Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
gimbal motor load too large
52448 38 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc1b0b47a
New
Flight distance : 39426 ft
Romania

hi, I receive the following message on the remote: gimbal motor load too large. Do you know if it's a calibrations issue or a damaged component? On an visual inspection, I see no broken or loose part and the gimbal cover is off. Thank you for your help
2018-9-3
Use props
fans76a0ed08
New

United States

I am getting the same error
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what specific drone do you have? What happened to your drone prior to this issue? Did you manage to calibrate? Usually, you will encounter this error in any case that the drone experiences an incident such as hard landing or crashed that affect the gimbal. Please let us know for further help.  
2018-9-5
Use props
Alberto Beretta
New

Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-5 12:43
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what specific drone do you have? What happened to your drone prior to this issue? Did you manage to calibrate? Usually, you will encounter this error in any case that the drone experiences an incident such as hard landing or crashed that affect the gimbal. Please let us know for further help.

I've a Mavic Pro and i've the same problem after a low crash. What can i do?
2018-9-6
Use props
Pedro Mendonça
New
Flight distance : 224524 ft
Angola

Alberto Beretta Posted at 2018-9-6 05:15

Hi

Did you Silves the problem?
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Alberto Beretta Posted at 2018-9-6 05:15

Hi, Sorry on what happened to your aircraft. I would like to clarify if this error message occurs after the incident? Did you manage to calibrate the gimbal of your drone? If yes, I would recommend sending the unit back to our facility for further evaluation. Please see the link below for you to contact our team. Thank you for the support.

www.dji.com/support
2018-9-9
Use props
fans76a0ed08
New

United States

This is been happening often on since day one  i’ve been in contact with dji I was told to reset and re-download and it hasn’t happened in a while but now it’s happening again
2018-9-10
Use props
fans76a0ed08
New

United States

I have the Mavic Pro.  And the problem is very intermittent  One day it flies fine some days it does not
2018-9-11
Use props
fans209c88bc
New

United States

Same error here.  Brand new, gimbal cover off, flew for about 30 seconds and get this error after landing.  Calibration gets stuck on 10% and can't get past that.
2018-9-15
Use props
Dan Gross
New

United States

I too have this same problem times two. I actually got my first one right after they came out and for some reason it always looks right when flying. If you fly fast it glitches and the gimbal gets spastic. This one has never been crashed. I just thought well its fresh off the press so i will give it time with firmware updates and bug fixes. So i got another one and well its as prescribed. Small height (6 feet) collision with a leaf to the ground (grass was 12 inches tall ..aka fluffy landing after the motors shut down ) and now I have the gimble overload error and it sits there and looks up and down.. and the up and down. Calibration fails at 5 percent and asks the same thing.. do you have the gimbal guard off.. I kinda had the opinion that it was a very fragile thing hanging off the front of a high dollar drone much like a very sensitive male appendage but i again fell for getting a new one.  Do i need to new gimbals or is it common practice for the consumer to mail them back in to pay half the cost of the device to repair? Please let us know.
I am an owner of 2 mavic pros , The DJI Goggles rc edition and a Phantom 3 standard.

Dan
2018-9-16
Use props
fansc1b0b47a
New
Romania

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-5 12:43

dji mavic pro platinum
2018-9-22
Use props
fans7b2037d1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 312723 ft
United States

I have been getting that error message from day one with my mavic pro , never hit anything and know hard landings
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for your response. Did the drone experience any collision? If not, I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes. Kindly re-calibrate the gimbal after using the application on your computer. Please see the link below for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-pro-platinum/info#downloads
2018-9-23
Use props
fansc1b0b47a
New
Romania

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-9 14:30
Hi, Sorry on what happened to your aircraft. I would like to clarify if this error message occurs after the incident? Did you manage to calibrate the gimbal of your drone? If yes, I would recommend sending the unit back to our facility for further evaluation. Please see the link below for you to contact our team. Thank you for the support.

www.dji.com/support

Hi, I tried to calibrate the drone having the remote controller connected to the drone, and the calibration for the gimbal has stopped at 5%. So I downloaded the application, you mentioned. I connected the DJI device to the pc with windows operating system, through a USB cable and the DJI drone appears only as an external USB hard drive
I tried 3 different USB cables, and nothing different happened
2018-9-24
Use props
Saint42
New

Brazil

I am still having this problem. My message is "Gimbal Motor Load Too Large". I don't even know if this is the same as "Gimbal Motor overload" that people are talking about online. Has anyone found a fix for this. I bought the Mavic Pro before moving to Brazil so I am a little limited on where I can take it and the parts I can buy for it.
2018-10-7
Use props
Saint42
New

Brazil

I am still having this problem. My message is "Gimbal Motor Load Too Large". I don't even know if this is the same as "Gimbal Motor overload" that people are talking about online. Has anyone found a fix for this. I bought the Mavic Pro before moving to Brazil so I am a little limited on where I can take it and the parts I can buy for it.
2018-10-7
Use props
AdamBToronto
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue in Toronto, Canada. My drone had a small crash on landing(about 2 feet). No physical damage but now the gimbal is giving this error. Any suggestions? I'm concerned I've wrecked a $2000 drone.
2018-11-17
Use props
fansc04dcf55
New

Spain

I have just received my mavic 2 and I have the same problem what should I do?
2018-12-10
Use props
fansc04dcf55
New

Spain

I have just puechased a new Navic zoom that I received last 5th of december but I just unpacked it yesterday and it gives me the same message. No accident occuree with me
2018-12-10
Use props
HedsIc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

Is it just me or does it feel like the same person is posting the same issue pretending to be different people on different, brand new, throw away accounts?
2018-12-10
Use props
fansc1b0b47a
New
Romania

Hi, i have sent the drone to service and they replaced it.
2018-12-11
Use props
Kostia
lvl.1
United States

fansc1b0b47a Posted at 2018-12-11 02:45
Hi, i have sent the drone to service and they replaced it.

How much did you pay?
2019-1-4
Use props
JustSkyrimm
New
United States

There is a sticker on the back side of the gimbal from packaging, remove that and the camera is able to rotate freely. Error should go away.  
2019-7-25
Use props
Shepherd Heap
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, I am having the same issue... no collision or crash - have tried calibrating the gimbal and that failed.

Any pointers?

2019-8-22
Use props
fans576d3f23
New

Hi,
I am having a similar issue with my Mavic Pro. (Normal Mavic Pro, no Platinum)
When powering up the gimbal is not able to perform its check, and then the gimbal is starting vibrating as hell.
I get the following error messages:
- gimbal obstructed, check if clamp is removed
- gimbal vibrations
- gimbal overload

I had no crash with the drone. I was able to perform the check one time and there I also performed a successful gimbal calibration. After that one time it stopped working again. I also tried calibrating the IMU and the compass - both successful. Now the gimbal calibration stops at 5%.

Fimware is updated. I have no clue what is going on with my drone as there was no crash and the drone was performing perfectly fine before.

I am a bit frustrated, because I am currently on a trip across Europe and I hoped to be able to get nice aerial shots :-(

I would be greatful for any help/ideas.

Cheers!
2019-9-4
Use props
djiuser_v4gGQ0MvO8oZ
lvl.1

United States

Same thing is happening to me. Have not crashed my drone. I'm thinking on giving up on DJI. They have the best drones but the issues with it makes me feel like getting out the hobby and recommending to others not to bother. Very disappointing. I love my drones.
2019-12-8
Use props
fans66e851d7
New

United States

Having same problems as every one else. Mine has always worked perfectly for the last 2 years and all of sudden I am experiencing the same gimble issues. What should I do ????
2020-2-2
Use props
fans66e851d7
New

United States

Having same problems as every one else. Mine has always worked perfectly for the last 2 years and all of sudden I am experiencing the same gimble issues. What should I do ????
2020-2-2
Use props
fans66e851d7
New

United States

2020-2-2
Use props
djiuser_5e6i6mDbswU7
New

United States

I am receiving the this message with my Mavic pro platinum. I just got it today and haven’t crashed it or anything. These messages came up right away and the video and pictures have blurry lines. I’m not sure how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
2020-3-25
Use props
djiuser_5e6i6mDbswU7
New

United States

I am receiving the this message with my Mavic pro platinum. I just got it today and haven’t crashed it or anything. These messages came up right away and the video and pictures have blurry lines. I’m not sure how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
2020-3-25
Use props
SHEKI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132753 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-23 12:29
Hi, Thanks for your response. Did the drone experience any collision? If not, I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes. Kindly re-calibrate the gimbal after using the application on your computer. Please see the link below for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-pro-platinum/info#downloads

Thank you, this solved my problem with the same issue for my Mavic Pro.
2020-6-28
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Captain
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder what the age of these drones are?  Is this something due to age, or is this something with firmware?
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_OK4fukhKjGf3
New

United Arab Emirates

Very good day. I have the same problem with the same indication.The drone is in excellent condition, never crash. I take it out and get it for a flight and as soon as I switch it on I had this problem. Any idea how to fix it?
2020-8-16
Use props
scorreae
New

Chile

djiuser_OK4fukhKjGf3 Posted at 8-16 08:03
Very good day. I have the same problem with the same indication.The drone is in excellent condition, never crash. I take it out and get it for a flight and as soon as I switch it on I had this problem. Any idea how to fix it?
[view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

Hi, I had the same problem.
I follow this steps. https://3dinsider.com/dji-mavic-gimbal-overload/

Next, if that doesn't help, you need to open and change one of the cables...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wW25294Ang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPjaG15VGmE

In my case, I open the Mavic but I didn't had the new cable. So I connect again all the connectors if the problem was that some of them was bad connected. And after that the problem was solved.
So, if you don't have the skills to change the cable, before of send it to service, try this method. Maybe that could work for you.
2020-8-17
Use props
Williamalt2005
New
United States

scorreae Posted at 8-17 06:42
Hi, I had the same problem.
I follow this steps. https://3dinsider.com/dji-mavic-gimbal-overload/

i am having the same problem. "Gimbal over load"
i went to my local DJI in Wynwood, Miami Florida and the employee there told me that the problem is the Flat Cable Gimbal that went bad. He also admitted that these problems come across after the drone is 2.5 years old. I guess DJI wants to make sure we continue to buy more drones from them instead of making good quality parts.
2020-10-14
Use props
crash1sttime
First Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

The error is usually down to the flat ribbon cable, ive had to replace mine twice in 3 years, the issue can occur without any cause, the chap who repairs mine says that the ribbon cables break down with age.
2020-10-16
Use props
djiuser_S4xqdd1y54aO
New

Nigeria

Mine is showing same.. I flew d drone and was about taking off a second time was kept showing gimbal load too large what’s can be d solution ?? I have no broken parts or neither did it crash
2021-12-11
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

djiuser_S4xqdd1y54aO Posted at 12-11 05:04
Mine is showing same.. I flew d drone and was about taking off a second time was kept showing gimbal load too large what’s can be d solution ?? I have no broken parts or neither did it crash

On what ground was your bird standing during power on?
2021-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules