X4S not following AC heading in GS PRO
880 7 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SOJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6660 ft
United States

When executing a mapping mission, the gimbal will stay oriented to whatever direction the AC was launched: Meaning if I launch with the AC oriented north anf the mission was flown in an East to West patern, the camera's orientation is 90° to the flight line and I am not obtaing the correct overlap in my imagery. I believe this began with the last firmware update.

A programmable hot key for the controller to re-orient the camera to forward facing / Nadir would be nice. Also an indicator for gimbal pitch in GS Pro would be handy.

2018-9-3
Use props
DroneMapper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

Hello,
For what it is worth, we just setup a clients Inspire 2 with X5S using GS PRO without any issues. We updated everything (Controller, Camera, Image Processor, I2) to the latest firmware. The drone performed the mapping mission without problem. You might double check the camera orientation setting.. it can be parallel or perpendicular to the flight line. I can't remember if this is in the advanced settings or not.  We also set the cross track and in track  overlap to 80% under advanced settings. You should also use the setting which triggers the camera based on distance instead of time.
Hopefully that helps. Best of luck
Thanks,
JP

https://dronemapper.com
2018-9-4
Use props
Arvista
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2474 ft
Australia

We are having exactly the same problem on all 3 of our Inspire 2 / X4S kits. Seems to be since the last GS Pro update about 2 or 3 weeks ago.
2018-9-5
Use props
SOJ
lvl.1
United States

I set up the controller with C1 as reset the gimbal to forward and level and C2 as level/nadir. I have to plan my missions so that when I get to the first flight line, I have enough time to reset the attitude on the gimbal to forward/nadir before it gets to what I am mapping.

No problems with the X5S like this.  
2018-9-7
Use props
SOJ
lvl.1
United States

SOJ Posted at 2018-9-7 10:09
I set up the controller with C1 as reset the gimbal to forward and level and C2 as level/nadir. I have to plan my missions so that when I get to the first flight line, I have enough time to reset the attitude on the gimbal to forward/nadir before it gets to what I am mapping.

No problems with the X5S like this.

Beginning to think that if DJI can’t fix this that I will have to fly with the X5S and deal with the rolling shutter distortion in post processing.

Boooo!
2018-9-7
Use props
SOJ
lvl.1
United States

Arvista Posted at 2018-9-5 22:42
We are having exactly the same problem on all 3 of our Inspire 2 / X4S kits. Seems to be since the last GS Pro update about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Are you using a Loki?
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Sorry for the late response. Did you try to revert back to the old firmware? Which is V01.02.0100.
2018-9-10
Use props
SOJ
lvl.1
United States

Wanda- DJI Assistant 2 refuses to recognize the firmware version when connected ac and queried.
2018-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules