First Flight completed
519 4 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

I have many more flights around my immediate yard and area before I do anything crazy.   It's my way of getting to know a new aircraft before I fly it off away from me.   So far-- everything is wonderful.   I saw no signs of the quirky behavior that I saw when I would fly my Mavic 1 directly towards the sun, etc.   The aircraft feels very very sturdy, very stable.   I intentionally approached objects to trigger the obstacle avoidance and it worked flawlessly.  

More flights around my house to come.   I call these trust-building flights.   I need to trust the aircraft.    Trust building commencing!

*as I stated before -- I do terribly miss the precision landing.   I hope they add it back in.
2018-9-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you tried RTH ?
2018-9-4
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Yes, from a very short range (edge of my yard lol).   It works great!   I would like it better with the precision landing but it gets it back to where I can land it myself.  
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for sharing one of your experience using your Mavic, Cheers!
2018-9-5
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

So I have performed the following trust building exercises:
-- flying it to an adjacent field and initiating RTH
-- Flying it at a greater distance
-- flying it directly into the sun to ensure the obstacle avoidance isn't accidentally triggered
-- flying back to the adjacent field and then turning off my controller to simulate a lost connection.  

In every single case the Mavic 2 performed as it should with no unexpected behaviors.   It's rock solid so far!
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules