DJI just told me batteries will NOT ship to UK
4959 28 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gooseman 2old
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733829 ft
United Kingdom

Just had an email from dji saying they cannot ship my Fly More order as 'local regulations' will not allow. But doesn't say why the battery was allowed with the M2P? And how will I get one, as if I can't get one, then the suppliers and outlets in the UK can't get them either, right? Same rule HAVE to apply.
I'm incredulous. I might as well send it back as it's pretty much unusable with one battery.

Quote:
As per thoroughly checking your order, we regret to inform that your order has included the battery which your local regulations have prohibited for the battery shipment.

2018-9-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Post that email?

Lots of people have had flymore packages delivered from DJI and resellers.

(and have done for years with the other drones).

Yes its lithium, some couriers wont accept (royal mail etc) but DHL and bigger ones will.
I suspect the real reason is they've run out.
2018-9-5
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Junrey (Support)
Sep 5, 18:08 CST

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting DJI Customer Support.

This is regarding your current order.
We understand that you have a shipment concern with your order.

As per thoroughly checking your order, we regret to inform that your order has included the battery which your local regulations have prohibited for the battery shipment.

Please note that we have canceled the order to ensure the order management. You will receive the amount via the same method used to make the purchase. You may expect for the refund to be posted back to your account within 5-14 business days or depending on your Banks processing timeframe.

We know that this is sound frustrating since we realize that this situation is difficult as we are not able to provide you an option for this matter. If I were in your position, I think I’d feel just as you do.

We thank you for your kind understanding.
If there's anything else I can do for you, don't hesitate to let me know.
You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded. If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.

Best Regards
Junrey
DJI Customer Support
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI
2018-9-5
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've asked them to send me Return Forms. Not because I want to give it back, but the make them look for a solution. It's preposterous that they cannot find a way to ship batteries in. DHL delivered the one in the box a week or so ago FFS. The box has two stickers, "DHL lithium batteries Section II accepted, and a UN3481 sticker with a little battery icon.
2018-9-5
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

That's weird. I ordered my flymore from amazon and sold by DJI Europe. It was shipped about 5 days after order and is currently in transit with DHL. There's that option for you.
2018-9-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Unless it was the choice of courier option i think the customer service hasnt got a clue what its doing.
Order off Amazon (which is DJIs shop). It'll arrive.

They have big stock issues currently which i suspect is the real reason.
2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

That’s really strange that they won’t ship to UK!

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-9-5
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-5 02:32
Unless it was the choice of courier option i think the customer service hasnt got a clue what its doing.

I just had a look at the Amazon dji shop, they don't even list the Mavic 2!  
2018-9-5
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-5 02:32

Had a chat with DHL and they said it's not UK reg's it's DHL regs. So you are right. The customer service rep is being a bit irresponsible. Id be interested to see what the dji mods here have to say!
UPDATE
Just had an email back from them saying 'sorry for the confusion'. What they meant was that the one extra battery I ordered, on top of the Fly More is the one they cannot send. Which is better, but still odd. I wanted 4 batteries in total, one with the drone, two in the Fly More and an extra.

I have been strident in my rebuke.  I will press for a possible release date.
2018-9-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

That also sounds odd.  DHL deliver flymore (with 2 batteries).  The extra battery alone is still packaged and sealed so safe to travel with.  I still reckon its because they've run out.
People order single batteries all the time!
2018-9-5
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Gooseman 2old Posted at 2018-9-5 02:47
I just had a look at the Amazon dji shop, they don't even list the Mavic 2!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DJI-Qua ... eywords=mavic+2+pro
2018-9-5
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-5 02:58
That also sounds odd.  DHL deliver flymore (with 2 batteries).  The extra battery alone is still packaged and sealed so safe to travel with.  I still reckon its because they've run out.
People order single batteries all the time!

Apparently the batteries cannot be shipped alone (still confusing). The DHL rep told me if it was a computer, the battery would have to be 'inside' the computer. As I recall the battery with the M2P was in the drone when it arrived. I guess the rule has been circumvented for the Fly More as  the batteries are within the 'goods'.
I dunno.  It is all v weird.
2018-9-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Its also not the case as shipping is batteries must be fitted OR in their original packaging.

They're also not naked batteries - they're inside the case with all the control circuitry with no contacts directly exposed around that.  

People have ordered batteries all the time off DJI, DigitalRev and other cross continent suppliers and they arrive w/o issue.  Im still thinking they've run out.
2018-9-5
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks!  I see it , I also see the 'currently unavailable' Fly More. I'll have a look see if the sell the batteries alone.
Local pro shops I use are saying 4 to 6 freaking weeks. Gah!
2018-9-5
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Gooseman 2old Posted at 2018-9-5 03:15
Thanks!  I see it , I also see the 'currently unavailable' Fly More. I'll have a look see if the sell the batteries alone.

I couldn't find the batteries, shame the flymore is out of stock, probably best pre order with heliguy which are due in on the 30th.
2018-9-5
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-5 03:14
Its also not the case as shipping is batteries must be fitted OR in their original packaging.

They're also not naked batteries - they're inside the case with all the control circuitry with no contacts directly exposed around that.  

I think you are right, as the delay indicates for the Fly More. My local pro supplier chain are all saying 4 to 6 freaking weeks. I don't know how much more I can take of fly for 30 minutes (I wish), go home and charge for an hour!
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Gooseman 2old, I managed to get your order number via the forum info, and checking the exact status with the sales team. We'll keep you updated on the latest progress. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-9-5
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

I even tried to buy batteries alone (without the Appliance) from UK to Malta for other items (not Drones it was a Vacuum Cordless Cleaner) and the UK Customs Office won't send them, I think they think they are some sort of Threat or Bombs.. Who knows...

Even Couriers will stop accepting sending Batteries to Europe. Had to send them to a UK Hub and Overland to Italy and by Sea from Genova to Malta. Complicated right...? Althought this method saved me a lot of money.

Unfortunately from UK I am finding lots of trouble buying. Other countries in the EU don't have all these Problems.
2018-9-5
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-9-5 03:39
I even tried to buy batteries alone (without the Appliance) from UK to Malta for other items (not Drones it was a Vacuum Cordless Cleaner) and the UK Customs Office won't send them, I think they think they are some sort of Threat or Bombs.. Who knows...

Even Couriers will stop accepting sending Batteries to Europe. Had to send them to a UK Hub and Overland to Italy and by Sea from Genova to Malta. Complicated right...? Althought this method saved me a lot of money.

Tell me about it.
I have to carry all my cameras'/monitors'/recorders'/lights' batteries with me on my flights. That's around twenty batteries. If anyone ever thought to weigh my carry on I'd never get on board. It's a real problem, living on an island.
Probably get even worse once Brexit kicks in.
2018-9-5
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.2
United Kingdom

**ANOTHER UPDATE**

I just got another email from Junrey to say he/she is very sorry and that the Fly More kit will be in the UK warehouse on Friday, but nothing about the extra battery.

Hats off though, there was a serious apology and much contrition was evident.

Talk about a roller coaster ride. I'm not sure if this has happened because I stomped my feet and went a bit hissy on them, or because they genuinely did make a mistake. It must be pandemonium in Casa DJI right now.

Or, they found out I'd just dropped £218.00 on pre order for two batteries from Heliguy!
2018-9-5
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Gooseman 2old Posted at 2018-9-5 03:47
Tell me about it.
I have to carry all my cameras'/monitors'/recorders'/lights' batteries with me on my flights. That's around twenty batteries. If anyone ever thought to weigh my carry on I'd never get on board. It's a real problem, living on an island.
Probably get even worse once Brexit kicks in.

You are right Mate, although Security is one important issue to keep in mind, there should be a Service via Couriers that if some items are Dangerous or Prohibited, they make the necessary arragements to send them by Sea, it will lengthen the process but not tell the Customer, ''NO THOSE ARE PROHIBITED ITEMS''.

I think they Courier Companies are trying to cut corners, and rush for the Easy Money...

Anyways there is a Work Around as I explained in the previous post, but for some it maybe a bit of a Complicated Hassle.

Cheers Mate ! Nice talking to You !

2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Gooseman 2old Posted at 2018-9-5 07:48
**ANOTHER UPDATE**

I just got another email from Junrey to say he/she is very sorry and that the Fly More kit will be in the UK warehouse on Friday, but nothing about the extra battery.

Hi John, I checked your concern with our Sales Team and found out that the Mavic 2 Fly More Kit and the extra batteries you ordered will be shipped separately. Since there's a delay because of the batteries being restricted, I've escalated your order to our Logistics Team for further handling. Once they shipped the items, you should receive an email with the tracking number. Hope for your patience.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Gooseman 2old, we have verified with the sales team, the battery is just not allowed to be shipped from China separately, we will ship from UK warehouse, the Mavic 2 Fly More Kit is estimated to be shipped this week, and the battery is estimated to be shipped next week if everything goes smoothly, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-9-5
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-5 22:51
Hi Gooseman 2old, we have verified with the sales team, the battery is just not allowed to be shipped from China separately, we will ship from UK warehouse, the Mavic 2 Fly More Kit is estimated to be shipped this week, and the battery is estimated to be shipped next week if everything goes smoothly, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Well that doesn't make sense either.  You said the battery will ship later, but I have just had itdelivered, but no sign of the Fly More.  Any ideas when this will be delivered?

J
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Gooseman 2old Posted at 2018-9-11 05:58
Well that doesn't make sense either.  You said the battery will ship later, but I have just had itdelivered, but no sign of the Fly More.  Any ideas when this will be delivered?

J

Sorry about this. I'm checking the exact status with the team and will help you get an update soon.
2018-9-12
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-12 01:42
Sorry about this. I'm checking the exact status with the team and will help you get an update soon.

Hi
everything is delivered now, which makes me think you need to have a meeting to determine what exactly is the case with batteries into the UK
I have to say, the whole process of buying direct from Shenzhen has been a nightmare and I'll never do it again, preferring to use a highly recommended approved reseller.

As an aside. Is there a 'feature request' thread anywhere, where owners can ask for specific features to be added to the G04? I have an idea that might not be hard to implement.
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Gooseman 2old Posted at 2018-9-22 07:51
Hi
everything is delivered now, which makes me think you need to have a meeting to determine what exactly is the case with batteries into the UK
I have to say, the whole process of buying direct from Shenzhen has been a nightmare and I'll never do it again, preferring to use a highly recommended approved reseller.

We are sorry again for all the inconvenience that has been caused. Your experience was noted and forwarded to the proper team, we'll keep improving the service both in pre-sales and aftersales.
We appreciate any suggestions and feedback on our product. You can go to Mavic column to start a new thread, send email to support@dji.com or fill a product suggestion on DJI GO 4 app (DJI GO 4 > Me > DJI Support > Product Suggestion). Thank you.
2018-9-22
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

LiPo batteries are subject to serious restrictions when being shipped. One of the most important factors is the TOTAL mAh's ......

This affects not only the OP's order - but with orders for other gear .... try ordering ordinary LiPo's from  Hobby King International ............. as a EU resident - it is only viable via EU warehouse.

That's the crux : If shipped from a EU supplier - then you can order a reasonable number of LiPo's - but if from outside EU - the total mAh of the order is the killer.

Remember Courier services use Air for shipping ... and each Civil Aviation authority has strict rules about LiPo's especially when they are being shipped as part of a sales order. That means they are carried in cargo space ..... unlike your carry on.

Nigel
2018-9-24
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.2
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2018-9-24 05:54
LiPo batteries are subject to serious restrictions when being shipped. One of the most important factors is the TOTAL mAh's ......

This affects not only the OP's order - but with orders for other gear .... try ordering ordinary LiPo's from  Hobby King International ............. as a EU resident - it is only viable via EU warehouse.

Thanks for this. It seems to me there's some difference between the regulations and what the UK delivery providers offer.  I had my M2P delivered by DHL. I discussed it with them and they told me about their regulations. I guess the batteries I ordered (2 in the Fly More and a third (to give me four) came under different reg's.
I don't know what's going on. Assuming they all come from Shenzhen, and HeliGuy is supplying two more, and DJI got me my FlyMore and the third battery AFTER being told I couldn't have them, Guess there's a way to get them within the reg's. But even DJI contradicted themselves over this issue, several times!

hey ho. It does seem to have sorted itself out now though. Some how!

Thanks for your response nigel, appreciated.
2018-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules