Right guys. I'm getting seriously ****ed off with this....
2109 23 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80364 ft
Norway

In addition to the problems I had here..
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 5&page=1#pid1553322

I've encountered a new problem.

Just tried to recalibrate the IMU for the first time. Does it work? No it doesn't.

I follow the instructions. Here is a step by step with pictures from the drone and what the screen is telling me to do. Firmware is up to date on all devices.

Step 1 Drone

Step 1 Screen

Step 2 Drone

Step 2 Screen

Step 3 screen (this is where it goes wrong)

Step 3 Drone. First I place the drone as it says on the screen, but it will only go on with the IMU calibration when I put the drone like this.

Etc. etc. Step 4 works, but when I try to do step 5 this happens...

Step 5 screen

If I place the drone like it says on the above photo, it won't work. And will only let me complete the IMU if I place the drone like this..

So, I don't dare fly it now at all. I have no faith that this will fly well at all. I've wathed the DJI Mavic 2 IMU calibration, and this show you how to do it another way and not as depicted on my screen.

There is no way I'm chancing flying this thing when it won't even calibrate properly.

Serously, guys. What the -actual- f*ck is wrong with this company? What on earth should I do?

1_D.jpg
1_S.jpg
2_D.jpg
2_S.jpg
3_S.jpg
3_D2.jpg
5_S.jpg
5_D2.jpg
2018-9-5
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The IMU needs to be calibrated like this:

2018-9-5
Use props
jmark
lvl.2
Norway

msinger Posted at 2018-9-5 04:26
The IMU needs to be calibrated like this:

@msinger and that's fine, but if I wasn't a little computer savvy how would I know this? I'm going off what the controller says I should do, so why would I know how to do any different?

What the app says I should do and what that video says I should do are completely different.

2018-9-5
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

jmark Posted at 2018-9-5 04:28
@msinger and that's fine, but if I wasn't a little computer savvy how would I know this? I'm going off what the controller says I should do, so why would I know how to do any different?

What the app says I should do and what that video says I should do are completely different.

I guess you wouldn't. I cannot explain why the instructions are not correct... just trying to help out.
2018-9-5
Use props
jmark
lvl.2
Norway

msinger Posted at 2018-9-5 04:40
I guess you wouldn't. I cannot explain why the instructions are not correct... just trying to help out.

I appreciate the help, but I'm not sure I can even trust this device to not fall out of the sky when I launch it.
2018-9-5
Use props
jmark
lvl.2
Norway

jmark Posted at 2018-9-5 04:42
I appreciate the help, but I'm not sure I can even trust this device to not fall out of the sky when I launch it.

Not even that, but the pictures change to different ones every time I do it. I just don't understand this at all.
2018-9-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Its a but, the app shows the wrong picture. On a product thats been out 2 weeks.  Annoying yes but with the ability to access the internet, easily fixable.
2018-9-5
Use props
jmark
lvl.2
Norway

Okay, calibrating as the video said, ignoring the display on my phone. Took it out for a test run. I'll tell you something guys...this thing flies like a bat out of hell!

It's seriously a sick piece of tech! Very impressed!
2018-9-5
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

These drones are so advanced now I would almost expect a few bugs to show up once thousands of users start flying them.  After all, it's the people who actually had to fork out the money that are the most demanding and want everything to work perfectly, as they should.   That said, I would hope that DJI could at least get app instructions right for something as important as IMU calibration.  I'm sure the pressure to get a product out as quickly as possible is huge and hard to get the balance right between providing a great product that everyone wants now and the time it takes to check every system again and again then redesign if required.   
2018-9-5
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Not trying to knock DJI here, but as a owner of a software development company, there are a lot of bugs to be fixed in the MP2. No way I would allow a product to market the way the MP2 is operating right now.
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Far_North Posted at 2018-9-5 05:47
These drones are so advanced now I would almost expect a few bugs to show up once thousands of users start flying them.  After all, it's the people who actually had to fork out the money that are the most demanding and want everything to work perfectly, as they should.   That said, I would hope that DJI could at least get app instructions right for something as important as IMU calibration.  I'm sure the pressure to get a product out as quickly as possible is huge and hard to get the balance right between providing a great product that everyone wants now and the time it takes to check every system again and again then redesign if required.

These drones are so advanced now I would almost expect a few bugs to show up once thousands of users start flying them.

From working with beyond cutting edge technology - technology public wouldn't see (as in use/experience) till a decade later (or perhaps never); these are not that advanced, and advanced is not an excuse.  

2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

DJI ADMINS PLEASE TELL YOUR DEVELOPERS TO CHANGE THE INSTRUCTION VIDEO ON HOW TO CALIBRATE IMU ON MAVIC 2!!!
The video is incorrect on the devices!

Fly safe all.
Alex.
2018-9-5
Use props
Schaffner
lvl.2

One thing I noticed is that the stickers are still covering up the sensors and vents.  You should remove those or it can overheat and the sensors won't work.  They really should be bright red and say "remove before flight".
2018-9-5
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 09:50
These drones are so advanced now I would almost expect a few bugs to show up once thousands of users start flying them.

From working with beyond cutting edge technology - technology public wouldn't see (as in use/experience) till a decade later (or perhaps never); these are not that advanced, and advanced is not an excuse.

True, but are these drones advanced from a perspective of the engineers that are designing them and engineering the OS.  I mean has DJI reached the limit of their engineering competence.   Probably not but at times seems so.
2018-9-5
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Schaffner Posted at 2018-9-5 17:56
One thing I noticed is that the stickers are still covering up the sensors and vents.  You should remove those or it can overheat and the sensors won't work.  They really should be bright red and say "remove before flight".

The stickers are not covering anything, they are placed so not to cover. Check again.
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Far_North Posted at 2018-9-5 17:57
True, but are these drones advanced from a perspective of the engineers that are designing them and engineering the OS.  I mean has DJI reached the limit of their engineering competence.   Probably not but at times seems so.

Understood.
2018-9-5
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-6
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Far_North Posted at 2018-9-5 17:57

I little perspective needed?  Theres 1 incorrect JPG included in the app.  Thats it.
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Sorry for the late response. Good thing you were able to sort it out. Please let us know if you still need more help. Thank you!
2018-9-6
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Should have searched IMU calibration error, the error and how to work around was posted several days ago, on the 29th Sept. 18. Would have saved you some time and frustration.
2018-9-6
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

This needs to be a sticky post until fixed.
Picture number 3 is incorrect.  Its not a phone or android issue - its Go4 using the wrong picture.
2018-9-6
Use props
FlySD
lvl.4
United States

jmark Posted at 2018-9-5 04:28

If someone isn't "a little computer savvy" then they probably shouldn't be flying a newly released drone anyways...
2018-9-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

FlySD Posted at 2018-9-6 09:32
If someone isn't "a little computer savvy" then they probably shouldn't be flying a newly released drone anyways...

Ouch!
2018-9-6
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Ukraine

I sort of agree but then DJI shouldn't pretend that they make safe drones by forcing NFZs and disabling manual switching to ATTI mode. Really, these endless software glitches suggest that one must be extremely careful when flying these drones. They are not nearly as safe and reliable as advertised by DJI.
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules