO 4 app for Androïd closes while Mavic 2 is in Active Track mode
748 5 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrosLunch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23130 ft
Canada

Latest DJI GO 4 app for Androïd stops/quits while Mavic 2 Pro is in flight in Active Track mode

I was flying the Mavic 2 on its maiden voyage, tracking a friend when the DJI Go 4 app simply closed.
I opened the list of recently used apps and opened the GO 4 app again.  It went through the usual start-up screens, but after clicking "GO FLY",  I was right back in Active Track mode and my video was still recording.  However, the HD 1080 video transmission to the phone was lost between  the Go 4 app closure and reopening. Once the Go 4 app was opened again,  the video transmission started again and was saved to my phone. I was filming in 4K and  the 4K video was not interrupted during the app closure.

Could this problem have been caused by the HD video streaming to the  phone? Would Active Track have anything to do with it? I really don't  think it was a loose connection with the cable to the phone, but that  would have only severed the video feed. The Go 4 app would not have  stopped because of a loose cable.

Another anomaly occurred in the Flight Record, which showed the  flight path covering only a few feet and not even being connected to the  Home point.

I would appreciate it if DJI could try to determine what has caused  these errors, and if they're related to DJI hardware or software, then  provide an appropriate fix.
I will provide whatever information I can.
Thanks.

Please check the screen recording video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rZmEMzSdUUeK4YARuf-KhG3nw7dbu8g9/view?usp=sharing

2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to reinstall the app? May I know what model of mobile device are you using?
2018-9-3
Use props
GrosLunch
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-3 05:31
Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to reinstall the app? May I know what model of mobile device are you using?

My phone is Samsung Galaxy S6.
I will reinstall the Go 4 app and continue with the "beta testing" of the Mavic 2 drone VERY CAUTIOUSLY.
2018-9-3
Use props
GrosLunch
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-3 05:31

Do you have any comments on the Flight Record's flight path being in miniature (not to scale) and shifted away several feet from the Home point?
2018-9-3
Use props
GrosLunch
lvl.1
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-3 06:01
My app (latest Android, flying M2P) has crashed a couple of times.  I wasn't in Active Track...just manual flight.  This may have been caused by me moving the USB connector where it fits into the phone as this connection on my setup with the top USB port & short cable (Note 4) is very precarious.  I have to push the connector in really hard to get it to make good contact.  Next time out I am doing as I do with my Mavic Pro birds & connecting with the bottom USB port & a 1' USB cable that fits securely.  When the app crashed I was able to restart it & reconnect with the bird immediately.

There were a couple of times with my Mavic Pro where the cable connection to the phone was lost while in flight. The Go 4 app continued to run, but I had a message "Disconnected" from the drone. The image on screen was a black & white still of the last frame that the camera took. I still had a connection between the RC and the drone, so I was able to make the drone return to Home and land without a problem. In those two incidents, I was not able to get the phone cable to reconnect while the drone was in flight.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that cable disconnection should not cause the Go 4 app to crash.
2018-9-3
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 231604 ft
United States

GrosLunch Posted at 2018-9-3 08:45
There were a couple of times with my Mavic Pro where the cable connection to the phone was lost while in flight. The Go 4 app continued to run, but I had a message "Disconnected" from the drone. The image on screen was a black & white still of the last frame that the camera took. I still had a connection between the RC and the drone, so I was able to make the drone return to Home and land without a problem. In those two incidents, I was not able to get the phone cable to reconnect while the drone was in flight.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that cable disconnection should not cause the Go 4 app to crash.

I had the same problem on my Samsung 7Edge. DJI Stephen suggested using the bottom USB port on the bottom of the controller using my phone charger cable. That seems to have helped me.I have flown about six hours since then without any more issues like that
2018-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules