Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Active Track 2.0
925 6 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

When using Active Track 2.0  does the remote have to be with you at all times? Would like to try and use this feature whilst riding a dirt bike around my property and holding the remote and tablet whilst riding may prove difficult. Does anyone have any insight to this feature?
2018-9-5
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The remote controller does not need to be with you when using that feature. However, you'll lose the ability to quickly take over control if something does not go as planned. You might want to bring along a friend that can be ready to man the remote controller if needed.
2018-9-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're thinking of follow me - active track is different as uses the sensor in the camera rather than creating a tether with the phone/RC so no, you can still track the object with the RC left behind  
2018-9-5
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

msinger Posted at 2018-9-5 11:00
The remote controller does not need to be with you when using that feature. However, you'll lose the ability to quickly take over control if something does not go as planned. You might want to bring along a friend that can be ready to man the remote controller if needed.

Makes sense to me, thx
2018-9-6
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-9-5 11:47
You're thinking of follow me - active track is different as uses the sensor in the camera rather than creating a tether with the phone/RC so no, you can still track the object with the RC left behind

Thx for the info
2018-9-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No probs - so many options and versions these days
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. It's not necessary to have the RC with you, however, it's recommended to always put your hands on the RC so in any case, you need to override the process, you can easily control the drone. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules