1529 7 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobby67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11250 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
I really want to start flying drones commercially but it costs a lot for a licence in the uk. This got me thinking though and I was just wondering if I could theoretically get a 4K drone under 250g would I have to get a commercial licence or not.
Any answers greatly appreciated
Thanks
2018-9-3
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

If you fly commercially you will need a PFCO ( permit to fly commercial operations) issued by the CAA. Firstly you will need  to take a theory and flight test  conducted by a NQE (national qualified entity). Yes it is expensive, particularly the public liability insurance you will need to take out before your PFCO is issued.
2018-9-4
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Bobby,
Just for clarity, it is not the weight of the drone that matters, it is wether you are flying it for money or gain that is important.

Regards

Des
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I highly suggest to contact CAA in regards to this concern since they are the best person that's more knowledgeable in terms with the policy in the UK. You may reach them out by visiting their website: https://www.caa.co.uk/home/
2018-9-4
Use props
bobby67
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Des_B Posted at 2018-9-4 03:32
Hi Bobby,
Just for clarity, it is not the weight of the drone that matters, it is wether you are flying it for money or gain that is important.

Hi
Thanks very much for the reply.
If I did get the licence and decided to start flying commercially with something like an inspire-matrice 600.how much roughly could I earn 5 days a week doing surveying and photography.
Thanks
2018-9-5
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
United Kingdom

bobby67 Posted at 2018-9-5 08:04
Hi
Thanks very much for the reply.
If I did get the licence and decided to start flying commercially with something like an inspire-matrice 600.how much roughly could I earn 5 days a week doing surveying and photography.

Hi Bobby,
That is pretty much a how long is a piece of string question.
What you can earn in 5 days depends pretty much on your skills in both photography and flying, and getting that proficiency marketed to potential clients.

Regards
Des
2018-9-6
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even race quads with cameras are more than 250g. Add a GoPro and it's up to 350g. The only thing under 250g would be a Tiny Whoop -
2018-9-6
Use props
bobby67
lvl.3
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-9-6 10:11
Even race quads with cameras are more than 250g. Add a GoPro and it's up to 350g. The only thing under 250g would be a Tiny Whoop -
[view_image]

Yeah I was thinking if I got a spark which ways 300-320g AUW and made the battery smaller and got lots of them I could use it to take pictures or very short video and then land and change battery and even have a custom made carbon fibre frame.
Thanks for all your reply’s and help
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules