12205 12 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Apopj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 653 ft
United States

Hello all,

Today while video taping a flight over my daughters home, I attempted to take random snapshots during the recording. The "shutter" sound didn't seem right but I didn't think much of it. When I went to the memory card and uploaded the video, there were no photos on the microcard. Is it possible to take snapshots while recording video on the Mavic Air? I had plenty of space and the video came out fantastic. Thanks for the help...

Dr. Jeff Popa
2018-9-3
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Jeff.
No, this has been asked for many times but you can't on any of DJI's drones. You have to stop, change mode, then snap.
Sometimes you can get away with a frame of the video, but that's not always as good as a genuine still shot.

cheers
Ian
2018-9-3
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Wellsi Posted at 2018-9-3 14:13
Hi Jeff.
No, this has been asked for many times but you can't on any of DJI's drones. You have to stop, change mode, then snap.
Sometimes you can get away with a frame of the video, but that's not always as good as a genuine still shot.

Jeff, Ian,

I am not sure about that... I was also doing some video over a home last week and hit the camera button on my controller and it in deed took photos.

So maybe you can unless you have changed the button to perform another function.

PS. I did not change modes from video to camera and vice versa, all automatic.
2018-9-3
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Prove that please because I am also 100% sure you can't do that.
2018-9-3
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Going with Ian on this one. It would not take photos with the shutter button, if in video mode, for me. I had to hit the camera button, then take the shot, but then the video will stop.
Would have been a awesome function on the drones. I have the same on my underwater cheap go pro imitation, and it works well.
2018-9-3
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2018-9-3 20:46
Jeff, Ian,

I am not sure about that... I was also doing some video over a home last week and hit the camera button on my controller and it in deed took photos.

I still don't believe this is possible.  I've just tested with the 2 Pro and when filming a video, I pressed the right 'still photo' button on the remote and all you get is the quick chirp of an invalid key pressed.  No photos were stored on the SD card either, just the MP4.

If you have managed to do this, would be good to recreate and show the settings
2018-9-3
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From DJI's FAQ on the 2 Pro:

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#faq

8.Can Mavic 2 take photos while recording video?
    No.
2018-9-3
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 2018-9-3 14:13
Hi Jeff.
No, this has been asked for many times but you can't on any of DJI's drones. You have to stop, change mode, then snap.

Take a snapshot out of the video while editing. Freeze the video and export the frame. In 4K it will most likely be better quality than the normal still.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, it's not possible to take a picture while taking a video. We don't have that kind of feature yet, hope you understand. Thanks!
2018-9-5
Use props
fans41f3800c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Mavic air, the Mavic 2 pro,And also the inspire 2. The inspire 2 as far as I know is the only drone  from DJI that you can take a video and pictures at the same time.
2018-9-5
Use props
ArtSez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1530778 ft
  • >>>
United States

saviour Posted at 2018-9-3 21:47
Prove that please because I am also 100% sure you can't do that.

You absolutely can on a Phantom 4 Pro, take pictures while in video mode simply by tapping the right side button on the remote. The size of the picture is limited to the video resolution however. So it’s recommended you stop the video and shoot in camera mode for a full size image.  I also have a Mavic 2, and at the moment can confirm this is not possible for whatever reason. You have to stop your video recording to take a picture, total bummer.
2019-3-10
Use props
AnglSalvatierra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23120 ft

There should be an updated. Why it's not possible photo during Video recording.
2019-9-12
Use props
drone036
lvl.2

United States

Maybe interval photography exists, I'm looking forward to it.
2023-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules