1634 15 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

Hello all,

I recently started getting this message "It has been less than 48 hours since you activated PHANTOM 4" but this phantom was activated almost two years ago.  The message is offering me DJI care.  Why would I be getting this message every time I boot my Phantom 4.  I also have a Phamtom 4 Pro and it's about 6 months old and I do not get this message on it.  Anyone know why I get this message on my P4 and how to stop it?

Thanks,

--Jim
Burbank, CA
2018-9-4
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Go ahead and purchase.  That should stop it for sure.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jim, we're sorry for the troubles. May I have your aircraft SN, DJI account and the screenshot of prompted message for better assistance? We'd like to check the exact status.
2018-9-4
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-4 18:32
Hi Jim, we're sorry for the troubles. May I have your aircraft SN, DJI account and the screenshot of prompted message for better assistance? We'd like to check the exact status.

image1.png

THe other information you requested is in a private message to you.

THanks,

--Jim
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jim Watkins Posted at 2018-9-5 10:41
[view_image]

THe other information you requested is in a private message to you.

Hi Jim, sorry that Susan is not online at the moment, this issue has been forwarded to the related team to look into, we will keep you updated once we hear anything from our engineers, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-9-5
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
United States

Any news on this?  I am still getting this message every time.

--Jim
2018-9-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jim Watkins Posted at 2018-9-15 08:21
Any news on this?  I am still getting this message every time.

--Jim

Hi Jim, we still haven't received the news from our engineers, we will verify again on Monday and come back to you soon, thanks for your patience.
2018-9-15
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
United States

Still waiting for an answer on this.  The message continues every time even though the P4 was purchased over two years ago.  Please advise.

--Jim

2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Good day Jim. I am sorry for the long wait. As of the moment, we still have no update on our engineers. Once an update is given rest assure we will notify you at once. Thank you for your patience.
2018-9-21
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
United States

I am still getting this message on a Phantom I've owned for years.  Still now answers?

--Jim
(Burbank, CA)
2018-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jim Watkins Posted at 11-17 14:06
I am still getting this message on a Phantom I've owned for years.  Still now answers?

Sorry to have kept you waiting, we are still waiting for the update from our engineers, may I have your current DJI Go 4 APP version? Does the message pop up again when updating to the latest version?
2018-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jim Watkins Posted at 11-17 14:06
I am still getting this message on a Phantom I've owned for years.  Still now answers?

Hi Jim, please refresh the firmware of the drone and then re-install the DJI Go 4 APP to try again, the APP maybe recognize the wrong model or something like that, thank you.
2018-11-19
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-19 04:48
Hi Jim, please refresh the firmware of the drone and then re-install the DJI Go 4 APP to try again, the APP maybe recognize the wrong model or something like that, thank you.

Here is what I have tried so far;  I refreshed the firmware.  I downgraded the firmware.  I upgraded the firmware.  I have tried it with a different controller.  I have tried it with a different iPad.  No matter what, I always get this message.  

What this tells me is that the issue is within the bird itself.  It is not the remote and it is not the iPad.  And whatever is causing this, is unaffected by the firmware version.

Now, this is a very, very minor issue, nevertheless, it isn't normal either.  So, I am still interested in what is causing this and how to eliminate it.

--Jim
(Burbank, CA)
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jim Watkins Posted at 11-30 13:08
Here is what I have tried so far;  I refreshed the firmware.  I downgraded the firmware.  I upgraded the firmware.  I have tried it with a different controller.  I have tried it with a different iPad.  No matter what, I always get this message.  

What this tells me is that the issue is within the bird itself.  It is not the remote and it is not the iPad.  And whatever is causing this, is unaffected by the firmware version.

Thanks for the clarification. The team is trying to locate the exact status and we'll keep following up.
2018-11-30
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
United States

Still no answer?
2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jim, sorry for keep you waiting. Our engineers have located the exact status and they will fix it soon.
2019-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules