1098 5 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amorrison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325230 ft
  • >>>
United States

About twice a year I need to fly inside a gymnasium where there is no GPS. The current software limits height in this situation to about 20 feet or so.

Is there any way to "authorize" flying higher temporarily just to do this particular shoot?  

Thanks so much!!

- Art
2018-9-5
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

Get a Tello, this is the best drone ti fly indoors. I also have the controller.  Best $100.00
2018-9-5
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You'll be able to fly up to 98 feet high after disabling the downward sensors.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately, this process would be risky due to lacking of GPS signal. I'm afraid that the aircraft would not recognize your command and act unusually. Thank you for understanding.
2018-9-6
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>

I fly my Mavic Air in the church auditorium a lot. It's a metal building so there's no GPS signal at all, plus I have no idea how high the ceilings are but I'm sure they're over 20 feet. I turn off all of the sensors and fly around with no problems at all.
2018-9-6
Use props
amorrison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325230 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for all the suggestions. I mainly wanted to make sure there was not some process I wasn't aware of to do this. Turning off downward sensors would disable VPS I think, which is really nice. So, will see how it goes tomorrow. Thanks again for the responses!!

Below is a past video example using the Mavic Air:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8tw4p96wy4u630a/DJI_0114.mp4?dl=0
2018-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules