Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
User Rights Adjustment Announcement
1234Next >
19182 139 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KEJ
First Officer

United Kingdom

I understand why you are doing this, however the reason sometimes people come to this site initially is to post or look for an answer with an issue.
So if a new drone comes to the market place an existing forum user might purchase it and discovered a new issue or problem - fine.

But likewise, new drone hits the market place and a new user may purchase the drone and discover a new issue(as it might have new functionality or equipment) which then might prove to be frustrating for them if they cannot voice their concerns.

2018-9-22
Use props
Schmooit
Captain
Flight distance : 596442 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjashton Posted at 2018-9-19 06:47
Yeah this.

The forum has become a private club for existing users and alienates new users who can't post their issues and so won't bother to hang around. This is the beginning of the end as people drift away and aren't replaced by new blood.

I kind of agree with this too what really needs to happen is that new posts in that level cannot add links to external sites and maybe if there were a bank of moderators (granted there will be a lot of new posts but the group would still be small as they would only be in a group of people with 40 of less points.

Perhaps in exchange for some credit or discounts in the DJI store or maybe some insider preview of new tech some of the first officers or captains could act as moderator who release the posts and act as a human filter?

They could be directed at random to each moderator and if not reviewed within a said period of time it gets bounced to another (new users would understand a slight lag in their posts but at least they could then have a voice which would benefit us all).

It would be interesting to know how many new users and new posts are being created with links in them as most of the spam I see always has a link or you tube video link trying to grab views!

Its a step in the right direction though, or maybe if we all do report it the posts could just be deleted automatically after more than 3 reports for user with less 40 points?
2018-9-23
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>

Great way of dealing with an issue.   Thanks for thinking thru.   We’ll let you know how it goes :-)
2018-9-24
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>

djiuser_eCfhQWgWiaqf Posted at 2018-9-18 16:52
I was hoping to see a response to this. I’m a brand new member, and though I don’t want to create any new posts at this time, I would love to see an explanation of how one earns points and if there is a way to check my points in my account?

It’s all in the forum rules......
https://forum.dji.com/thread-96-1-1.html

See number XV
2018-9-24
Use props
bjashton
lvl.4
Flight distance : 245869 ft
United Kingdom

Please can DJI respond addressing our concerns about excluding new users.
2018-9-24
Use props
Sam Drucker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 424691 ft

Thank you folks so much. They were completely annoying.
2018-9-26
Use props
Sam Drucker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 424691 ft

Tentoes Posted at 2018-9-12 06:22
hehe

So how are you going to keep guys like me out to maintain forum quality?

They will ban you completely.
2018-9-26
Use props
Prairie Chicken
First Officer
Flight distance : 47409 ft
Canada

Tentoes Posted at 2018-9-12 06:22
hehe

So how are you going to keep guys like me out to maintain forum quality?

"No shirt, no shoes, no service."
2018-9-26
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 173889 ft
United States

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-9-26 21:18
"No shirt, no shoes, no service."

Your computer knows and reports!
2018-9-27
Use props
M4veric17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 519582 ft
France

Looks like i've been registering here too recently. Yes, i'm a new user and discover these new posting rules that seems kinda much restrictive IMHO. Especially the one saying that you have to reach 40 points before being allowed to create a thread. I mean, i came here for sharing some printscreens i made with the DJI Go app in order to help newbies like le that might me interested in having all menus available at one glance. And then i started registering in the forum like :

- validating my mail (ok, sounds fair)
- providing a username (still no big deal here)
- challenging with providing an avatar (many of my tries actually failed without explaining why, and no information that i could easily find regarding avatar size/format required...)
- reading the [OLD] Forum Regulations thread/rules (yes, it's the old one that you are redirected too when your registration is validated :/)
- understanding that there has been some changes, and finally reading the new Forum Rules and Regulations plus this specific thread explaining User Rights Adjustments

To be honest, at some point, i almost consider it might be easier for me to register at NSA or CIA.

Anyway, although i can understand how spammers can be a pain due to their forums polluting, i'm not sure that drastically complicating registration should be the better solution.
As it was already said, you might lose valuable users in this community by doing so, discouraged by the hassle of just starting to help others. And also, making legit users with issue having
so much steps before being able to definitely not sounds like a proper end-user support if you're asking me.

I personally think the number of points for being able to start a new thread shoud rather be around 20. And of course, simply ban all spammers too !
2018-9-28
Use props
bjashton
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI - Are you going to respond to the legitimate concerns about this change?
2018-9-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 548997 ft
United Kingdom

Folks thinks its so much better but that is because they are not reading every post, all of the spam is now in peoples posts, so weve gone from an untidy forum to peopels posts being spammed, at least when it was the forum itself, you knew where the spam was, you could see it, now its in poeples posts, not everyone sees it, not everyone understands its evena  spam post, i reported 4 replies yesterday yet folks had carried on replying to the post like there was nothing there lol. A lot more spam will now be hidden and not dealt with.

Not only that, people with a genuine need for help will miss out,  because when they ask for help on someone elses thread, they get asked to post their own.... as seen here just this morning, just came back to edit this lol

You need more moderators to clean up the spam and helping on the forum when  other mods are in bed or busy in their daily lives, thus not restricting the very people that need help.....
PS, having mods from various timezones is the way to go, i mean around the world, next next door....
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
Hong Kong

bjashton Posted at 2018-9-7 08:34
Please can you confirm...Someone new cannot post a new thread but they can reply to existing people's threads?
How does a new person reach lvl.1 in order to post a new thread?

Hi, new users can post reply under other threads to get enough points. Thank you!
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
Hong Kong

bjashton Posted at 2018-9-7 08:41
I think this is the real problem. Nobody is reviewing and dealing with spam reports. Therefore people stop reporting them and the situation just gets worse.

You can still report it if you find any spam in the reply.Thank you!
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Mister Pink Posted at 2018-9-18 10:24
Great, so I have a technical issue with my new Mavic but I can't post because I don't have enough points because DJI aren't good at moderating and detecting spambots?

You can post your problem by replying to other threads and our dedicated colleagues will help you.
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
Hong Kong

djiuser_eCfhQWgWiaqf Posted at 2018-9-18 16:52
I was hoping to see a response to this. I’m a brand new member, and though I don’t want to create any new posts at this time, I would love to see an explanation of how one earns points and if there is a way to check my points in my account?

Yes, you can post reply to get points and check your points in your personal homepage.Thank you!
2018-9-29
Use props
bjashton
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Forum admin Posted at 2018-9-29 22:34
You can post your problem by replying to other threads and our dedicated colleagues will help you.

So new users have to hijack someone else's post in order to post an issue / question?
Seriously?
2018-9-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

I've read this thread thoroughly, but - for some reason - I have no idea what it is about. Yes, I know the definition of the spam, but didn't noticed many on this forum, despite my rank. Hardly a plague, unless I'm missing something here.
2018-9-30
Use props
bornstar1713
lvl.1

India

Excellent decision, thank you!
2018-10-1
Use props
Moggy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 577 ft
United Kingdom

Hi just bought the spark everytime I switch it on I have to scan the barcode is this correct or or am I doing something wrong thanks
2018-10-2
Use props
NewFlyer2018
lvl.1

Canada

Of course DJI must realize that by doing this, new users are blocked from posting questions in a new thread. Which is probably moot anyway because I wouldn't know how to retrieve any responses to what a completely new person to both mobile devices and drones would want to ask. Just another example of assuming "well everyone knows that".
2018-10-2
Use props
acharya35
lvl.1

India

Thanks !!  it is a good solution
2018-10-5
Use props
Ehsancgfx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 92257 ft
Bangladesh

It will prevents spams. Good job
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Hi all, due to system adjustments, the "New" group has been changed to 0~20 points. Welcome to report spam and  let's work together to matain a rich-content forum!
2018-10-8
Use props
djiuser_Km9Nd9Ca3185
lvl.1

Philippines

Hello.. Thank you for your hard work finally it's now better .. It's not log to my Desktop anymore.
2018-10-9
Use props
Tomcatuk
First Officer
Flight distance : 28733 ft

Never noticed any spams so you must be catching them quick....
2018-10-10
Use props
gamer100
lvl.1

United States

really wow what should we do ??
2018-10-10
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Forum admin Posted at 2018-9-29 22:28
Hi, new users can post reply under other threads to get enough points. Thank you!

Should work fine.  Points accumulate fast.
2018-10-10
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Forum admin Posted at 2018-9-29 22:30
You can still report it if you find any spam in the reply.Thank you!

Thanks, but I'd still like to see some "action" on the spammers I've reported.
2018-10-10
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Forum admin Posted at 2018-9-29 22:34

I'd prefer that you refer NEW participants to the Chat or email in Support.  Hijacking a thread isn't fair to OP's who have earned the post privilege.
2018-10-10
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

bjashton Posted at 2018-9-30 08:18
So new users have to hijack someone else's post in order to post an issue / question?
Seriously?

I agree.  But I nicely refer them to Support/Chat... get's them in the habit of asking DJI directly, at least until they earn enough experience to post here :-)
2018-10-10
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Moggy Posted at 2018-10-2 12:45
Hi just bought the spark everytime I switch it on I have to scan the barcode is this correct or or am I doing something wrong thanks

Not to worry.  Simply click through and enter the number "by hand"
2018-10-10
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Forum admin Posted at 2018-10-8 19:50
Hi all, due to system adjustments, the "New" group has been changed to 0~20 points. Welcome to report spam and  let's work together to matain a rich-content forum!

Agree.  Thanks for listening.
2018-10-10
Use props
janetwatson
lvl.1

Pakistan

nice post, thanks for the info
2018-10-11
Use props
Packer Backer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 214033 ft
United States

Here's to hoping it works ..  "raises glass".

This is reminiscent of all those years I played MMORPGS and the gold sellers.  Those mods and developers did all they could do short of just closing the games down. All I can say is if there they have gotten any traction at all on their spam posts they will find away to push through. While it may be futile I do applaud the effort!.
2018-10-11
Use props
jamespal
lvl.1

India

Thanks, i will follow these things, new user here
2018-10-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 3431713 ft

But a lot of the spam is in old topics, hidden as answer to long, long not touched posts.
2018-10-16
Use props
62+
First Officer
Flight distance : 515603 ft
South Africa

Glad about this
2018-10-16
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 1563602 ft
Spain

under attack again .. lost of spam now into trheads ...

all spam reported .... but nothing change
2018-10-23
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 1563602 ft
Spain

https://forum.dji.com/thread-162634-1-1.html
2018-10-23
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced