23277 45 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_lq6CDgnyZd2v
lvl.1
Flight distance : 318215 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, simple question:
My camera gimbal has gone haywire. The camera is flicking up and down, and I get a gimbal motor overload error on my phone.
I've googled it and it seems terminal, but the drone is only 4 months old, so I've requested a repair on the DJI site, and today I have received my UPS shipping labels to send it back. I'm quite impressed with this so far to be honest.
My question is, what exactly do I send back? I saw on the website that it specifically says NOT to send the battery back, or the props, or the SD card, so that's OK, but what about the controller? should I send that too or keep it here?
Many thanks
Dave
2018-9-4
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

send drone only nothing else. wrap it in bubble wrap and dont send it in the original box ...you wont get it back ......
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Dave, just to verify, does the RC work well? If yes, please just send the drone in, no need to send the RC. If you encounter any other difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help.
2018-9-4
Use props
djiuser_lq6CDgnyZd2v
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-4 18:25
Hey Dave, just to verify, does the RC work well? If yes, please just send the drone in, no need to send the RC. If you encounter any other difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help.

Thanks Susan. The controller works just fine, so I will get the drone boxed up tonight.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_lq6CDgnyZd2v Posted at 2018-9-5 02:34
Thanks Susan. The controller works just fine, so I will get the drone boxed up tonight.

That's OK. The designated team will take care once the package arrived. Hope you can get the drone back into the air soon.
2018-9-5
Use props
DannyHa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259 ft

DJI provides good services, including the prompt reply from Susan (Admin). I support.
2018-9-5
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

I agree.. I sent my P4 in last month before I read about what to send back and they got everything back that came in the box when I first purchased it and I got everything back but there was another issue and just sent it back again but this time I only sent the ac and RC and forgot about the SD card still in it and sent it back in the original box I received it in. And I’m sure I’ll get back everything I sent and if not we’ll then I’ll be talking about it on here. Lol!
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-9-5 17:05
I agree.. I sent my P4 in last month before I read about what to send back and they got everything back that came in the box when I first purchased it and I got everything back but there was another issue and just sent it back again but this time I only sent the ac and RC and forgot about the SD card still in it and sent it back in the original box I received it in. And I’m sure I’ll get back everything I sent and if not we’ll then I’ll be talking about it on here. Lol!

Hi Harley, sorry to know there are other issues after getting it back from the repair center, may I have your case number so that we can remark in the case to send back the SD card? Thank you.
2018-9-5
Use props
djiuser_lq6CDgnyZd2v
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Well, I'm quite impressed. I had an email this morning to say that the drone would be repaired free of charge under warranty. I had another email about 2 hours later saying that it was in the post back to me.
Based on how long it took UPS to deliver it to you, I should have it back on Monday. This is excellent service.

My question though: how likely is this to happen again? Will you have fitted the same part as before, or has the fault been recognised and an upgraded part been fitted?
I ask because while I was Googling the issue, this does seem like a really common fault on the Mavic Pro.
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_lq6CDgnyZd2v Posted at 2018-9-13 09:39
Well, I'm quite impressed. I had an email this morning to say that the drone would be repaired free of charge under warranty. I had another email about 2 hours later saying that it was in the post back to me.
Based on how long it took UPS to deliver it to you, I should have it back on Monday. This is excellent service.

Thank you for the feedback. DJI is not stopping to improve its customer service. Rest assured that once our DJI repair team receives the drone they will check the entire drone to see where the issue is and fix it.
2018-9-13
Use props
djiuser_lq6CDgnyZd2v
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I got my drone back today. Actually, it wasn't the one I sent back, it's a brand new one. So less than two weeks from applying for a repair to receiving a replacement. All postage covered too.
I must admit, after past experiences with warranty repairs with other companies, I had visions of long arguments over the phone, letters going back and forth, and not seeing the drone for 6 months.
Nice one DJI!
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_lq6CDgnyZd2v Posted at 2018-9-17 10:19
I got my drone back today. Actually, it wasn't the one I sent back, it's a brand new one. So less than two weeks from applying for a repair to receiving a replacement. All postage covered too.
I must admit, after past experiences with warranty repairs with other companies, I had visions of long arguments over the phone, letters going back and forth, and not seeing the drone for 6 months.
Nice one DJI!

Glad to know you have received the drone and everything turns out to be great, we are working on improving our customer service, please test the flight performance and let us know if there is any other issue, hope you enjoy flying.
2018-9-17
Use props
fansff982087
New
Flight distance : 137717 ft
United States

Have to send my Phantom Pro4+ for a repair, due to the controller not taking the charge when plugged in and some more issues, like the aircraft is not stable during flight, hesitant, wonders around on its own and there's a significant lag when try to control it.
Anyway, besides the drone and the controller, do I have to send the AC cables and battery for the drone? Thanks!
2019-8-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansff982087 Posted at 8-5 16:04
Have to send my Phantom Pro4+ for a repair, due to the controller not taking the charge when plugged in and some more issues, like the aircraft is not stable during flight, hesitant, wonders around on its own and there's a significant lag when try to control it.
Anyway, besides the drone and the controller, do I have to send the AC cables and battery for the drone? Thanks!

Hello there, sorry for the troubles with the drone, you just need to send in the parts that need evaluate, no need to send in AC cable and battery if they are working great.
2019-8-6
Use props
Abishek Bangalore Muralikrishna
New

United States

Hi I forgot to take out the SD card from my drone before shipping it. How do I contact DJI about it. My case ID is CAS-5800595-W7N7X7.
2021-1-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Abishek Bangalore Muralikrishna Posted at 1-20 13:36
Hi I forgot to take out the SD card from my drone before shipping it. How do I contact DJI about it. My case ID is CAS-5800595-W7N7X7.

Hi Abishek, I'll forward your situation to the corresponding team, our team will take care of your case after receiving the package.
2021-1-20
Use props
djiuser_iu7OmGWiKGKz
lvl.1

United States

I’m trying to send back my drone for repair but it’s been a week or two and I have no idea what is supposed to happen. I can’t find an address to send it to. Am I supposed to receive a label or something?
2021-3-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_iu7OmGWiKGKz Posted at 3-25 06:46
I’m trying to send back my drone for repair but it’s been a week or two and I have no idea what is supposed to happen. I can’t find an address to send it to. Am I supposed to receive a label or something?

Hi there, I have replied to your post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 727&pid=2446529, thanks.
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_y2WQspaYGSW1
New

United States

to who do i sent it in too
2021-5-16
Use props
fansedea0d18
New
Flight distance : 187421 ft
United States

I think I messed up, I sent the battery (which seems operational but was the one involved in the crash) and the SD card alongside a scratched ND filter. What should I do? This is my case number CAS-6561720-Z3S3Z6
2021-6-14
Use props
djiuser_iTScjDLTuciu
New

United States

I keep reading don’t send the props when sending in for repair. Are we talking the spare props or do I need to remove mine before sending it in?
2021-6-22
Use props
djiuser_Eu0NP5NRXtCe
New

United States

Hello I am wondering. Is there a malfunction with the phantom pro 4s because I seen a couple different people reporting the same issues that my husband had the unfortunate disadvantage of when testing out our sons drone we saved up for a long time for and it to hesitate like it’s not in sync with controller and it didn’t function like it should have and one second later it hit. Tree and then ran straight into ground and continuing to act like it was flying but it was more like flopping smashing our sons graduation present he’s begged for for years that we finally saved and scraped enough up for all for it to wreck before our son got it his  high school graduation
2021-7-5
Use props
djiuser_Eu0NP5NRXtCe
New

United States

Plz don’t take me wrong we have thought Dji is the best drone since we seen the videos of them online and everything we love dji it just seems like there might be. Glitch or malfunction occurring
2021-7-5
Use props
zwim
lvl.1
United States

I sent my drone in to be fixed and they sent it back having the same exact problem I sent it in for.  I have spoken with around 10 representatives and they all have been unable to help me.  They say on the service inquiry that they are fixing your drone, but they are either lying or don't know how to fix it.  I still have a drone that doesn't work.  Very Sad!!!!   I thought they were a better company than this.
2021-7-13
Use props
djiuser_JS7re7k3IhMu
New
United States

I sent in my drone for repair. What is the process ? Will they email after looking it over or do I have to check on the website? Wondering
2021-10-29
Use props
djiuser_gyM15i2O8JI5
New

Australia

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-9-4 10:56
send drone only nothing else. wrap it in bubble wrap and dont send it in the original box ...you wont get it back ......

wrap the drone in bubble wrap or the box?
2022-12-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_gyM15i2O8JI5 Posted at 12-8 04:12
wrap the drone in bubble wrap or the box?

Hi there. Please pack your equipment safely including additional protection such as bubble wrap and packing peanuts. When you send the device, please do not include any product accessories, such as chargers, tuning stands, micro SD cards, cables, etc. unless explicitly instructed by DJI support staff to do so. Please do not include any non-DJI equipment, such as aircraft third-party accessories, third-party cases, SD cards, or third-party transmitters. Please do not use the original box. Thank you.
2022-12-8
Use props
djiuser_7FzwCJfRmZoB
New
Flight distance : 31857 ft
United Kingdom

Hello I had small crash with my drone not long after having it which resulted in the gimble slightly tilting to the left so had the repeatedly recalibrate it so fast forward to just recently I recently updated the firmware and recalibrated the gimble which seems to have sorted it but after updating the firmware I now have gimble calibration error come up I’ve got to send my drone to The Netherlands to be fixed I’ve got the UPS returns sticker but no commercial invoice what do I do and how do I go about getting it sorted so don’t lose my drone intransit there and back and what things do I need to send back I’m a bit anxious
2022-12-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_7FzwCJfRmZoB Posted at 12-19 16:23
Hello I had small crash with my drone not long after having it which resulted in the gimble slightly tilting to the left so had the repeatedly recalibrate it so fast forward to just recently I recently updated the firmware and recalibrated the gimble which seems to have sorted it but after updating the firmware I now have gimble calibration error come up I’ve got to send my drone to The Netherlands to be fixed I’ve got the UPS returns sticker but no commercial invoice what do I do and how do I go about getting it sorted so don’t lose my drone intransit there and back and what things do I need to send back I’m a bit anxious

Hi there. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I was able to pull up your case using your DJI Forum account, after thorough checking, the team has sent you an email notification regarding the commercial invoice instruction. We'll see to it that the team will be helping you with that. Thank you for your patience.
2022-12-20
Use props
djiuser_hC29nSpUWSIQ
lvl.1

United States

I am packing my P4 up to send to DJI for repairs. First, do I send it in the DJI styrofoam case, as well as a box with packing, or should I just send the drone alone in a box with packing?  Also, I lost one of the props in the crash. Can I send in the other 3 props & get 4 new ones? The other 3 got pretty scuffed up in the crash.
Thanks,
Tim Davis
Case # CAS-11580938-T4T7N9
2023-1-13
Use props
djiuser_hC29nSpUWSIQ
lvl.1

United States

I am packing my P4 up to send to DJI for repairs. First, do I send it in the DJI styrofoam case, as well as a box with packing, or should I just send the drone alone in a box with packing?  Also, I lost one of the props in the crash. Can I send in the other 3 props & get 4 new ones? The other 3 got pretty scuffed up in the crash.
Thanks,
Tim Davis
Case # CAS-11580938-T4T7N9
2023-1-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_hC29nSpUWSIQ Posted at 1-13 15:44
I am packing my P4 up to send to DJI for repairs. First, do I send it in the DJI styrofoam case, as well as a box with packing, or should I just send the drone alone in a box with packing?  Also, I lost one of the props in the crash. Can I send in the other 3 props & get 4 new ones? The other 3 got pretty scuffed up in the crash.
Thanks,
Tim Davis

Hi Tim. Thank you for your inquiry. Do not only use the original packaging for shipping, always use a proper over box when returning goods. (For DJI products, we advise using original packing and a rigid box with flaps intact outside). Always use a solid box and strong tape. Do not use an envelope to ship back goods. Please send back the components mentioned on the “Repair Service” application page. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2023-1-16
Use props
MagoLione
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27231 ft
Italy

Hy, i have to send my drone because the gimbal is broken. I recived the email by dji assistance with the istruction but i dont undestant what is the "proof of the purchase" is that I have to insert in the package. What should I insert?

In addition, I have another question, do you recommend using the original box in another box or anything else?

Thanks in advance
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

MagoLione Posted at 2-5 06:17
Hy, i have to send my drone because the gimbal is broken. I recived the email by dji assistance with the istruction but i dont undestant what is the "proof of the purchase" is that I have to insert in the package. What should I insert?

In addition, I have another question, do you recommend using the original box in another box or anything else?

Hello, MagoLione. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the problem. You may include a copy of the proof of purchase inside the package. Ensure there're NO STICKERS or MARKINGS on the packing box. If you were going to re-use the original packing box that DJI sent you, please make sure to peel off all the stickers on it. Do NOT use boxes identified for chemical or army use. Otherwise, UPS will reject the package. I hope this answers your query. Should you have further concerns, please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2023-2-5
Use props
djiuser_pyOBz2wUGk2N
New
United States

I need help it am about to send my Dji mini 3 pro to repair since cause when I was trying to unscrew the propellers I stripped the screws and can’t come off do I send the rc controller and batteries too?
2023-7-15
Use props
djiuser_H6WGgkr0wqYn
New
Flight distance : 16329 ft
United States

I sent my mini 3 pro to get repaired on 6/23/2023. It’s is now 8/1/2023 and I have still not received any updates on when I can get my drone back. Definitely not satisfied with how long it’s taking. They warned me that it could take up to a month but it’s been well over a month of waiting and I still don’t have a quote for how much I have to pay if at all.
2023-8-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_H6WGgkr0wqYn Posted at 8-1 15:09
I sent my mini 3 pro to get repaired on 6/23/2023. It’s is now 8/1/2023 and I have still not received any updates on when I can get my drone back. Definitely not satisfied with how long it’s taking. They warned me that it could take up to a month but it’s been well over a month of waiting and I still don’t have a quote for how much I have to pay if at all.

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out, and we apologize for any delay that has caused inconvenience. I was able to pull up your repair case through your forum account, and the relevant team has sent communications regarding the status as well as the quotation. I have sent you a private message to verify some information. I hope to hear from you soon.
2023-8-2
Use props
djiuser_IwHVhSrI3mtf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1046457 ft

United States

So if  the problem I’m sending my Air 2s in for doesn’t have to do with a battery or controller I don’t need to send them in?
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_IwHVhSrI3mtf Posted at 9-3 16:14
So if  the problem I’m sending my Air 2s in for doesn’t have to do with a battery or controller I don’t need to send them in?

Hi there, if the battery and controller are working well, you don't need to send them in.
2023-9-4
Use props
djiuser_IwHVhSrI3mtf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1046457 ft

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-4 07:27
Hi there, if the battery and controller are working well, you don't need to send them in.

Thanks for the clarification!
2023-9-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules