No photos in DJI Go4 (4.3.0)
1978 6 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rblomqvist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

Ever since I updated my iPhone 8 to DJI Go4 version 4.3.0, I have not been able to see any newly taken photos under DJI  Go4's Editor/Album/Photos. All videos are there, but no photos, apart from ones taken before the update to 4.3.0.

The photos are on the SD card and when synced I can see them in Airdata UAV (synced with my DJI account)

Tried it with both Mavic Air and Mavic 2 Zoom with same result.

Has anyone that have had the same issue after upgrading solved the  problem and what did you do to get it fixed? And if you have upgraded and have not seen  the problem at all it would also be interesting to hear about that too?

2018-9-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Check that the HD Photo Sync option is enabled and that you are shooting either RAW+JPG or JPG. Sometimes updates will change your prefs, and photo sync only works with JPG images. Hope this helps.
2018-9-4
Use props
Rblomqvist
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Ex Machina, but unfortunately HD Photo Sync was already enabled and jpg was also selected
Any other suggestions? I raised a support ticket with DJI yesterday, but have not heard anything back yet.
Can anyone having an iPhone 8 running DJI Go4 - 4.3.0 please confirm it is working? I would love to figure out if it's a defect in the s/w or just my device/settings.   
2018-9-4
Use props
ShawnW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1470105 ft
Canada

Hey guys, experienced the same symptom with my iPhone 7. Upgrade 4.3.0 completed no problem. First flight out noticed no photos in editor.  Connected to Mavic Pro ( I guess I have to now say "the old" mavic pro) and the photo's were available in editor.    I looked for the "hd photo sync" option and could not find it expressed exactly like this so a quick google indicates this is linked to iCloud services.   
Coincidentally I had dumped and turned off my iCloud backup.   I will turn this back on and see if the new photo's will appear but won't get to it until this weekend.
Rblomqvist - did you recently turn off iCloud services?
Sincerely.
2018-9-5
Use props
Rblomqvist
lvl.4
United States

Thanks ShawnW,
No I have not changed anything in regards to iCloud. In fact, apart from the update to 4.3.0 I can't recall doing any changes but change video resolution back to 2.7k60. Most other settings was transferred over from prior version of DJI Go. When you mention the old MP, do you talk about photos taken prior to updating to 4.3.0? If that's the case I have the same. I have lots of photos from earlier in August, before I did the update.
Just updated to 4.3.1 but won't have time to try it out right away.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please make sure that there is enough space on your mobile device, and remember to enable Auto Sync HD Photos. You can find this option when you connect the drone, RC and the app and go to the camera settings, kindly refer on the attachment below. The photos and videos in the APP are cached files, they are only low-res files besides, you can also download the original images from the SD card via the APP, Go to the Editor when the drone is connected, then Album, click the Import icon, select On-Board SD, then you can select the images you need to download. Please let me know if you have other concern, thanks for your support.

auto sync.PNG
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ShawnW Posted at 2018-9-5 04:26
Hey guys, experienced the same symptom with my iPhone 7. Upgrade 4.3.0 completed no problem. First flight out noticed no photos in editor.  Connected to Mavic Pro ( I guess I have to now say "the old" mavic pro) and the photo's were available in editor.    I looked for the "hd photo sync" option and could not find it expressed exactly like this so a quick google indicates this is linked to iCloud services.   
Coincidentally I had dumped and turned off my iCloud backup.   I will turn this back on and see if the new photo's will appear but won't get to it until this weekend.
Rblomqvist - did you recently turn off iCloud services?

Please back up your files and sync your flight records and then reinstall the APP. Kindly refer to the post #6 on how to fix the issue.
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules