2895 53 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know of a group that is fighting for the rights of droners?  Rights like where we can fly.  In CT it is illegal to fly almost everywhere.  Please help.
2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Where is CT?

Fly safe.
Alex
2018-9-5
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-5 13:02
Where is CT?

Fly safe.

Connecticut USA
2018-9-5
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear about your plight.
In the UK, and the USA I understood, landowners can only stop you taking off and controlling, but can't stop you flying over their land.  So if you're on public land that isn't covered by any specific rules, you should still be able to take off.
Using the B4UFly app from the FAA would help you show that you've got the right to fly if challenged.
I cover the main rules in this video and tried to cover USA rules as well as UK rules.
I would contact a model aircraft or flying club as they may be more established and no the actual rules better.  Anyone can say you're prohibited from flying, but only the FAA and the landowner can actually make that rule...
Cheers
Ian

2018-9-5
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NODE - https://engage.newmode.net/nm-letter/5971/6053
2018-9-5
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EU is once again acting like bully boys... NODE Campaign. Sign up and sign against these unrealistic proposed legislation changes. It’s ridiculous.
2018-9-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-9-5 13:37
EU is once again acting like bully boys... NODE Campaign. Sign up and sign against these unrealistic proposed legislation changes. It’s ridiculous.

Not sure about EU regulations, but this is what we in UK will be operating to :-

http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs ... mendmentOrder-3.pdf
2018-9-5
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-5 13:58
Not sure about EU regulations, but this is what we in UK will be operating to :-

http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP1687-SUAANOAmendmentOrder-3.pdf

Aware of that also. Signed a petition against a new set of proposals. Read this;

Dear NODE community,

The UK Government launched a formal consultation last month on proposed new regulations for drone users, which is still open for public submissions until 17 September 2018.

While drone users may have heard about the proposed minimum age restriction for pilots, which was the media’s main focal point, there are other important policies that will have serious consequences.

In particular, Government is considering a future requirement for drone pilots to make use of a Flight Information and Notification System (FINS) - a kind of app through which you would have to organise your drone flight. This would significantly impact both recreational and commercial drone use because:

• It would apply to drones with a mass of 250g and over - basically all drones that are not considered mere toys;
  • It would require drone users to file a notification before every single take-off, stating both the intended location and time of use;
  • And the mandatory use of this service might have to be paid for by the drone user, with a fee determined either by the system provider or resulting from a maximum amount set by Government.

The Government acknowledges that the implementation of such a FINS would still take a few years but critical decisions - for instance on the types of drone activities that should be included - might be taken now as part of this consultation process.

We believe that the proposal, as outlined, is premature and ill-conceived as it does not sufficiently consider other technological solutions or take into account different levels of risks and capabilities. For instance, not every single drone flight will need to be subject to the kind of control system that the Government seeks to impose.

For that reason, we urge everyone who is concerned about how this might impact your ability to fly your drones to get involved and make your voice heard bytaking action in response to the consultation.

In Flight,

NODE - The Network of Drone Enthusiasts

2018-9-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-9-5 14:02
Aware of that also. Signed a petition against those proposals.

Which bits do you disagree with, they seem to be clearer than that previously in place regarding multi-rotors ?

Edit:- I see your additional comment now, I'll have a read.

2018-9-5
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-5 14:08
Which bits do you disagree with, they seem to be clearer than that previously in place regarding multi-rotors ?

Max height of 400ft
2018-9-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Given that manned aircraft can fly down to 500ft, the 400ft limit AGL isn't that restrictive is it ?

And in ultra low flying areas they are considerably lower.

I can still legally fly up the side of a hill to the 500m altitude restriction in DJI firmware as long as within 400ft of the ground.
2018-9-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aware of that also. Signed a petition against those proposals.

a lot of these proposals sound like based on fear mongering and corruption.   

like the guy down the road from me believes everythig the news says about anything.. so somewhere he learned drones being work of terrorists and spys..   thinks my drone has x-ray vision ( i sh**t you not) and that im watching him..  like even if it had x-ray vision i have less than zero interest in watching you or anyone else.. how boring would that be..?  this is his latest antic, everything from 100x zoom, to thermal imaging, armed drones, to lasers, to explosive drones,  to now x-ray vision...  

he also the same guy who thinks im part of a terrorist organization too because he "seen it on the news" tells police this when he calls them.  so dumb.  i mean yea i have guns, i shoot daily, and some days where my friends come out with huge amount of guns and tear the fields and hills up..'

i will admit been a few times where we have been mean to the poor guy and detonated 500 pounds of tannerite at 6am on the hill facing his house after doing 10 man mag dump just to freak him out because he telling people news saying WW3 is near..
2018-9-5
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-5 14:20
Given that manned aircraft can fly down to 500ft, the 400ft limit AGL isn't that restrictive is it ?

You asked, I answered. 400ft is dreadful. Few idiots have spoilt it again for others.
2018-9-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-9-5 14:27
You asked, I answered. 400ft is dreadful. Few idiots have spoilt it again for others.

So would you rather be flying in manned airspace and risking collision ?
2018-9-5
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the support.  The local RC club in CT white hills were very abrasive and did not want to share the farmers field that they fly in.  I'm talking to the CT park commsioner to see what else can be done.

Thanks again.  This fight will only make us stronger.
2018-9-5
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-5 14:21
a lot of these proposals sound like based on fear mongering and corruption.   

like the guy down the road from me believes everythig the news says about anything.. so somewhere he learned drones being work of terrorists and spys..   thinks my drone has x-ray vision ( i sh**t you not) and that im watching him..  like even if it had x-ray vision i have less than zero interest in watching you or anyone else.. how boring would that be..?  this is his latest antic, everything from 100x zoom, to thermal imaging, armed drones, to lasers, to explosive drones,  to now x-ray vision...  

I think only an American would think it's ok to be allowed to own and use weapons and explosives that way. Holy smoke man ... here people would be imprisoned immediately for that kind of thing and the vast majority of the population think that's how it should be - including myself.
2018-9-5
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

Is there a group fighting for the rights of droners? Since this is an international forum, you should probably specify what country you're referring to, as each has its own unique drone laws. I'm guessing you're referring to the U.S. since that's where the forum software thinks you're located.

To answer your question for the U.S., I'd say that there isn't an organization doing so, at least none with any clout (money or size) that does so with any consistency. Some will claim that the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) does fight for drone pilots, but my perception is that it's a bit more complicated than that. The organization appears to be heavily influenced by its older fixed-wing (model airplane) members who consider multicopter owners to be impudent young trouble-making upstarts, even though many of us are far from young. At the same time, the organization is clearly drooling over the possibility of those millions of 'copter owners paying annual dues, so it does seem to make an effort to put a drone-friendly face.

I'd love to be proved wrong -- or for the situation to change if I'm right -- because the AMA has been around a long time and has a lot of credibility and clout with the FAA. And to be honest, I can't really blame the AMA for having something of a split personality on the matter. Multicopters carry a lot of negative baggage from a public perception perspective, and I'd probably have something of a "there goes the neighborhood" attitude too if I were a long-time model airplane member. At the same time, though, it does sometimes seem to be more of a case of grumpy-old-man syndrome than a rational concern over how multicopters will change the model aviation hobby.

P.S. Apparently I'm not the only one who sees things this way: Drones, FPV, and Clubs

P.P.S. Anyone who tries to you convince you that you're required to be a member of the AMA to fly within FAA regulations is incorrect.

2018-9-5
Use props
MaineMavick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169524 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-5 14:20

I live in the country and regularly see bush planes flying far lower than the legal height.

I've had one instance where a plane nearly collided with my drone within 100ft from where I was standing.
2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Sometimes I think that the airplanes and helicopters do not respect the minimum height limit that they need to obey!!!
And if they collide with our drones, then of course it’s our fault!
Even if we were at 100 meters, and the helicopter decided to fly at that height!

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-9-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-9-5 14:27

I think you're unlikely to have any effect on the 400ft AGL limit which has just been written into U.K law. If we fly above that we risk criminal prosecution.
2018-9-5
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I didn't know we had any rights? Privileges, if you have a part 107 cert but not really any rights. Privileges, part 336 but still not rights?
2018-9-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-9-5 14:43
I think only an American would think it's ok to be allowed to own and use weapons and explosives that way. Holy smoke man ... here people would be imprisoned immediately for that kind of thing and the vast majority of the population think that's how it should be - including myself.

completely different rights and freedoms. welcome to america

as long as you are responsible and not being too stupid how you handle it, im okay with guns   its fun but also great tool.    also in right hands, most effectively versatile tool you can own..from simple things like hunting and self protection to more unique things like being able to disable vehicals, bombs, open doors and locks.  

as for explosives, binary explosives are very safe when separated components and most when when combined so stable you can light them on fire and wont detonate.  tannerite for example is a binary explosive that require high stopping power impact like a very fast round.. like typical 5.56 NATO rifle round will set it off but driving over it wont..it super stable

2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. Hope you'll find a good explanation for the local policy and recommendation where can you use your aircraft.  
2018-9-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>

In the UK the BMFA (British Model Flying Association) and the LMA (Large Model Association) are fighting our corner. You have similar organisations in the US

One of our greatest enemies is You Tube and some of the idiotic and illegal flights that people post on there.

Like robbing a bank and passing the money demand written on the back of a letter sent to you.
2018-9-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>

Reading what you have written I think you need to ask yourself who is the mad man you or your neighbour
2018-9-6
Use props
CompleteNewbie
lvl.1

United States

500 POUNDS of Tannerite?!?!?!?! Wow!

Got a video of that??
2018-9-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>

FlyDK Posted at 2018-9-5 14:43
I think only an American would think it's ok to be allowed to own and use weapons and explosives that way. Holy smoke man ... here people would be imprisoned immediately for that kind of thing and the vast majority of the population think that's how it should be - including myself.

Quite agree. You got to wonder about some of those guys in peaked caps over the pond
2018-9-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-5 18:36
completely different rights and freedoms. welcome to america

as long as you are responsible and not being too stupid how you handle it, im okay with guns   its fun but also great tool.    also in right hands, most effectively versatile tool you can own..from simple things like hunting and self protection to more unique things like being able to disable vehicals, bombs, open doors and locks.  

And you think you are responsible. Read back some of your previous posts
2018-9-6
Use props
CompleteNewbie
lvl.1

United States

Aware of that also. Signed a petition against a new set of proposals. Read this;
Dear NODE community,

It would require drone users to file a notification before every single take-off, stating both the intended location and time of use;

That really grinds my gears! Unless drone manufacturers set up a QUICK and EASY way to 'file a flight plan', this will really kill off the fun of flying an R/C aircraft.

I've got a pilot's license, and at any time of the day or night, I can hop into a plane and fly it nearly anywhere I want. As long as I talk to ATC, I can enter Class B airspace and land at the local International airport. They won't like it, because it's hard to space a  Cessna 182 between A321s and 737s, but I can do it.

It's certainly not recommended, but you can take off from one coast of the U.S., and as long as you stay out of controlled airspace, you literally don't have to talk to anyone. You don't NEED to file a flight plan or request 'flight following'. Now, if you crash, it would be hard for CAP to find you, but it's completely possible. Most pilot friends who go out for a quick hour or two flight don't file a flight plan. They just fly, practice touch and goes, and go get a burger or BBQ.

The trend I'm seeing for drones is worrisome, and that's coming from someone who is a UAV 'pilot' as well as a 'real' aircraft pilot!!!
2018-9-6
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Has, anyone in the USA successfully joined the node group?  I can't seem to join.
2018-9-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-6 12:58
And you think you are responsible. Read back some of your previous posts

my choice, my freedoms..   
2018-9-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CompleteNewbie Posted at 2018-9-6 12:55
500 POUNDS of Tannerite?!?!?!?! Wow!

Got a video of that??

im sure i have it saved on my iPhone in iMessages!  i didn't record it but 2 of the officers that came over to watch it and take part in the fun recorded it and group messaged us..
2018-9-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-6 12:55
Reading what you have written I think you need to ask yourself who is the mad man you or your neighbour

my neighbor is diagnosed with schizophrenia actually.  his brother has to come over once and a while to make sure he isnt causing me issues.  

infact, he once tried to shoot one of my friends a couple years ago while he was trail riding.. my friend even heard the crack of the bullet zipping by his head and the trail clear shot across the field from that guy's bedroom window.  we reported it to the police and police arrested him and seized his guns, confirmed with us they found 10 guns told us if ever happens again or even heard rumors he has guns again, call them out .  he not allowed by law to even have a gun, because of his poor mental health.
2018-9-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-9-5 13:37
EU is once again acting like bully boys... NODE Campaign. Sign up and sign against these unrealistic proposed legislation changes. It’s ridiculous.

You will find that EASA proposed rules are a lot less restrictive than what’s installed for you now, it’s like someone cutting off his nose to spite his face.
2018-9-6
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>

I think you'll see commercial operation rules ease up a good bit in the next couple years, beyond LOS, over people, etc. You have companies with deep pockets like Amazon that see drones as a revenue stream. My concern is that the Amazons of the world will push the hobby folks out so they don't have to share the airspace with them.
2018-9-6
Use props
Nspire Aviation
lvl.1
Flight distance : 563182 ft

Connecticut is full of hills and farm land, how are you having any problem flying out there? Im not aware of any specific ordinances that prohibit flight as long as your following part 101/107 rules
2018-9-6
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

https://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view ... mp;deepNav_GID=1650
2018-9-7
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

CompleteNewbie Posted at 2018-9-6 13:01
It would require drone users to file a notification before every single take-off, stating both the intended location and time of use;

That really grinds my gears! Unless drone manufacturers set up a QUICK and EASY way to 'file a flight plan', this will really kill off the fun of flying an R/C aircraft.

yup not at all what i thought it would be. Too many sizes of drones and same rules is kind of strange.
2018-9-7
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would join the American Modeler Association. I think the membership is around $70 per year and with that you will receive a monthly magazine on model airplanes and multicopters. You also get liability insurance for your multicopters.
2018-9-7
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-5 14:28
So would you rather be flying in manned airspace and risking collision ?

Did I say I wanteded fly in manned airspace? No.
2018-9-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules