Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Recommend Me a Cheap New Phone/Tablet for Mavic Air
2877 13 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

My HTC U11 stopped working with my MA overnight the other day. Reported in various other threads. No idea why, lots of people have suffered same issue.
Just want to see what's currently at the top of the list of the cheap devices for Mavic Air and which are guaranteed to work.

Requirements are
- Need to fit the device in the stock MA control. Going bikepacking with it next week and taking unnecessary extra equipment is a no-no
- Cheap
- USB-C charging ideally so don't need multiple leads
- Second hand

Will keep my U11 as a day to day phone & camera.

Looking at things like the Amazon Fire HD8 currently as a starter.
2018-9-4
Use props
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just going to stick this here before someone from DJI does. Well aware of the list, but given how often it changes I don't see much point basing decisions on it.

iOS V4.3.0
Requires iOS 9.0 or above.
Compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4.
Optimized for iPhone X.

Android V4.3.0
Requires Android 5.0 or above.
Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

2018-9-4
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If your mobile device stopped working after updating DJI GO, you can roll back to the previous version by following these instructions.

You can find a list of supported and commonly used phones and tablets here. The specs are listed, so that should help you choose a device based on specs. While it's not necessarily a great idea to buy the device with the poorest specs, Android mobile devices and DJI GO generally run better when set up like this.
2018-9-4
Use props
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 2018-9-4 06:35
If your mobile device stopped working after updating DJI GO, you can roll back to the previous version by following these instructions.

You can find a list of supported and commonly used phones and tablets here. The specs are listed, so that should help you choose a device based on specs. While it's not necessarily a great idea to buy the device with the poorest specs, Android mobile devices and DJI GO generally run better when set up like this.

It's not a DJI go issue, there's something up with the RC > Phone connection.

I get the 'Slow Charging' notification and the connection doesn't work. Same notification with DJIGO4 installed or uninstalled, open or closed.

Anyway, that's a different topic.
2018-9-4
Use props
wjkrysak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the Amazon Fire HD8 with no concerns. You can often find them on sale. Recently bought another as a back up.
2018-9-4
Use props
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

wjkrysak Posted at 2018-9-4 07:48
I use the Amazon Fire HD8 with no concerns. You can often find them on sale. Recently bought another as a back up.

That or a Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus are most likely at the moment.

Does the Fire HD8 fit in the standard remote control?
2018-9-4
Use props
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy Posted at 2018-9-4 07:58

Just bought a Fire 8 HD. Can't go too wrong for £70. Just plugged it in, downloaded djigo4 and works great right away.

Good temporary solution if nothing else.
2018-9-4
Use props
nicolasapr
New
Flight distance : 31089 ft

Italy

Hi, can you tell me if running Android 8.0 oreo work?
Thank you

2018-9-4
Use props
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

nicolasapr Posted at 2018-9-4 15:03
Hi, can you tell me if running Android 8.0 oreo work?
Thank you

Not sure what version is on the HD8, will need to check when I get home. It's an Amazon version of Android so I doubt it's the latest one.
2018-9-4
Use props
djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

I have a Lenovo Tab 3 plus 8" purchased from Gearbest for $139. It works fine just turn off image cache feature on drone and it works great.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching DJI forum. Please refer on post  # 2 for our recommended device for Mavic Air. You can also check it using this link: (https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads) and look for APP/LIVE VIEW. If you have other concern, please let us know.
2018-9-6
Use props
wjkrysak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy Posted at 2018-9-4 07:58

My HD8 does not fit the standard remote control. I use a Mavmount, highly recommended.
2018-9-6
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

From an unwilling to get an apple product individual, get an iPad Mini 4.  Lasts all day and never crashes.  Avoid anything android to fly DJI.
2018-9-6
Use props
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

wjkrysak Posted at 2018-9-6 09:25
My HD8 does not fit the standard remote control. I use a Mavmount, highly recommended.

It does fit (just) if you put one side in first, then slide the other in.

I've also bought a tablet mount but hate lugging it round, cycle for 99% of my drone excursions so any extra weight/bulk is a pain.
2018-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules