1844 3 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LUMINARIO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169925 ft

I'd love to see improvements

Since owning I have wanted some changes within the controls of the Ronin 2

1- love to have a re-center button solely for recentering the gimbal (instead of scrolling thru modes) - can we assign buttons for customization?

2- I want the Ronin 2 to be able to do a 360 degree Roll - for any remote head/gimbal this is CRUCIAL

3- I want to customize my system much easier - so it works better for me and I can keep making tweaks - the UI on the app needs to have a customization submenu to allow offline changes w/o the rig powered.

4- lastly, I'd love to see the motor settings become more easy to use - instead of numerical settings - LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH  would be better with further tweaks or trims avail to fine detail the settings.  

I'll be honest - motor and smoothtrack settings that say STIFFNESS or SPEED are a bit hard to translate as what you want as an operator.  I come from fluid heads, remote heads, and handheld - there is a certain way I like the camera to feel and it's a bit difficult to understand yet what I want the rig to do.  maybe it's me or maybe I just need further practice and this is a new system to learn - it's different.

your comments, suggestions, and additions help.

thank you!

Alejandro Lalinde
LUMINARIO
luminariocine.com

luminario_logo_stencil red_400x.png
2018-9-3
Use props
LUMINARIO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169925 ft
United States

sorry for reiterating some of the suggestions made...but here are some more;)hope the engineers are reading ;) ;)

Since owning I have wanted some changes within the Ronin 2

1 - love to have a re-center button solely for recentering the gimbal (instead of scrolling thru modes) - can we assign buttons for customization?

2 - I want the Ronin 2 to be able to do a 360 degree Roll - for any remote head/gimbal this is CRUCIAL

3 - I want to customize my system much easier - so it works better for me and I can keep making tweaks - the UI on the app needs to have a customization submenu to allow offline changes w/o the rig powered.

4 - lastly, I'd love to see the motor settings become more easy to use - instead of numerical settings - LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH  would be better with further tweaks or trims avail to fine detail the settings.  

5 - the control screen needs to be able to auto flip when the rig goes from underslung to overslung - this is crucial in order to do last minute tweaks before a shot especially in handheld mode.

6 - I’d like to see something in a mounting plate that would be able to go off the top cross bar.  i like to mount as much as i can on the top of the camera to allow for proper balance transfer - closer to the Center of Gravity.  a small cheese plate accessory that can mount off the shoe mount or even a longer cross bar with more mounting points would help immensely to mount teradek transmitters, lock it boxes, MDR FIZ brains such as Preston, or even Cinetape accessories.  this is an accessory that could come in handy!

7 - An AppleWatch app for the Ronin App would be super cool so the operator could make last minute adjustments right off their wrist - i think it would mainly be for some of the most used operations needed or maybe even customizable to be able to put what you need for that particular shoot.  speed and efficiency  is always a must in the film industry and helps us get rehired more ofter!!
2018-9-28
Use props
MatRonin2User
New

Italy

Hi Luminario,
I completely agree with you about your suggested improvements!
It's been a long time since you wrote this post...and no reply from Dji... bizarre behavior, don't you think?
Anyway I hope that in the future they will be able to treasure the feedbacks found in this forum.

There should be more sharing informations on settings, control modes and trouble shootings. I'm a new R2 user and I'm having great difficulty in configuring each mounting modes (handheld - car mount - aerial and tripod) and in their coupling with Follow mode (Free, Follow, FPV and Recenter). Obviously each of us has a different way of using a rig, but sometimes, expecially for beginners, it would be useful to have guideslines from which you can then deviate freely.
There are a lots of youtube videos about balancing R2, but almost nothing about what the suggested setting for camera crane/jib should be for example or for steadicam combination (apart from a concise description in the user manual...)
That's all... thank you!
2020-9-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great suggestions
2020-9-12
Use props
Advanced