3571 18 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

Dear all,

I own a beutiful mavic air and I love it. I have it set in fcc but sometimes I don't have smooth signal quality and good video link: it freeze, become sluggish and so on.

So I am evaluating 4hawks raport sr antenna not for range as I'm not interested in it, but having good video with no pixelation that doesn't slow down.

Anyone with real experience on this? I saw tons of videos on youtube but not sure if they are influencer or not.

Thanks a lot.

2018-9-2
Use props
Mark_One
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112123 ft
South Africa

If you're not flying with any interference. Have you tried using different devices/using different cables?  Had similar experience when I first started out, switched to iphone never had an issue since.
2018-9-3
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Italy

I'm using a 10cm usb to lighting cable that I used with my mavic pro before and my iphone 7 plus (that I have used with my mavic pro before).

Do you think I have to change my cable? I don't think it's the cable. It's the wifi signal not at it's best.
2018-9-3
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

@BobBrown has the smaller one. He's the only one i know of here.
2018-9-3
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Italy

Thank you very much @rolling56. Waiting for him .

I'm also looking the Alientech but they're out of budget. Mostly because if I change my drone one day I loose all the money spent.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do not recommend to use a third-party accessories for drones since it will void the warranty once it has been damaged.
2018-9-3
Use props
devilsBastard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254370 ft
Germany

Okay, outing myself ;) I have done it and mount a Raptor SR by 4hawks. I have made the decission by several transmision interruptions in short distances 20 - 40 meters (one with a nearby chrash). I decided to mount the 4hawks antennas to get better stability and safety - I see a risk damaging my drone or maybe other persons by loosing connection. Safety is much more worth than the warranty for a controller.

Mounting the antennas is not so difficult, only de-mount the original antennas is tricky. There is a high risk of damaging the antennas. Take your time, watch the video and it will work.

Pratice test last week on a golf range with high trees and powerlines 200 Meters away. the farest range to fly was 580 Meters in 5.8 GHz (automatic) and none connection breaks. Instant reactions of to bird to the controls, I had to fly between some trees. Fast video-signal with only a small lag beyond 500 Meters.

Pro: stabel signal connection, fast video transmission.
Cons: the portability decreases. You can demount the Raptor SR for transport, but it needs some minutes to re-install it. I use a single case in my backpack for the remote with antenna.
For me, it is worth the price, because I have a stable and safe connection to my bird now. I decreased the risk for lost and damage with it.
2018-9-3
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-3 04:38
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do not recommend to use a third-party accessories for drones since it will void the warranty once it has been damaged.

Hi. I don't have warranty anymore on mine. Thanks a lot.

Also you have to do an air with ocusync because it's almost unusable in a numbers of situations but I have paid for it as working.
2018-9-3
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Italy

devilsBastard Posted at 2018-9-3 05:58
Okay, outing myself ;) I have done it and mount a Raptor SR by 4hawks. I have made the decission by several transmision interruptions in short distances 20 - 40 meters (one with a nearby chrash). I decided to mount the 4hawks antennas to get better stability and safety - I see a risk damaging my drone or maybe other persons by loosing connection. Safety is much more worth than the warranty for a controller.

Mounting the antennas is not so difficult, only de-mount the original antennas is tricky. There is a high risk of damaging the antennas. Take your time, watch the video and it will work.

Thank you very much for your report.

2018-9-3
Use props
devilsBastard
lvl.4

CC8877 Posted at 2018-9-3 07:32
Thank you very much for your report.

No problem. If you have detailed questions, please ask. I can recommend the Raptor SR, makes work/flying more reliable.
2018-9-3
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just flew from my backyard in this highly WiFi congested city and can never fly this far without 4hawks Raptor SR. Highly recommended.
Screenshot_20180903-124404.jpg
2018-9-3
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Italy

devilsBastard Posted at 2018-9-3 07:56
No problem. If you have detailed questions, please ask. I can recommend the Raptor SR, makes work/flying more reliable.

If I may ask. Where did you bought it? I’m also in Europe but it’s not simple to find one. Also did you opened the rc by yourself? How do you judge the work involved?

Thanks a lot.
2018-9-3
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

You can order the 4hawks antenna directly from the official web page.
They do international delivery.
I’m thinking of getting one for my spark but today I did 2300 meters on it on stock, just with the plastic parabolic extender.
So in the end it might be not necessary for spark because of the battery limitations.
I was at 2300 and the drone almost told me RTH only enough battery.

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-9-3
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

But if I had mavic air or Mavic Pro, then I would definitely get the 4hawks antenna!
It’s amazing.
2018-9-3
Use props
devilsBastard
lvl.4

CC8877 Posted at 2018-9-3 10:09
If I may ask. Where did you bought it? I’m also in Europe but it’s not simple to find one. Also did you opened the rc by yourself? How do you judge the work involved?

Thanks a lot.

I have purchased it over their shop, 4hawks is located in Poland.
And yes, I have installed the antenna on my own. Watched the videos first and gone step by step through it. Helped to take pictures of each step.
2018-9-3
Use props
devilsBastard
lvl.4

CC8877 Posted at 2018-9-3 10:09

Thanks a lot.

I needed half an hour. Be aware to place the antenna cables carefully beside the battery during reassembling.
I recommend high quality tools! You will make it.
2018-9-3
Use props
verizon28
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1444190 ft
United States

I have both the Raptor SR and XR. Both panels are absolutely awesome for my Mavic Air. I never really had an issue with range...the Air can fly long. I’m more concerned with a solid video feed in WiFi congested areas. That’s where the Raptor works best for me. I can fly out to 6000 feet without issue, work all of my controls, and see everything on my screen. Install wasn’t too bad at all since the Air controller is well designed. Takes about one hour. The hardest part is pushing the tiny antenna connectors onto the board inside the controller. Taking your time, it can be done without damaging the cable.
2018-9-3
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 574977 ft

I have one too, it really helped smooth out my image transmission and the extra range was very nice. It is bulky though and doesn't store well, I made mine fit in my case with some trimming. Best investment I've made so far!
2018-9-3
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Italy

Thanks a lot for your help.

Note I'm not really interested in long range, but video feed because my 'work' (I'm an hobbyist) rely more on video feedback than range.

If I can have 600mt and smooth video in congested area would be very very happy.

2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules