4105 50 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
photoholic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45581 ft
Switzerland

Hi there

really really love the M2P. I'm using it with a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and one thing that is really annoying is how fast the controller battery drains (guess it's becuase it's permanently loading the attached smartphone and I can't find an option to turn this off).

Is there something to expect from DJI? I absolutely don't want to reload the controller to flight at least the time of 3-4 flight batteries.

Thanks for any help

John
2018-9-3
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Start everything up,then look through the menus in the go app, I can’t tell you exactly where I saw it but there is a toggle that turns smartphone charging on and off. Edit, Sorry, the toggle is only for apple devices..
2018-9-4
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Switzerland

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-9-4 01:23
Start everything up,then look through the menus in the go app, I can’t tell you exactly where I saw it but there is a toggle that turns smartphone charging on and off. Edit, Sorry, the toggle is only for apple devices..

thanks anyway
2018-9-4
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The dji go 4 app is lacking on many fronts, hopefully dji will add the option for android phone soon..
2018-9-4
Use props
Glomby
lvl.2

Android should have a build in option to disable charging. I don't know if that works the other way around as well but I think the reason DJI Go only has this option for apple is because android doesn't need it.
2018-9-4
Use props
Elanor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332405 ft
Italy

Unfortunately, if you have an android phone, at the time being there isn't an option to avoid the charge of your device.

Anyway, I have an iPhone and even if the device is not charging I find that the controller discharge considerably fast. I'm used to the P4P controller which seems to last forever, so it was quite a shock.

If you were planning to use three batteries one day, I wouldn't risk doing more than one flight the next day without charging the controller. Which basically means that if you are travelling and plan to do a few flights every day, you'll need to recharge your batteries and the controller as well every single day. All in all, give the fact that the M2P is way smaller and lighter than the P4P I can't complain. But I understand the problem if you are using an android device. Hopefully, DJI will address this as many other things in the next update.
2018-9-4
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That's a bit of a headache for sure, personally I rectified the same by purchasing  new iPad mini 4's (Yes an additional charge) and have had trouble free flying since. I go fly and don't worry about the usual android issues. Granted it cost me over a grand for (his and hers the wife flies with me)  2 ipadmini 4's, 2 mavmounts, and 2 hoodman sunscreens, but it was well worth the outlay.
2018-9-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Go4 has an option to disable phone charging on the mavic2 according to the manual.
Far better than burning bank notes for apple devices to solve problems that don't exist!
2018-9-4
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Switzerland

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-4 01:55
Go4 has an option to disable phone charging on the mavic2 according to the manual.
Far better than burning bank notes for apple devices to solve problems that don't exist!

Well... this option does only exist in the iOS App ;)
2018-9-4
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wait, what!!
There's an option to turn off charging for apple devices???
Where is this?
2018-9-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

photoholic Posted at 2018-9-4 01:58
Well... this option does only exist in the iOS App ;)

Typical DJI then.  Easy enough to code on core android (8+). Not bothered.

I see these complaints all the time about the charging but just cant see it myself.  I can get 5-6 flights out of an RC charge even with it charging devices.  With only 3 batteries i cant see it an issue.

Unless the Samsungs suck down horrendous amounts of power.
2018-9-4
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My tips. When charging the remote, charge until the display shuts down, thats about 10-15 minutes after it shows 100%. I always ensure my Android S8+ Is fully charged before plugging into the remote, this reduces the current draw on the remote battery to the phone, thereby improving the time available on the remote. Normally at least 4 batteries before it gets too low.
2018-9-4
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Isn't there a way that you can setup to change the USB behavior when a device is plugged in (Disabling charging)?  I thought I seen that option on a friend's phone.  I can't confirm since I don't own an android.
2018-9-4
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switch off Fast Charging on your S8, 9 etc. That should also reduce remote discharging fast.
2018-9-4
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>

Dude, jump the band wagon to IOS and make your lfying hassle free!
2018-9-4
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-9-4 02:00
Wait, what!!
There's an option to turn off charging for apple devices???
Where is this?

Its under the remote control settings in the GO4 App.

It only appears for Apple devices and it won't charge iPads.
2018-9-4
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2018-9-4 12:47

I know, right?  So much easier using my iPad mini.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. You mean the reason why your RC easily depleted is due that your phone will charge to your RC correct? Please keep us posted. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-4
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-9-4 13:51
I know, right?  So much easier using my iPad mini.

They never learn!  
2018-9-4
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

ipad or don't fly at all
2018-9-4
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Check out # 9

2018-9-4
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2

I use goggles re ;)

and if you ever had a glance at an S9+ display you'd throw your applegadget far away ;)
2018-9-5
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-4 16:14
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. You mean the reason why your RC easily depleted is due that your phone will charge to your RC correct? Please keep us posted. Thank you for the support.

Hi DJI Tony

yes the problem is well known for a long time. Many many users with Android phones (and the Android market is much larger than the iOS market sure you know) complain about it.

iOS users can disable the charging in the DJI app but the option is not available for Andoid users.

I fly with a Samsung Galaxy S9+. The controller does immediately load the phone the second I plug it in. Even if battery is over 90%. I have fastcharging via USB disabled on the phone but still the battery of the controller drains really really fast. Lasts perhaps 1 1/2 flight batteries. The consequence is that lots of Android users have a powerbank attached to the upper USB port and the smartphone connected via the lower port. This is such an ugly workaround.

Please make the recharging-feature for Android optional!!!!! My S9+ battery lasts a loong time and I really don't need this function anyway!!!

Thanks for your help

John, withpowerbank (no I will NEVER buy an Apple device... I'm already trough this stage)
2018-9-5
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-9-4 17:21
ipad or don't fly at all

no... this is not a discussion I want to join... let's stick with facts:

market situation Andoid 88% / iOS 11.9%
2018-9-5
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2

dronist Posted at 2018-9-4 12:47

hahaha... I could buy an iPhone X just for flying
2018-9-5
Use props
AeroFotografie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23786 ft
  • >>>
Germany

photoholic Posted at 2018-9-5 02:52

DJI please fix this issue, this is not acceptable as the transmitter is discharging faster than the flight battery.
Even if I set slow charging option in the android battery setup, it does not stop draining the transmitter battery!
This problem does not exist with the Mavic Air, with the same smartphone Samsung Galaxy S7 or S8
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

photoholic Posted at 2018-9-5 02:47
Hi DJI Tony

yes the problem is well known for a long time. Many many users with Android phones (and the Android market is much larger than the iOS market sure you know) complain about it.

Hi, Sorry to let you down. We will forward the issue to our engineers for them to be notified. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-9-5
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-5 10:55
Hi, Sorry to let you down. We will forward the issue to our engineers for them to be notified. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot.

Well it would be great to have this resolved.

I was flying again today and if the phone is really full charged and fast charging disabled the drain is not extremely bad just bad... meanwhile I already learned to live with a powerbank...

I can forgive anything at the moment becuase I love the M2P really really a lot ;)
2018-9-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>

photoholic Posted at 2018-9-5 02:41
I use goggles re ;)

and if you ever had a glance at an S9+ display you'd throw your applegadget far away ;)

Dude, you should now by know that if you want fly DJI AC you need to use Apple Gadget

Who cares if Andriod has 100% or 200% DJI primarily cater to Apple gadget. So the question for you know is:

Do you wanna fly or beat around the bushes? That is the question!  
2018-9-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>

photoholic Posted at 2018-9-5 02:52

Yup! you can do that or keep crying about Android has 200% of the market!
2018-9-5
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Switzerland

dronist Posted at 2018-9-5 20:13
Dude, you should now by know that if you want fly DJI AC you need to use Apple Gadget

Who cares if Andriod has 100% or 200% DJI primarily cater to Apple gadget. So the question for you know is:

You're sooo out of topic little fanboy... please subscribe to forum.applefanboys.org and leave this thread...
2018-9-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-4 01:47
That's a bit of a headache for sure, personally I rectified the same by purchasing  new iPad mini 4's (Yes an additional charge) and have had trouble free flying since. I go fly and don't worry about the usual android issues. Granted it cost me over a grand for (his and hers the wife flies with me)  2 ipadmini 4's, 2 mavmounts, and 2 hoodman sunscreens, but it was well worth the outlay.

you don't need the the mount the ipad mini is a perfect fit in all DJI controllers for the mavic series and spark
2018-9-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>

dronist Posted at 2018-9-5 20:13

Also the Ipad Mini is the perfect device to use. Don't use your phones get the ipad mini 4 as a dedicated screen for your dji drones. All the others don't work as well. Just spend a little cash you will not regret it I assure you
2018-9-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>

photoholic Posted at 2018-9-5 21:22
You're sooo out of topic little fanboy... please subscribe to forum.applefanboys.org and leave this thread...

He is correct Apple devices are far better with DJI stuff. The Ipad mini 4 is the way to go
2018-9-5
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Switzerland

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-5 22:05
He is correct Apple devices are far better with DJI stuff. The Ipad mini 4 is the way to go

And the next mastermind is joining... welcome.

I'm pretty sure most of all Apple fanboys have never ever used an Android phone. Well... I had Apple devices my whole live... and I'm sooo happy with my Samsung Galaxy S9+

I'd been flying with iPad for quite a while and the display is not half as bright as the beauty of the S9+. Being a fanboy (what brand ever) is just stupid and a quick indicator about a brain that is probably as bright as an iPad display.

2018-9-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>

photoholic Posted at 2018-9-5 22:15

I'm pretty sure most of all Apple fanboys have never ever used an Android phone. Well... I had Apple devices my whole live... and I'm sooo happy with my Samsung Galaxy S9+

And a prize for you for the most ridiculous comment ever. Enjoy your flying
2018-9-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-5 22:29
And a prize for you for the most ridiculous comment ever. Enjoy your flying

He is one of those oh mommy I want you to do this and this or  

He think by like a bay DJI will feel pity on him and they will dedicate 100 of R&D to fix his issue!

2018-9-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-5 22:04
Also the Ipad Mini is the perfect device to use. Don't use your phones get the ipad mini 4 as a dedicated screen for your dji drones. All the others don't work as well. Just spend a little cash you will not regret it I assure you

I already have the mini 4 and I use it when it is cloudy!
2018-9-5
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

photoholic Posted at 2018-9-5 22:15

Ahhhh hello I started with Samsungs from S5 all the way up to S8 and nothing but issues after each and every FW update. Changed to the iPad mini 4 and so far zero issues. Go figure huh, engage brain before opening mouth is very apt, don't you think, you asked for advice and because it doesn't sit well with your own preferences and you resort to insulting folk, way to go.
2018-9-6
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Switzerland

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-6 00:26
Ahhhh hello I started with Samsungs from S5 all the way up to S8 and nothing but issues after each and every FW update. Changed to the iPad mini 4 and so far zero issues. Go figure huh, engage brain before opening mouth is very apt, don't you think, you asked for advice and because it doesn't sit well with your own preferences and you resort to insulting folk, way to go.

John the Boss... press your RTH button now please
2018-9-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules