1922 28 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Act now! The European drone community is endangered with a noise limitation for drones in the C1 and C2 classes. This means that all drones under 4kg used for operations over or close to people will be greatly affected. Join the campaign here: http://d.shpg.org/442159650t

2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hmm not really my types of drones.
I’m piloting a spark (300 grams) and a Yuneec typhoon q 500+ (1700 grams)
Do they mean that drones over 4kg are too loud???
Strange definition of noise, by weight!?!

Fly safe everyone.
Alex
2018-9-5
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No it's states under 4kgs.
2018-9-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-5 13:21
Hmm not really my types of drones.
I’m piloting a spark (300 grams) and a Yuneec typhoon q 500+ (1700 grams)
Do they mean that drones over 4kg are too loud???

this proposal is for under 4KG (aka 99.99% of the market) and is totally ridiculous. sounds like they basing everything on assumptions and not scientific measurements or anything else..   

saddest part is actually much easier to get locked up in europe than it is in america, and these sorta laws that made me decide im not going to be vacationing in europe this year and definitely not spending few hundred grand buying a nice vacation home.  come jan/feb time frame imma probably either buy myself an some Ferrari or please my GF and buy a vacation somewhere else in the states instead..
2018-9-5
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had the email from NODE regarding this. Please act by signing up to node.

Dear Fellow Drone Enthusiasts,

We need your help!

Soon Europe will have one common set of rules for drones in all Member States. After defining the key principles of the new EU regulation, European institutions are now working on the technical details to ensure safe and secure operations throughout Europe.

This is a key moment for the drone industry and for all the operators and companies benefiting from the tremendous added value drones are bringing.

Today, the drone community is endangered by a proposed noise limitation for the future C1 and C2 classes of drones, which means all drones below 4kg used for operations over or close to people.

Although the reduction of the noise emitted by drones is a legitimate objective, the values and the methodology proposed in the EU regulation appears out of touch with reality, while the impact for the industry has not been properly assessed.

Why does it matter to you?

Almost all drones on the market that belong to C1 and C2 classes do not meet the proposed limits. If this goes through, your drones will most likely not be able to comply with the regulations and soon will not be allowed to fly as you are used to. Just imagine the impact this can have on leisure use as well as conducting your business!

Sign the petition to avoid unrealistic regulations

Join the campaign and find more information here. Express your concerns and let policy makers know that responsible drone users are raising their voice in favour of realistic rules, based on scientific research.

Let’s strike a fair balance between the interests of all involved parties and ensure a fair use of drones in Europe.

In Flight,

NODE - The Network of Drone Enthusiasts

https://www.nodecampaign.org/eu?l=en
2018-9-5
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also against these new UK proposals;

Dear NODE community,

The UK Government launched a formal consultation last month on proposed new regulations for drone users, which is still open for public submissions until 17 September 2018.

While drone users may have heard about the proposed minimum age restriction for pilots, which was the media’s main focal point, there are other important policies that will have serious consequences.

In particular, Government is considering a future requirement for drone pilots to make use of a Flight Information and Notification System (FINS) - a kind of app through which you would have to organise your drone flight. This would significantly impact both recreational and commercial drone use because:

It would apply to drones with a mass of 250g and over - basically all drones that are not considered mere toys;
It would require drone users to file a notification before every single take-off, stating both the intended location and time of use;
And the mandatory use of this service might have to be paid for by the drone user, with a fee determined either by the system provider or resulting from a maximum amount set by Government.
The Government acknowledges that the implementation of such a FINS would still take a few years but critical decisions - for instance on the types of drone activities that should be included - might be taken now as part of this consultation process.

We believe that the proposal, as outlined, is premature and ill-conceived as it does not sufficiently consider other technological solutions or take into account different levels of risks and capabilities. For instance, not every single drone flight will need to be subject to the kind of control system that the Government seeks to impose.

For that reason, we urge everyone who is concerned about how this might impact your ability to fly your drones to get involved and make your voice heard by taking action in response to the consultation.

In Flight,

NODE - The Network of Drone Enthusiasts

Click here for further info and to show support for NIDE.

https://www.nodecampaign.org/eu?l=en
2018-9-5
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Done. I HATE all these exaggerated laws.
2018-9-5
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyDK Posted at 2018-9-5 14:11
Done. I HATE all these exaggerated laws.

I do, I’m all for supporting common sense and safe flying but some of these proposals will absolutely stifle the industry and my hobby. Spread the word.
2018-9-5
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-9-5 14:18
I do, I’m all for supporting common sense and safe flying but some of these proposals will absolutely stifle the industry and my hobby. Spread the word.

One thing is flying, another is flying to shoot video or take pictures.
There are lots of boring but suitable places to fly where you can practically not bother anyone or anything. But when it comes to video or photo, and where it may be interesting to fly in this respect, we, in DK, are very limited. There is no need for tightening of applicable laws - ONLY easing.

I will spread the word.
2018-9-5
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

signed up

2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Guess I’ll need to sign up then...
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for sharing this information. Sorry to know about this policy.
2018-9-6
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-6 11:03
Hi, Thanks for sharing this information. Sorry to know about this policy.

You (DJI) HAVE to invent some seriously silenced propellers for ALL of your drones now.
2018-9-6
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

FlyDK Posted at 2018-9-6 11:13
You (DJI) HAVE to invent some seriously silenced propellers for ALL of your drones now.

The problem is in the way EU measures noise:

According to the proposed ISO standard, the noise testing protocol measures the noise from a close distance to the source (drones): microphones are at 1m distance in the latest public draft of Delegated Act. When taking into account the state of technology in the market today, a noise limit of 80-90 Db(A) set at such close distance should not define the essential environmental requirement on noise emission of drones.

And seldom even start our drones closer than 5-6 meters away from people, often being at over 50m away.
2018-9-6
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

These ridiculous laws do nothing but hurt the average, responsible drone operator. The idiots that cause the trouble will continue to fly regardless. These laws are absurd.
2018-9-6
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mir Posted at 2018-9-6 12:52
These ridiculous laws do nothing but hurt the average, responsible drone operator. The idiots that cause the trouble will continue to fly regardless. These laws are absurd.

Take action follow the links.
2018-9-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-5 14:03
this proposal is for under 4KG (aka 99.99% of the market) and is totally ridiculous. sounds like they basing everything on assumptions and not scientific measurements or anything else..   

saddest part is actually much easier to get locked up in europe than it is in america, and these sorta laws that made me decide im not going to be vacationing in europe this year and definitely not spending few hundred grand buying a nice vacation home.  come jan/feb time frame imma probably either buy myself an some Ferrari or please my GF and buy a vacation somewhere else in the states instead..

Is that why America has one of the highest prison populations in the world.

Prison rates in the US are the world's highest, at 724 people per 100,000.
2018-9-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Having attended seminars and many meetings with regards to new proposed rules for Europe , it was always made clear that rules would apply from certain dates and older drones would not have to fully comply with all of the new rules set down for the way forward by EASA, I don’t believe older drones will be outlawed or banned because they were manufactured before rules were adopted.
Drones have a limited lifetime, yes some might fly forever but technology will pass them by, and will be replaced by new drones that will force the manufacturers to insure they meet noise regulations, and certainly on this forum it is a topic that almost everyone agrees on quieter drones, so as they say be careful what you wish for, it may just arrive on your doorstep.

Having been part of an Irish delegation taking part in forming these new rules for Europe through EASA , I can tell you EASA are very keen to promote both Hobbyists and business flying of drones throughout Europe.

Not everything is nailed down yet, but provisions for older drones were discussed and provision will be made for them, and the sky won’t fall in nor will the hobby diminish in any way, EASA has put these rules together because it believes there will be huge growth in flying drones for both hobbyists and professionals, they have no interest in trying to hold this back in any way.
They are so far ahead of the FAA so much more progressive towards drone flying that we as hobbyists and professionals should welcome their efforts to bring about harmonization of drone flying throughout Europe, the freedom to travel as hobbyists to other countries not to have to worry if you can fly where you can fly, is just one of the many improvements for all drone flyers throughout Europe.
By all means sign up to the protest, it keeps arbitrators on their toes, I have signed up myself, but I believe we as hobbyists or professionals have nothing to worry about.
2018-9-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

To me it is somewhat funny that someone from the UK who obviously has either not read or not understood the proposed new regulations is promoting this uninformed campaign. Once these actually very good new standards will enter into force, the UK citizens unfortunately will no longer be benefitting from them ;-)
2018-9-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

One interesting bit is that NODE is sponsored by DJI, perhaps not surprising then that NODE might oppose any changes that may directly or indirectly require manufacturers to make changes.
2018-9-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-6 14:33
Is that why America has one of the highest prison populations in the world.

Prison rates in the US are the world's highest, at 724 people per 100,000.

numbers dont tell the whole story...most people get locked up usually get locked up because miss a court date, in ( usually unclear ) violating of probation, etc etc.. . most people usually at most get booked then released so they are in the system.. even if carrying something illegal chances are you will end up just getting a ticket and a court date unless u didn't cooperate and added charges against you...

in american the prison system is a for profit system that has more insensitive too recycle prisoners than it does to actually correct and rehabilitate people.  so most people caught up in it, been caught up in it and will stay caught up in it..    a lot of people end up only lasting maybe a week or 2 on the outside before ending up back in prison..

they make 10s of billions of dollars per year per prison system and they make more money the more the lock up and more the recycle back into the system.  and the entire judicial system is corrupt so bad in america with how it is...

but getitng into it takes some effort, even as bad as some police can be,  they tend to also want to take fastest rout to a paycheck, means if they can they will ticket you instead......even if carrying hard drugs on you, as logn as under threshold (varies state to state) they prob going to let you go with a ticket and court date..

2018-9-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-6 15:20
numbers dont tell the whole story...most people get locked up usually get locked up because miss a court date, in ( usually unclear ) violating of probation, etc etc.. . most people usually at most get booked then released so they are in the system.. even if carrying something illegal chances are you will end up just getting a ticket and a court date unless u didn't cooperate and added charges against you...

in american the prison system is a for profit system that has more insensitive too recycle prisoners than it does to actually correct and rehabilitate people.  so most people caught up in it, been caught up in it and will stay caught up in it..    a lot of people end up only lasting maybe a week or 2 on the outside before ending up back in prison..

That’s a very jaundiced way of looking at it, crime is crime and trying to compare anywhere in Europe as worse than US just doesn’t stack up. That’s all I’m saying now time to get back to topic.
2018-9-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-6 15:40
That’s a very jaundiced way of looking at it, crime is crime and trying to compare anywhere in Europe as worse than US just doesn’t stack up. That’s all I’m saying now time to get back to topic.

uhm...what?     a crime maybe a crime, but not every crime result in you leaving in handcuffs off to a cell in some prison.  most will result in you getting a ticket/citation and a court date.. not even refering to simple crimes, like speeding.. i mean you can be in possession of trace amounts of coke and wods of $100 bills and scales and not get locked up...even though its obvious.  if the person runs from the cops or acts out yes they will get locked up pending investigations.. but ya know otherwise nah.
2018-9-6
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BumblerBee Posted at 2018-9-6 12:15
The problem is in the way EU measures noise:

According to the proposed ISO standard, the noise testing protocol measures the noise from a close distance to the source (drones): microphones are at 1m distance in the latest public draft of Delegated Act. When taking into account the state of technology in the market today, a noise limit of 80-90 Db(A) set at such close distance should not define the essential environmental requirement on noise emission of drones.

Problem in general is the EU, thank god the UK is leaving th corrupt institution of bull sh*t.
2018-9-7
Use props
IgOrdure
lvl.4
Flight distance : 620696 ft
France

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-9-7 10:45
Problem in general is the EU, thank god the UK is leaving th corrupt institution of bull sh*t.

And I pray that France will do the same.
The European Community is a big scam that only benefits a certain elite.
2018-9-7
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IgOrdure Posted at 2018-9-7 13:12
And I pray that France will do the same.
The European Community is a big scam that only benefits a certain elite.

France would thrive fantastically outside the EU. EU has benefited one country only...no small coincidence that the biggest contributor is also the biggest beneficiary.

Anyhow, these proposed bull sh*t  ideas are stifling for both business and consumer interests. Hope DJI stick two fingers up to the EU and the shambolic false democracy.
2018-9-7
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

The legislature is behind the curve - technology tends to lead. This legislations seems to follow the same process as that for ebikes - basically laying down a (very) limiting set of parameters for new designs, but allowing a waver on products that were built and sold some years back. The idea being that obsolescence will bit by bit remove the non-conformimg products from circulation and use. This is a cheaper process than putting a blanket ban on said products and then being sued by thousands of people (I believe its called a class action law suit in the States) for the loss.
2018-9-7
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Done........
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FlyDK Posted at 2018-9-6 11:13

Hi, I will forward this serious scenario to our engineers for them to possibly come up with the resolution. Thank you for the suggestion.
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules