sport mode
1609 30 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Axlbassman1980
lvl.2
United States

I got brave and switch to sport mode this weekend...braveness quickly left lol im not ready for that. if i ever upgrade to a different drone, speed wont be one of my determining factors lol.
2018-9-4
Use props
jwf007
lvl.2
United States

What happened?  I tried it a few times but only to get it up high fast.
2018-9-4
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

The Spark is most definatly a different animal in Sport mode!

I took my Spark out to a big open field (grass farm).  Perfect area with no obstructions and if it were to crash it would be in a field of new grass only 2 inches deep.  Luckily there were no crashes for me.
But I think knowing how the Spark responds and flys in Sport mode is good to have in your pocket.  It makes it easier to get down range fast to take those photos/videos you want to get.   It also helps bringing it home if that is against a good head wind.

Basically I just have trained my fingers not to go full tilt on the gimbals when flying in Sport mode.  

Enjoy!
2018-9-4
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

I always use Sport mode. If I don't feel like I am in the mood for photography, have a little drone speed and fun. it's amazing what it is capable of.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this topic to us. Please practice more when flying in Sports mode to avoid any crash. Please fly with caution. Should you have any question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-9-5
Use props
Axlbassman1980
lvl.2
United States

i will definitely be practicing more in sport mode, but maybe not so much over the lake like i did lol. nothing happened thank god, just way more responsive then i expected.
2018-9-5
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I only use it when I am at higher altitudes, no way to run into anything, and be aware that it takes much longer to stop...
2018-9-5
Use props
Axlbassman1980
lvl.2
United States

yea it certainly does take longer to stop
2018-9-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try flying a 3.1KG Inspire at 77MPH in 40MPH winds in attitude mode LOL
2018-9-5
Use props
Axlbassman1980
lvl.2
United States

no thanks! lol(maybe someday ;-))
2018-9-5
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-9-5 11:52
Try flying a 3.1KG Inspire at 77MPH in 40MPH winds in attitude mode LOL

Sure, if you buy me one!
2018-9-5
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I tried sport mode for only the second time last weekend.. First time I crashed it into a tree so I was afraid to use it again..   I went out very far for me, over 1000 feet, because it was a very cloudy day and I could easily see the spark against the grey sky.  It took so long to go that distance that I switched to sport mode to bring it back.  MUCH faster.   I tried to be very gentle on the controls while in sport mode, I have read too many bad things happening if you are too quick with commands in that mode.   It was fun to use it but  I do need more practice before I feel comfortable with sport mode.
2018-9-5
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

I find that i love flying my spark more in Sports mode..  Only problem when i go back to normal i feel like i'm flying a snail..  Bad thing in sports mode is trying to film, it's a waste of time especially if you try to turn...
2018-9-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Northwood Posted at 2018-9-5 12:38
Sure, if you buy me one!

Hahahaha        
2018-9-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Axlbassman1980 Posted at 2018-9-5 12:04
no thanks! lol(maybe someday ;-))

Haha - it's something flying other drones for years can't prepare you for but that Spark is very fast for it's size - take care.
2018-9-5
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Not only does it take much more distance to stop, it turns in a much larger radius - especially if you are only using yaw to turn.
2018-9-5
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 2018-9-5 20:07
I find that i love flying my spark more in Sports mode..  Only problem when i go back to normal i feel like i'm flying a snail..  Bad thing in sports mode is trying to film, it's a waste of time especially if you try to turn...

You can film in Sport mode with the Spark but straight lines only, and no cross wind. You can fly with the wind or against it, full throttle, but just make sure the stick is pointed all the way up with no deviation.
2018-9-6
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

Bing Err Posted at 2018-9-6 00:10
You can film in Sport mode with the Spark but straight lines only, and no cross wind. You can fly with the wind or against it, full throttle, but just make sure the stick is pointed all the way up with no deviation.

Yes.....  Flying straight and even then you get the shadow of the props as it leans forward.. any turns forget about filming..
2018-9-6
Use props
Axlbassman1980
lvl.2
United States

ill have to try this! i bet it would make for a cool shot over the water!
2018-9-6
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2018-9-6 00:10
You can film in Sport mode with the Spark but straight lines only, and no cross wind. You can fly with the wind or against it, full throttle, but just make sure the stick is pointed all the way up with no deviation.

Why do you not recommend recording in Sport Mode in a crosswind...what effect does that have???
2018-9-6
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 2018-9-6 02:44
Yes.....  Flying straight and even then you get the shadow of the props as it leans forward.. any turns forget about filming..

So flying in reverse (away from the direction the camera is pointed) in Sport mode would give a smooth, prop free, rapid reveal of the subject???
2018-9-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-9-6 07:31
So flying in reverse (away from the direction the camera is pointed) in Sport mode would give a smooth, prop free, rapid reveal of the subject???

Yes.... but if you stop too quickly gimbal will shake a bit up and down as it's not locked on that axis.
2018-9-6
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-9-6 07:30
Why do you not recommend recording in Sport Mode in a crosswind...what effect does that have???

In my experience you will get some drift off course.... and perhaps the tipping of the camera.
2018-9-6
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-9-6 07:30

Unstable/unusable video. Since the 2-axis gimbal does little for the drone rocking right and left. If you were flying in Sport and a gust blew it to the side the video would not be stablized. The drone will still Fly just fine. Just not great video results.
2018-9-6
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 2018-9-6 02:44

Flying backwards will get rid of the props in your scene.
2018-9-6
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

Reverse might be ok...   
2018-9-6
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

Bing Err Posted at 2018-9-6 14:54
Flying backwards will get rid of the props in your scene.

Most likely...   I can't say I've bothered to film going backwards in Sports mode.   I'll try next time and see how the craft leans over..
2018-9-6
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

DJI Go mod app. Cinematic mode= Sport mode speed with silky smooth brake for better video result. Try it. Warning! Bracking distance very long!
2018-9-6
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

DJI Go mod app. Cinematic mode= Sport mode speed with silky smooth brake for better video result. Try it. Warning! Braking distance very long!
2018-9-6
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Luv flying in Sports Mode,, however just not good for filming,,,
2018-9-6
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-9-6 22:41
DJI Go mod app. Cinematic mode= Sport mode speed with silky smooth brake for better video result. Try it. Warning! Bracking distance very long!

What do you mean "Cinematic" mode...I'm not familiar with it???
2018-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules