DJI Mavic 2 Pro is better than Inspire 2 in every way but THIS!
1581 9 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Introvert Speaks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

[backcolor=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]

2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for sharing some comparison with each Aircraft. Cheers!
2018-9-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool vid and comparison
2018-9-6
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

Looks like my Inspire 2
2018-9-6
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

Watching that video, I'd say that the gimbal on the Inspire 2 is also much better than the Mavic 2 Pro.  During the stand up, which he says is being shot by the Mavic 2 Pro, you can see that even though the Mavic looks stable in flight, the video is moving around.  My experience with the Inspire 2 is that even though it may be dancing in the sky, 9 times out of 10 the video footage is rock solid.  So the Inspire 2 gimbal is much more capable of compensating for flight movement if it can handle the large amount of drift from the aircraft, whereas the Mavic, which is barely moving, introduces its flight motion into the video.
2018-9-6
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The I2 is a mess!! Expensive is right! My last one!
2018-9-6
Use props
TheMightyThor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2224665 ft
  • >>>

I agree that if you're doing very small commercial jobs or real estate, the Mavic 2 Pro is a much better option. But if you're planning on breaking into television and feature films, the Inspire 2 is yours only option.

I fly for features and TV for a living and I own two Inspire 2 X7 packages. 99.9% of productions will always require a two man team Pilot/Cam Op team, which automatically cuts out the Mavic 2. Internal Pro Res has been a game changer, and when you're trying to match an Alexa Mini or Red the 6K Raw does an incredible job.

I agree 100% they need to fix the stability, it's 100% unacceptable. But, for dual operation there's unfortunately nothing else to choose from so DJI feels no rush the newest firmware catastrophe.
2018-9-6
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Anyone else find it odd to say a drone is better except for one feature when that one feature is the absolute number one reason for buying a drone, if you're not a hobbyist?
2018-9-6
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

well, you really just 'glanced' over one of the other 'major' benefits of the Inspire 2 over the Mavic 2... ProRes and CinemaDNG... and 5.2K Raw... this is huge. The added flexibility 5.2K Raw gives you in post production.. or the added resolution and ease of editing ProRes, can't be underestimated.. The professional codec along with interchangeable lenses that allow you to pull in your background.. i.e. mountains.. in my opinion, is what separates the higher level professionals in this game.. so it really depends on where you want to be in this business... If a film crew approaches me to work with them and I give them my 'not so cheap' day rate... I just wouldn't feel right showing up with a Mavic for the job...
2018-9-6
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

well, you really just 'glanced' over one of the other 'major' benefits of the Inspire 2 over the Mavic 2... ProRes and CinemaDNG... and 5.2K Raw... this is huge. The added flexibility 5.2K Raw gives you in post production.. or the added resolution and ease of editing ProRes, can't be underestimated.. The professional codec along with interchangeable lenses that allow you to pull in your background.. i.e. mountains.. in my opinion, is what separates the higher level professionals in this game.. so it really depends on where you want to be in this business... If a film crew approaches me to work with them and I give them my 'not so cheap' day rate... I just wouldn't feel right showing up with a Mavic for the job...
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules