Retrieve pics from flight while videoing
734 4 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft
United States

So does anyone know how to retrieve the pics I took while flying around in video mode.. I took 12 pics while taking a video but only can find the 4 I took in camera mode.
2018-9-3
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>

Photos (frame grabs) taken while recording video should be in the same DCIM directory on the microUSB card that was in your Phantom 4/4 Pro camera as the video files and full-res photos taken in photo mode.

Note: To capture an HD-resolution frame-grab photo while recording up to 4K video, you can tap the solid white dot above the red video circle on the right-side of the DJI GO 4 app. While the photo is being captured, the white dot turns gray and a circular arrow appears around the circumference of the white dot for a couple seconds to let you know the image is being captured.  You cannot capture another photo until the solid white dot reappears.  Did you witness all that while you were capturing your 14 frame grab photos?  

I captured over 100 stills in this manner while simultaneously recording 4K/60fps video of a 5K run this morning on my Phantom 4 Pro.

2018-9-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The software only grabs a frame from the video and does not take a full size still.
You can do the same in your computer while playing the video.
2018-9-3
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

TheMann58 Posted at 2018-9-3 10:43
Photos (frame grabs) taken while recording video should be in the same DCIM directory on the microUSB card that was in your Phantom 4/4 Pro camera as the video files and full-res photos taken in photo mode.

Note: To capture an HD-resolution frame-grab photo while recording up to 4K video, you can tap the solid white dot above the red video circle on the right-side of the DJI GO 4 app. While the photo is being captured, the white dot turns gray and a circular arrow appears around the circumference of the white dot for a couple seconds to let you know the image is being captured.  You cannot capture another photo until the solid white dot reappears.  Did you witness all that while you were capturing your 14 frame grab photos?  

Thank you .. very much and yes I did notice that while I was filming let’s call it .. and snapped a few pics I did see the round white circle go grey and the outside edge went round and round for a couple seconds and I did finally find all my pics.. As I’m sure your well aware by now I’m still in my baby stages of learning but I will say even with a few major headaches and getting very upset at DJI . This drone hobby I’ve started has been and still is one of the most exciting hobbies I’ve done thus far. Trust me I’ve done a few and still do... I guess I’ve had some bad .. well maybe not bad but hard to fly drones over the years and it’s really kept me from getting into this hobby but when I purchased my Traxxas Anton drone that’s when I realized they do make a fairly easy to fly drone and the fever was on. Now I’m hooked. Every day I’ve been up at least a couple hours ". Anyway thanks again for your help. Have a great rest of the week. Ttul!
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-9-3 15:25
Thank you .. very much and yes I did notice that while I was filming let’s call it .. and snapped a few pics I did see the round white circle go grey and the outside edge went round and round for a couple seconds and I did finally find all my pics.. As I’m sure your well aware by now I’m still in my baby stages of learning but I will say even with a few major headaches and getting very upset at DJI . This drone hobby I’ve started has been and still is one of the most exciting hobbies I’ve done thus far. Trust me I’ve done a few and still do... I guess I’ve had some bad .. well maybe not bad but hard to fly drones over the years and it’s really kept me from getting into this hobby but when I purchased my Traxxas Anton drone that’s when I realized they do make a fairly easy to fly drone and the fever was on. Now I’m hooked. Every day I’ve been up at least a couple hours ". Anyway thanks again for your help. Have a great rest of the week. Ttul!

Great to know that you were able to figure it all out already. If you do have further questions regarding any issues with your drone in the near future do not hesitate to get in touch with us and we will help you with it. Thank you.
2018-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules