Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro 2 Atti Mode?
12Next >
18602 41 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of the big complaints with the Mavic Pro was that we couldn't manually select ATTI mode.  Did they fix that with the 2?
LP  

2018-9-3
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

They did not provide us the option to switch into ATTI mode.
2018-9-3
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks.  Just more reason to wait for the P4P2 successor...provided they don't take it away from the Phantom series.

LP
2018-9-3
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

The  old versions of DJI assistant still work to remap the switch on the M2 apparently.
2018-9-3
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-3 16:47
The  old versions of DJI assistant still work to remap the switch on the M2 apparently.

Thanks for sharing that.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, Thanks for bringing this query to us. Mavic 2 Pro ATTI mode is also the same. It will automatically change to ATTI mode when  GPS signal is weak.
2018-9-7
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-7 12:12
Hi there, Thanks for bringing this query to us. Mavic 2 Pro ATTI mode is also the same. It will automatically change to ATTI mode when  GPS signal is weak.

Yeah...I was hoping for the option to force ATTI mode like with the Phantom series.  I hope whatever replaces the P4 has this option.   If you want to be a good pilot, you need to be able to fly without GPS...

LP
2018-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

LeafPeeper Posted at 2018-9-10 10:56
Yeah...I was hoping for the option to force ATTI mode like with the Phantom series.  I hope whatever replaces the P4 has this option.   If you want to be a good pilot, you need to be able to fly without GPS...

LP

I wouldn’t think that’s necessarily true, there are hundreds of good pilots flying mavic’s , for $50 you can buy a cheap drone to practice Atti mode, or would you prefer to risk your $1500 drone. Remember when flying Atti mode or practicing Atti mode you always have the option to switch back in an instant to gps. With a training drone you don’t get that option, so really you might be better off practicing for what might happen without failsafe.
2018-9-10
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

Atti mode saves power and can train pilots for the what if scenario. Flying indoors I personally want it off and not going in and out. I instruct new pilots and what better then to do it on your actual unit.. Would love the option to disable gps.
2018-9-10
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Austria

I would love to manually select atti mode for flying indoor. I had 2 times now that it suddenly got a GPS signal trough the windows, and suddenly the drone flew into the window or a wall, because the GPS position was incorrect, so I don't fly indoor anymore
2018-9-10
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can we have firmware so we can select Atti mode?
2018-9-10
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Austria

Or just put it as an intelligent flight mode? That should not be to hard to do
2018-9-10
Use props
djiuser_ORT03tqNgLhm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2217402 ft
United Kingdom

GhostWolf010 Posted at 2018-9-10 13:49
Or just put it as an intelligent flight mode? That should not be to hard to do

I've been saying this since I got my Mavic one cinematic mode is a bit like attitude mode but I think it still uses GPS.

DJI please give us atti mode in intelligence mode please for the Mavic 1 and 2 drones. When you are flying indoors.
2018-9-10
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

cinematic mode is a bit like atti mode? are you stoned?
2018-9-10
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RE: Mavic Pro 2 Atti Mode?

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2018-9-10 13:34
Atti mode saves power and can train pilots for the what if scenario. Flying indoors I personally want it off and not going in and out. I instruct new pilots and what better then to do it on your actual unit.. Would love the option to disable gps.

This...exactly.
2018-9-11
Use props
El_pierre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1568 ft
Belgium

I'd personally love this feature. I'm in the middle of getting my licence and need to practice atti a lot in preparation for the exam. As stated above, getting to know how to fly your drone manually is important for bringing it down safely in case of technical problems.
2018-9-11
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

El_pierre Posted at 2018-9-11 22:20
I'd personally love this feature. I'm in the middle of getting my licence and need to practice atti a lot in preparation for the exam. As stated above, getting to know how to fly your drone manually is important for bringing it down safely in case of technical problems.

Where do you need to learn to actually fly a drone in order to get your 'license'?    Not being sarcastic here - I got my Part 107 in the US and frankly it's interesting that you could get it without ever having flown a UAS.

LP
2018-9-12
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2018-9-10 13:34
Atti mode saves power and can train pilots for the what if scenario. Flying indoors I personally want it off and not going in and out. I instruct new pilots and what better then to do it on your actual unit.. Would love the option to disable gps.

Bit like learning FPV. Go direct to Acro mode and don't use Angle or Horizon modes. Only switch to angle for landings as is common with a lot of FPV loons. Love it.
2018-9-12
Use props
El_pierre
lvl.2
Belgium

LeafPeeper Posted at 2018-9-12 09:40
Where do you need to learn to actually fly a drone in order to get your 'license'?    Not being sarcastic here - I got my Part 107 in the US and frankly it's interesting that you could get it without ever having flown a UAS.

LP

I live in Belgium unfortunately. Drone law here is just ridiculous. Not higher than 33ft without a licence, aircraft less than 1 kg and only in yer backyard. You have to study for theoretical tests (which are actually light manned aircraft tests) and do some practical tests with and without GPS turned on. Total cost of all this +- $4K. Yeah... Upside is drone accidents are uncommon here
2018-9-12
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

El_pierre Posted at 2018-9-12 11:12
I live in Belgium unfortunately. Drone law here is just ridiculous. Not higher than 33ft without a licence, aircraft less than 1 kg and only in yer backyard. You have to study for theoretical tests (which are actually light manned aircraft tests) and do some practical tests with and without GPS turned on. Total cost of all this +- $4K. Yeah... Upside is drone accidents are uncommon here

Wow!  Kudos to you then for not only putting up with it, but for continuing to persevere!  Congrats!

LP
2018-9-12
Use props
pjollain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106093 ft
France

I live in Belgium unfortunately. Drone law here is just ridiculous. Not higher than 33ft without a licence, aircraft less than 1 kg and only in yer backyard. You have to study for theoretical tests (which are actually light manned aircraft tests) and do some practical tests with and without GPS turned on. Total cost of all this +- $4K. Yeah... Upside is drone accidents are uncommon here

If you live close to the border, cross it and come to fly in France! There are some restrictions, but we can still easily find places where to fly. A light theoretical exam is coming, but it will be free.
2018-9-12
Use props
El_pierre
lvl.2
Belgium

pjollain Posted at 2018-9-12 21:07
If you live close to the border, cross it and come to fly in France! There are some restrictions, but we can still easily find places where to fly. A light theoretical exam is coming, but it will be free.

Thanks for the tip, I actually thought about doing exactly that. Going to France or The Netherlands where drone rules are as they should be. I live about an hour and a half away from the border to France.
2018-9-12
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Personally I am participating to a training to obtain license to work with drone , and indoor with metal etc if droni switch automatic from gps to atti is very dangerous, with a ph4 you switch and is made, possible not to do with mavic, with software someone change parameter in system worth dji assist, so if can do a user come on dji make more re.alistic and made you, you will sell more mavic than expected hope will see soon on mavic capability to choose like flight
2018-10-15
Use props
Lolo780
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35122792 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Luckily the M2 has a 3 position flight mode switch so you don't have to give up Sport mode like the Mavic 1.  Use DJI Assistant in debug to replace Tripod mode (12) with ATTI mode (3).
2018-10-15
Use props
jffry7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27566 ft
Singapore

Lolo780 Posted at 2018-10-15 17:12
Luckily the M2 has a 3 position flight mode switch so you don't have to give up Sport mode like the Mavic 1.  Use DJI Assistant in debug to replace Tripod mode (12) with ATTI mode (3).

Never thought of the debug mode, I might try this later
2018-10-15
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-10 11:20
I wouldn’t think that’s necessarily true, there are hundreds of good pilots flying mavic’s , for $50 you can buy a cheap drone to practice Atti mode, or would you prefer to risk your $1500 drone. Remember when flying Atti mode or practicing Atti mode you always have the option to switch back in an instant to gps. With a training drone you don’t get that option, so really you might be better off practicing for what might happen without failsafe.

Only half agree with this. While it’s best to practice first with an inexpensive drone, it would be nice to be able to test how the Mavic is going to behave in atti mode after practicing with the cheap drone.
2018-10-15
Use props
Prometeo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94304 ft
Costa Rica

Lolo780 Posted at 2018-10-15 17:12

Did anyone try the MOD?  
I need it to fly over equipment in big factories.  But the ceiling has strips of transparent polycarbonate that allows GPS to pass and... well.

You can't please everybody but, Lens and F distortion, precision landing, ATTI mode, FCC&EC, micro USB side.

Dear DJI, this is an awesome machine! please be a little more preemptive on you loyal clients needs.
2018-10-21
Use props
Prometeo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94304 ft
Costa Rica

I will try some controlled flights.
https://expertworldtravel.com/dji-mavic-pro-what-is-opti-mode/
2018-10-21
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Is incredibile that mavic not have atti why not like ph4 or autel evo is a firmware update easy
2018-10-21
Use props
fans89eaf4d1
New
Flight distance : 39603 ft
Germany

Did anybody tried now this atti „hack“ with the Mavic pro2?

I don’t need the sports mode - so which numbers to change?
Thanks!
2019-1-17
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.

2019-1-17
Use props
djiuser_WnaEdXQ62sqV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1047 ft
Sweden

Is there any word on warranty if changing one of the switch positions to ATTI using DJI assistant?

I'm about to get a drone and want the Mavic over the phantom for the portability but not being able to fly in ATTI on demand is kind of a deal breaker. I don't understand why a drone with pro in the name does not allow for this. I can't fly indoors without forcing ATTI without risking a spotty GPS signal sending it into something.
2019-2-13
Use props
fansc2e33663
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2549216 ft
Switzerland

How do I switch to Atti mode manually?  It’s a bit pointless if you can’t practice flying in Atti mode, right?
2019-3-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansc2e33663 Posted at 3-15 04:55
How do I switch to Atti mode manually?  It’s a bit pointless if you can’t practice flying in Atti mode, right?

Why is it pointless , you can buy a cheap drone to practice with , chances are when practicing you will crash it. But at least it won’t be the drone you paid €1500 for, if you think that nobody crashes when practicing Atti mode you’d be wrong, yes you can switch back to gps if you have a phantom , but you can’t switch any drone back to gps when it’s not there, so a much truer version of practicing Atti mode is with a cheap drone that doesn’t have gps and if you can master this you won’t have any problems with your M2.
2019-3-15
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-3-15
Use props
Robert R
New

United States

I fly off moving boats and ATTI mode is a MUST!  I put my Phantom on the deck of the boat and I'm able to match precise attack angle and lift off smoothly and safely.  Without ATTI mode I'm absolutely unable to fly my Mavic safely as it's attempting to return to it's initial startup location as soon as you power up.  I've also flown from the tops of mountains which create interference with the GPS and not just block it but make it believe it's flying at speeds or changing directions.  It NEEDS to be user selectable for some flight situations.  And I've seen how all of you talk about why risk flight on a moving boat or over cliffs and mountains... Because, I want THAT shot, that's why.. And it's MY drone, so I should be able to select the flight mode manually if I choose.
2020-1-7
Use props
High Altitude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2106545 ft
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-3 16:47

Lot of people asking about this walk around in DJI Assistant and here’s all I can find, and at your own risk..  https://www.thedroneu.com/blog/atti-mode-mavic-2-pro-hack-zoom/
2020-1-16
Use props
Beeworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190259 ft
Australia

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2018-9-10 14:42
cinematic mode is a bit like atti mode? are you stoned?

Hilarious!
2020-1-17
Use props
Beeworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190259 ft
Australia

That's hardcore! Way more relaxed here in Australia (and probably way more drone crashes too!) - be interesting to see if there's any data to show whether this hardcore regulatory approach actually makes a difference.
2020-1-17
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53996 ft
Germany

As an experienced helicopter pilot, I would welcome an ATTI mode. That would greatly simplify cinematic recordings
2020-1-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules