Strange Obstacle Avoidance - High Altitude
636 8 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quade
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322871 ft
Canada

I had some strange behaviour today with my Spark. I was flying in an open space and way above or close to trees.

I was intermittently getting the obstacle avoidance beeping and the Spark would not advance. I didn't actually see the message, just a quick flash on the screen with the beeping.

Thoughts?

Q
2018-9-4
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Maybe dirty sensor on the front?....  I would do a IMU and compass calibration just to be safe..
2018-9-4
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

This happens a lot in early morning or late afternoon when you might be headed towards the sun.  Just rotate 180 degrees and keep on in the same direction...
2018-9-4
Use props
ViPatrik
lvl.3
Sweden

Birds? Birds are very interested about this little stuff, what is buzzing like a big bug. Usually 4-5 birds are always flying around my spark until they find out, they can´t eat it...
2018-9-4
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

ViPatrik Posted at 2018-9-4 21:11
Birds? Birds are very interested about this little stuff, what is buzzing like a big bug. Usually 4-5 birds are always flying around my spark until they find out, they can´t eat it...

2018-9-5
Use props
Quade
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322871 ft
France

ViPatrik Posted at 2018-9-4 21:11

Could be..but didn't see anything close by...I'll try again today...
2018-9-5
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

9 times out of 10 the problem is flying into the sun
2018-9-5
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3

My money is on glare from the sun.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience. Regarding with chances for that could be the sun glare just like the previous post said and as well as some birds.
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules