Any Antique Mavic Pro Users Updating Firmware?
2245 27 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flattman
lvl.4
United States

So of course the focus is on the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom now, wanted to know if anyone is bothering with the DJI Go4 firmware updates for their Mavic Pros?  Is there anything in the updates that even pertain to our model or would it just be opening up a can of worms for something that works great already?
2018-9-5
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I always update firmware on my MP when available and never had any issues. I suspect that the problems others are having aren't totally to be blamed on DJI.
2018-9-5
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have not updated my Mavic Pro at all.  Still using the old GO app however I will be updating it as I want to add the ability to take spherical panoramas.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. If you haven't update yet your Aircraft for a long time you can choose between DJI GO 4 app on your device or Assistant 2 in your PC to update your Aircraft.
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-5 06:26
I always update firmware on my MP when available and never had any issues. I suspect that the problems others are having aren't totally to be blamed on DJI.

Speaking strictly about my case.  It was totally DJI.
Hardware that was sensitive to Firmware updates from .0100 or .0200 to .0300 or .0400.

Best guess is hardware was not quite up to spec.  Causing intermittent problems when Firmware was updated.  
Another guess is changes to Firmware were part of DJI's preparation for Mavic Pro 2's higher transmission rate.  
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

From my experience, it opened up a can of rotting worms.
2018-9-5
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

DJI Has released a new firmware update on the 4th of July 2018 for the Mavic Pro series of drones. The update was minimal in terms of content, only “Increased the aircraft data's security” and “Optimized the propulsion system performance” was mentioned in their release notes. The first point in their release notes is what we need to make you aware of.

It is quite coincidental that DJI chose the 4th of July. Not only is the Independence Day in the USA, a day designed to celebrate freedom (which DJI have removed in this update), but it’s also the same day exactly 12 months ago that the OG’s released the RedHerring exploit, this was the world’s first public root exploit for DJI’s drones and is really what spawned NLD! DJI decided to choose this anniversary to remove some of the freedoms that NLD and the OG’s have brought to you over this last 12 months, think of that what you will.

All the update does really is some small changes to the Mavic Pro Platinum ESC module, the standard Mavic Pro gets nothing new at all, however under the guise of “Increased aircraft data's security” it seems DJI have been working hard behind the scenes and have patched all the current public root enabling exploits.
This means that once you upgrade to 01.04.0400 you will lose the ability to gain root access to the drone
2018-9-5
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

found this in a blog.......
2018-9-5
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Still on firmware from 2016. I did put on some carbon fiber blades with the quieter tips. I looked on amazon and the reviews on these props were funny, people with the newer firmware are having the drone shake itself apart. I'd keep it where you can fly and take videos. The updates are probably things you don't want or need anyway.
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Updated FW flew yesterday and everything working fine.
2018-9-5
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-5 11:08
Updated FW flew yesterday and everything working fine.

Yeah but here's guys on newer firmware

Me flying around on the quiet carbon props

2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-5 11:18
Yeah but here's guys on newer firmware

[view_image]

There on older FW . Two FW updates since then.
2018-9-5
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I haven't updated anything (AC, Controller, or Batteries), since I cracked the boxes in over a year and a half, and ZERO issues. Now, I may be missing some of those new fancy flights modes/patterns that I feel was tossed out as bait to update. I just learned to fly the patterns "manually" myself.
Yupppers, still stuck on the original .400 for me boid........
Right now, I wouldn't trade in/up my Mav 1 for the new ones at all. Nope. Ain't going to do it. Don't wanna, can't make me. so there!
Period......
2018-9-5
Use props
Flattman
lvl.4
United States

Thank you all for your insights.  I just see updates available and am hesitant to install when I read they are mostly related to the new Mavics.  My Mavic Pro has been perfect since I bought it and I have kept up on updates that is, until the launch of the new Mavics.  Not the updates I see mostly pertain to the new models.  Is my Mavic Pro able to recognize what it can and can't use in a DJI GO 4 app update?
2018-9-6
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

I got my MP in June of 2017.  I've done every update, every firmware, every app update and I've never had any bug with any of my flights.  Each one has been rock solid.  With a few little minor bugs with photos/videos, everything has been perfect.  No lag, no pixelation, nothing but perfection.  
2018-9-6
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 408606 ft
  • >>>

I'm on older software,  Kinda scared to upgrade in fear of something bad happening.  The MP flys good, takes good pictures, no problems.
2018-9-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have updated, nothing changed for me on my mavic pro, still acts the same as it did on update .300  uhm...yea nothing to report here.
2018-9-6
Use props
Drone34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84091 ft
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-6 16:13
i have updated, nothing changed for me on my mavic pro, still acts the same as it did on update .300  uhm...yea nothing to report here.

I have done all of the updates as well with no issues.
2018-9-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone34 Posted at 2018-9-6 16:19
I have done all of the updates as well with no issues.

the issue si have on .300 still on latest.. but its isolated and maybe just hardware issue for me.. my mavic pro is worn out..
2018-9-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Am still on .700 usinf a dedicated phone so I don't update the GO4 app. Still fly perfectly since the day of release. Did even change the props for over 16 month!
2018-9-6
Use props
BushieBruce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40758 ft
Australia

I upgraded to the latest FW/SW yesterday. Flew a number of missions with zero problems. Never had any problems.
2018-9-6
Use props
FntX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158734 ft
Germany

Never touch a running system.
(the oldest advice ever for computer systems of any kind)

I will only update if there is a bug fix involved that addresses vital system functionality
2018-9-7
Use props
Flattman
lvl.4
United States

Thank you all and it's interesting to hear everybody's take on updates.  I think for now I'll continue to fly on my current rev level since I've had nothing but great results from my Mavic Pro.
2018-9-7
Use props
Flattman
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-5 07:00
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. If you haven't update yet your Aircraft for a long time you can choose between DJI GO 4 app on your device or Assistant 2 in your PC to update your Aircraft.

Thank you DJI Stephen.  I'd think it could be helpful in the update fixes description to say if what models the update affects.  Is it safe to assume if my model is not listed the update isn't necessary?
2018-9-7
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

01.03.0700 works just fine for me.
2018-9-7
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-9-7 16:08
01.03.0700 works just fine for me.

Same here - 01.03.0700 is very stable and reliable on my Android 6.0.1 Lenovo Tab3 - 8Plus.

As it ain't broke I am in no hurry to upgrade.
2018-9-7
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

Using 1.2.9 here.
2018-9-7
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have to add also that DJI NEVER puts in detail what they add or fix in any particular version. Usually a few small items but tend to leave out the MAJOR bug fixes or changes they make.  VERY scary to blindly update DJI software and not know what exactly changed. Until DJI changes their ways I am staying where I am as I have full control of the settings and parameters of my drone.

"It ain't broke so I ain't fix'n it" unless DJI can give me a good reason.
2018-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules