Phantom 4 recording stops
1281 9 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jgQrmqMuYoig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46631 ft

Hi.. i have a phantom 4 ive just bought a sandisk extreme pro 64gb sd card but it stops recording after 20 odd seconds the screen goes black and white, ive cleared the cachw, also when i go to watch what ive recorded it says therex files yet i click on it and theres nothing there. Im wondering if its a faulty sd card. Thanks in advance.
2018-9-3
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft

Did you format the card in the ac ?
2018-9-3
Use props
djiuser_jgQrmqMuYoig
lvl.1

DEUCEDOG Posted at 2018-9-3 10:45
Did you format the card in the ac ?

The cards brand new
2018-9-3
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer

format the card and see if there is any change , also did you buy from a reputable dealer ? i had the same happen to me after about 2mins recording and it turned out to be a fake .
2018-9-3
Use props
djiuser_jgQrmqMuYoig
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DEUCEDOG Posted at 2018-9-3 12:37
format the card and see if there is any change , also did you buy from a reputable dealer ? i had the same happen to me after about 2mins recording and it turned out to be a fake  .

yeah ive formated it and its still the same, so ive put an old sandisk card in the drone and it works fine. so its definetly the card, was yours in original packaging? mine was but i did purchase off of ebay.
2018-9-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_jgQrmqMuYoig Posted at 2018-9-3 12:51
yeah ive formated it and its still the same, so ive put an old sandisk card in the drone and it works fine. so its definetly the card, was yours in original packaging? mine was but i did purchase off of ebay.

eBay is full of people selling counterfeit Sandisk cards.
2018-9-3
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer

djiuser_jgQrmqMuYoig Posted at 2018-9-3 12:51

i got mine from Amazon all in original packing etc and next to a genuine one you wouldn't tell the difference ? one way to check is to see what size it is when you format it ,  if i t falls way short of the spec you have a bad one.
Since then i purchased all mine from Halfords , they were the best price at the time
hope this helps
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if the issue will occur everytime you tried to record? Were you able to check if there will be a file on the SD card? Do you have a spare of SD card to try with? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2018-9-5
Use props
djiuser_jgQrmqMuYoig
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-5 15:20
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if the issue will occur everytime you tried to record? Were you able to check if there will be a file on the SD card? Do you have a spare of SD card to try with? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Deucedog...Djitony.. Thanks guys for the advice, its seems that the sd card i was using was faulty i did what you said and put another sd card in with no problems, I managed to get another extreme pro card and my recording is flawless now, im really pleased with the videos ive shot last night so thanks again much appreciated. Regards mitch
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_jgQrmqMuYoig Posted at 2018-9-6 00:05
Deucedog...Djitony.. Thanks guys for the advice, its seems that the sd card i was using was faulty i did what you said and put another sd card in with no problems, I managed to get another extreme pro card and my recording is flawless now, im really pleased with the videos ive shot last night so thanks again much appreciated. Regards mitch

Hi, Thanks for your response. I'm glad that you were able to sort it our the issue. Great job for you. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you need our assistance again. Have a safe flight!
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules