P4P+ Firmware Discrepancy
1453 13 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
debrent
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193934 ft
United States

I noticed a discrepancy in the version numbers for the Pro+ Controller between what is stated in the release notes and what comes in the zip file on the download page.

The following is from the firmware release notes:
Overview
   - Date:2018.03.08
   - Firmware: V 01.05.0600
   - Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware: V 1.4.1.0
   - Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware: V 1.3.6.0
   - DJI GO 4 App iOS: V 4.2.6
   - DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.2.6

If you notice the "Pro+" controller firmware is listed as V 1.3.6.0 and the "Pro" controller firmware is listed as V 1.4.1.0.  However, what you get in the zip file on the download page for the Pro+ is V 1.4.1.0 and that is what gets installed and displayed in the settings info.  Where is V 1.3.6.0?  Is this why I can't download offline maps anymore?
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. We will forward your concern to our engineers for further information. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-6
Use props
Victor Dequique
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154341 ft

Brazil

I have a problem in my phantom 4 pro + compatibility, when I turn on the radio control it connects to the drone but I can not run the app, I click on go fly but it does not go in, then it asks me to update the firmwarewere and only after completing the update I am able to enter the app, but after a while the problem returns again.

can it be because of the discrepancy?

2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Victor Dequique Posted at 2018-9-6 15:14
I have a problem in my phantom 4 pro + compatibility, when I turn on the radio control it connects to the drone but I can not run the app, I click on go fly but it does not go in, then it asks me to update the firmwarewere and only after completing the update I am able to enter the app, but after a while the problem returns again.

can it be because of the discrepancy?

Sorry for the trouble. May I know what current firmware you are using? Can you provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here.
2018-9-7
Use props
debrent
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-6 09:00
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. We will forward your concern to our engineers for further information. Thank you for the support.

Has anyone in your engineering department responded to this.  Seems like kind of a BIG DEAL to me if I'm running the wrong firmware for my controller!  If it was just a documentation error and the firmware is correct, so be it.  I just would like to know.  I will not be flying until I know for sure.
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

debrent Posted at 2018-9-10 06:37
Has anyone in your engineering department responded to this.  Seems like kind of a BIG DEAL to me if I'm running the wrong firmware for my controller!  If it was just a documentation error and the firmware is correct, so be it.  I just would like to know.  I will not be flying until I know for sure.

Hi, Thanks for your response. As of the moment, we currently clarifying the situation to provide accurate information. In the meantime, I would like to ask what phone are you using? What is the version of you DJI GO 4 app? Did you manage to use a different device or uninstall the app to see if the message would be the same? Please ensure that the files are saved and the flight records were sync in any case you'll be needing to delete the app.
2018-9-10
Use props
debrent
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-10 09:46
Hi, Thanks for your response. As of the moment, we currently clarifying the situation to provide accurate information. In the meantime, I would like to ask what phone are you using? What is the version of you DJI GO 4 app? Did you manage to use a different device or uninstall the app to see if the message would be the same? Please ensure that the files are saved and the flight records were sync in any case you'll be needing to delete the app.

I'm not sure why you're asking what phone I'm using.  There is no phone involved since the display is integrated into the controller.  The issue here is that the firmware version number for the P4P PLUS controller listed in the update documentation does not match what's in the .zip file on the software download page.  My concern is that I do not have the correct firmware installed on my PLUS controller.
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

debrent Posted at 2018-9-10 12:42
I'm not sure why you're asking what phone I'm using.  There is no phone involved since the display is integrated into the controller.  The issue here is that the firmware version number for the P4P PLUS controller listed in the update documentation does not match what's in the .zip file on the software download page.  My concern is that I do not have the correct firmware installed on my PLUS controller.

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to P4P only. We currently checking this issue. My apology for the mistake.
2018-9-10
Use props
debrent
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-7 05:55
Sorry for the trouble. May I know what current firmware you are using? Can you provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here.

Just to re-state the problem:

Overview
    - Date:2018.03.08
    - Firmware: V 01.05.0600
    - Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware: V 1.4.1.0
    - Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware: V 1.3.6.0
    - DJI GO 4 App iOS: V 4.2.6
    - DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.2.6

From the notes above, the firmware version number for the Pro+ controller is supposed to be V 1.3.6.0.

When you follow the link on the download page for the Pro+ controller, the firmware version in the zip file is V 1.4.1.0 which is the listed firmware version number for the Pro controller, not the Pro+.
2018-9-10
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Release notes have not been updated, P4P+ remote controller firmware v1.04.01 was released on 13-Apr-2018, after these "release notes", that were last updated on 08-Mar-2018.
2018-9-10
Use props
Victor Dequique
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154341 ft

Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-7 05:55
Sorry for the trouble. May I know what current firmware you are using? Can you provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here.

Okay, I'll send the files through google drive.

Sorry for writing wrong because I'm from Brazil and I do not speak your language well, but thank you very much for the help.
2018-9-10
Use props
Tearuup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123763 ft
United States

debrent Posted at 2018-9-10 13:25
Just to re-state the problem:

debrent,
I have the Pro+ and running V1.4.1.0 on controller and v01.05.0600 on AC.  No issues.
2018-9-10
Use props
Avellas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29833 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I also have the same versions on my P4P+ Obsidian and I’m having the exact same issue as Donald Brent is having.  

It’s very strange why most of us are having this issue and you’re not! Very puzzling.  

I would hope that DJI can step back into this conversation and provide us with an update as to what they are doing to resolve this issue.  

We’ve all invested a lot of money to by this very extremely high end Aircraft and it blows my mind that DJI can’t figure out a small software glitch such as this one. B
2018-9-11
Use props
Avellas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29833 ft
  • >>>

Is anyone from DJI have anything to say or to report as to what or if anything is being done about this issue?
Thank you.
2018-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules