So bummed.
677 5 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TuxMan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189728 ft

Crashed my P4 Advanced.   It went left when i thought it was going right.  Cracked the lower landing assembly.  Off to DJI for repair.  So disappointed in myself. Hopefully not too expensive of a fix.  
2018-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha TuxMan,

We feel your pain.  Flying with sticks is not always easy.  The DJI GO 4 app does have a "Simulator" program that requires the Phantom and Remote Controller to be on, but it does help you build up your flying reflexes.  Try that for a battery or two (and they last a long time because the blades are off and the motors do not turn) so you can feel more comfortable with the sticks.  Be sure to try the sticks when the Phantom is facing you so you can see how to fly with the sticks backward and it is less confusing.

When you are looking out the camera in Live View, the sticks work the same way no matter which way you are facing.  But, when you are looking directly at the Phantom, your stick movements will change depending on whether the Phantom is facing you or not.

You can also look up ATTI Mode in the manual and try flying in ATTI mode.  But be careful, none of the DJI Intelligent Flight benefits are available in ATTI  Mode.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am the same, i am forever hitting right stick when it should be left stick.....
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi TuxMan, I'm sorry to read the crash. Please kindly send the unit in at your earliest convenience. the designated team will take care once the package arrived. As for the repair cost, the team will do the damage assessment and offer you a proper solution, you may visit this link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2018-9-4
Use props
TuxMan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189728 ft

@Cetacean - Thanks for the advice. I have not tried that feature but certainly will practice more.  I've been flying for about 2 months now and thought I had it under control.  Most practice was out in the field.  

@DJI Susan - Already sent in.

So let me ask you this, The P4 Advanced is a bigger and bulkier unit.  Would the Mavic Air or Pro be less susceptible to damage from crashes?  Looks like their camera is more protected and less hardware to get damaged.
2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Uff sorry to read that.
I hope that you will fix it soon and that it won’t be expensive to fix.

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules