Mavic 2 compatibility
2356 39 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Where is the upgrade for Crystalsky so it works with Mavic 2.   

Please spare us the “its being worked on” or “please be patient”  its not like the Mavic 2 was a surprise to anyone there. It must have been in development for over a year...

I like so many others feel totally let down and disappointed by the support for the crystalsky by DJI.   

Its offered by DJI as a professional premium monitor. Yet it is always last to be upgraded.  

Are we talking days? Weeks or months before we get compatibility with the Mavic 2?   Ask someone so we get a definitive answer please.

My £700 investment is gathering dust, while its warrantee runs down in its storage case... right now I'm regretting my investment  into this product. If I could send it back for a full refund I would and get myself a IPad Mini which is already fully compatible and pocket the £400 change to boot.   

This is So wrong....  

2018-9-5
Use props
fans622ce843
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61319 ft

Hopefully they’re not working on a new Crystalsky monitor one that will actually work, maybe that’s why they don’t care about the current model. If they are I hope they don’t leave us all in the dust.
2018-9-5
Use props
Smead
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178255 ft
  • >>>

I second this post...except I am in a position to send mine back for a refund.  Going to give it another day or two...
2018-9-5
Use props
Smead
lvl.2
  • >>>

fans622ce843 Posted at 2018-9-5 18:15
Hopefully they’re not working on a new Crystalsky monitor one that will actually work, maybe that’s why they don’t care about the current model. If they are I hope they don’t leave us all in the dust.

The one that is rumor is most likely the CS 5.5 built into a controller.  That is probably good news for continued support as it will be the same OS...the same GO4 app.  At least that is my hope...
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're really sorry for the inconvenience caused. I understand where you coming from. We already forwarded this concern to our developer team and we're now waiting for the updates. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-9-6
Use props
robotfist
lvl.2

I have no interest in a remote with the monitor built into it. I use the Mavic because it is compact and easy to travel with. Being able to separate the monitor from the remote makes it easier to fit in my carry-on baggage when I take it on flights. I want to use my current Crystalsky that I bought 6 months ago and is now useless. As the previous post stated, its warranty (and resale value) is now dropping as it sits in its box. I sold my original Mavic Platinum for the Mavic 2 and now I wish I had not done this. I haven’t opened my Mavic 2 yet and I will be returning it if they don’t get it working with Crystalsky soon. I’m not happy that I can currently fly this drone with a crappy iPhone 5s and not my brand new, proprietory DJI monitor. Where is this update?!?!
2018-9-6
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

2 weeks already.. I wonder if DJI will extend my warrantee for free on my crystalsky?

Everyday I log in and check for updates and nothing....
2018-9-6
Use props
mavpronu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 619308 ft

why wont they just let us install regular Go4 app ?  Crystalsky is an android
2018-9-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-9-6 11:32
2 weeks already.. I wonder if DJI will extend my warrantee for free on my crystalsky?

Everyday I log in and check for updates and nothing....

You got better odds of winning the Lottery!
2018-9-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Smead Posted at 2018-9-5 20:24
The one that is rumor is most likely the CS 5.5 built into a controller.  That is probably good news for continued support as it will be the same OS...the same GO4 app.  At least that is my hope...

Should that occur, let's hope they quadruple the Processing power.  Then it might have a chance of running GO-4+.
2018-9-6
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27566 ft
United States

I also hope that they release the update soon. Its sad to think that DJI have a discord on their on dev team, why wouldn't they do their testing mavic 2 on crystalsky to begin with. Probably due to lower user count compared to android and IOS os were left out, at least thats how it feels.

They always say that the crystalsky has a custom android flavor that made it more stable and optimized for DJI go app yet its always the last one to get the go app update. If they will release a new version I think I wouldnt spend money on it as it will most likely have the same problem of not getting updated on time. To bad the great screen is marred by poor software development or the lack of priority on their dev teams side.
2018-9-6
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

robotfist Posted at 2018-9-6 09:46
I have no interest in a remote with the monitor built into it. I use the Mavic because it is compact and easy to travel with. Being able to separate the monitor from the remote makes it easier to fit in my carry-on baggage when I take it on flights. I want to use my current Crystalsky that I bought 6 months ago and is now useless. As the previous post stated, its warranty (and resale value) is now dropping as it sits in its box. I sold my original Mavic Platinum for the Mavic 2 and now I wish I had not done this. I haven’t opened my Mavic 2 yet and I will be returning it if they don’t get it working with Crystalsky soon. I’m not happy that I can currently fly this drone with a crappy iPhone 5s and not my brand new, proprietory DJI monitor. Where is this update?!?!

The CS was not meant to be used with the Mavic but rather with the Inspire. You should see the possibility to use it with the Mavic as a bonus. It will take some time and eventually they will upgrade the software and release a new mount for the controller where the reason it doesn't fit the is the redesign, the 0,005 % using a CS is not DJI:s main concern.
2018-9-6
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

mavpronu Posted at 2018-9-6 18:36
why wont they just let us install regular Go4 app ?  Crystalsky is an android

It´s not a problem installing the android version. Just do it and problem is solved. That´s what I did.
2018-9-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Swedrone Posted at 2018-9-6 22:50
It´s not a problem installing the android version. Just do it and problem is solved. That´s what I did.

Kindly explain how you have managed to do it on CrystalSky.
2018-9-7
Use props
Smead
lvl.2
  • >>>

Swedrone Posted at 2018-9-6 22:48
The CS was not meant to be used with the Mavic but rather with the Inspire. You should see the possibility to use it with the Mavic as a bonus. It will take some time and eventually they will upgrade the software and release a new mount for the controller where the reason it doesn't fit the is the redesign, the 0,005 % using a CS is not DJI:s main concern.

What a bunch of hogwash.  If they tout the first Mavic Pro as compatible (they do)...and you spend the $$$ to get a CS...it should stand to reason that support for the model upgrade should be there.  The market for the Mavic Pro 2 is light years in front of the Inspire just by shear numbers.  When I spend the $$$ I am not going to have the mentality of just being happy...or looking at it as a "bonus" if I get support.
2018-9-7
Use props
Smead
lvl.2
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-7 01:23
Kindly explain how you have managed to do it on CrystalSky.

He is just throwing that out there to incite the crowd.  If he has done this, he would throw up a few non-photoshopped screenshots or videos.
2018-9-7
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Smead Posted at 2018-9-7 06:09
He is just throwing that out there to incite the crowd.  If he has done this, he would throw up a few non-photoshopped screenshots or videos.

Yeah right. Just download the apk on a computer then transfer it via the sd card then install. To hard for some I know.
2018-9-7
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Swedrone Posted at 2018-9-7 07:08
Yeah right. Just download the apk on a computer then transfer it via the sd card then install. To hard for some I know.

Id love to see a screenshot ! how hard can it be right .....
2018-9-7
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-9-7 07:39
Id love to see a screenshot ! how hard can it be right .....

Maybe just do it instead of waiting right?
2018-9-7
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Swedrone Posted at 2018-9-7 07:53
Maybe just do it instead of waiting right?

I like every other Crystalsky user knows how to install APKs'  But as you said you had installed the latest “DJI GO” from APK..  Well I'm calling you out ..please Show us …
2018-9-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
France

Swedrone Posted at 2018-9-7 07:08
Yeah right. Just download the apk on a computer then transfer it via the sd card then install. To hard for some I know.

You know best that you have not managed to do it, so better silence yourself on this topic. I am tempted to bet you even don't own a CrystalSky. These days there are a few "no clue but big mouth" people around here unfortunately.
2018-9-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
France

Smead Posted at 2018-9-7 06:09

He has no CrystalSky and no clue on top of it is my assumption... ;-)
2018-9-7
Use props
andrew4711
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18064908 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I try it later, so we will see...
What i allready got is the apk version of the app.
2018-9-7
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-7 12:10
He has no CrystalSky and no clue on top of it is my assumption... ;-)

No need to embarrass or humiliate him any more, hes doing a good enough job himself ...hahahahahaha
2018-9-7
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Without rooting CS it's not possible to disable actual "own" DJI GO4 version ( 4.2.21 for now) and start safely a new version installed as APK
2018-9-7
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-7 12:10
He has no CrystalSky and no clue on top of it is my assumption... ;-)

well bohoho
2018-9-8
Use props
andrew4711
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18064908 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It is not possible to install the apk version of GO4... so we have to wait for DJI!
2018-9-8
Use props
Smead
lvl.2
  • >>>

Smead Posted at 2018-9-5 18:15
I second this post...except I am in a position to send mine back for a refund.  Going to give it another day or two...

Oh well...was a nice thought...waited a decent amount of time  and now I am returning my CS.  Not just because of how slow they are on this specific update...but it shows me what my future will be like with updates moving forward.
2018-9-9
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Smead Posted at 2018-9-9 05:16
Oh well...was a nice thought...waited a decent amount of time  and now I am returning my CS.  Not just because of how slow they are on this specific update...but it shows me what my future will be like with updates moving forward.

Don't be so pessimistic, please.
Yes we have to wait before CS will be updated for Mavic 2, but as for previous products - i am flying both Spark and Mavic Air with my CS 5.5" and 7.85" UB, they both have the latest available version 4.2.21 of DJI GO4; it's still not obsolete, compared version 4.3; everything works good on both drones  with no issues so far.
2018-9-9
Use props
Smead
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

nixuspix Posted at 2018-9-9 06:15
Don't be so pessimistic, please.
Yes we have to wait before CS will be updated for Mavic 2, but as for previous products - i am flying both Spark and Mavic Air with my CS 5.5" and 7.85" UB, they both have the latest available version 4.2.21 of DJI GO4; it's still not obsolete, compared version 4.3; everything works good on both drones  with no issues so far.

Happy for ya...you obviously have far more disposable income than I...
2018-9-9
Use props
djiuser_1J6uzfW9ercW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37372 ft

totaly agree with you. there is no reson why it could have been ready to upload on day one. I too can not use mine and the warrantee is ticking away. Come on DJI. pull your finger out and get on with it
2018-9-14
Use props
djiuser_1J6uzfW9ercW
lvl.2

Here's a thought.
About a month ago I found out that we could download the Amazon store app to the crystalsky so that we could then download the litchi app to it. As I did.
But that's a bit odd as dji don't like litchi. Anyway. You can and I did.
So will that mean I can now download the new Go4 app to my crystal sky ??
I think I will give it a go and see if I can.

2018-9-14
Use props
djiuser_1J6uzfW9ercW
lvl.2

nope. that didnt work
2018-9-14
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Nah crystalsky stops it... you need to ROOT the crystalsky.... but if you dont know what your doing its the quickest way to brick it and it voids the warranty ..
2018-9-14
Use props
fans4663abf7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174813 ft
South Africa

The update has arrived.
2018-9-14
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

where? go grab a coffee and calm down ...nothings arrived ...
2018-9-14
Use props
fans4663abf7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174813 ft
South Africa

It works!
2018-9-14
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Wonderful. Like how you wired the mount to the controller. Top notch!!
2018-9-14
Use props
Avellas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29833 ft
  • >>>

Swedrone,
How did you get it work?
Please share!
Thank you.  
2018-9-16
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Avellas Posted at 2018-9-16 07:27
Swedrone,
How did you get it work?
Please share!

Download the DJI APK here
https://www.icloud.com/#iclouddrive/0LABHt8UQX4YhJi2bEBduUdGQ

Copy it to a USB Stick or memory card and put int in your Crystalsky .
Use CS explorer to browse to the file location
INSTALL...

Enjoy
2018-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules