RC charging mode option no available
3241 11 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
covpack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1295902 ft
United States

I notice people talking about the option to turn on and off the remote controller charging mode, or in other words, the option to have the controller to charge your phone while it  is plugged into the controller. I checked youtube and it should be under the Remote Controller Setting - Charging mode. I see no charging mode option. I have the current DJI go 4 and am current on Mavic and controller firmware. I tried using another phone and plugging in from the bottome USB port - no change. I have a Galaxy 9. I also tried a Galaxy 7. Right now the controller is charging my phone. I do not want such, as my phone has more battery power than the controller.
2018-9-5
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

This option is only available on IOS. I hope they will implement it on Android aswell.
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

When you connect your Android phone to allow the controller to supply the data to the app, there is a tiny current that your phone picks up from the RC and indicates as charging. It is too small current to do the actual charging and you can avoid this issue by using an IOS device. Rest assured that we will keep improving our products to provide you more option in terms of compatibility. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-9-6
Use props
covpack
lvl.2
United States

Thanks. I hope they do give Android users that option. Android phones account for almost 90 percent of all phones. Yet I understand that Android phones are so diverse, with so many configurations, it might be difficult for programmers to develop a program that works. Android phones can be buggy.
2018-9-6
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

covpack Posted at 2018-9-6 03:23
Thanks. I hope they do give Android users that option. Android phones account for almost 90 percent of all phones. Yet I understand that Android phones are so diverse, with so many configurations, it might be difficult for programmers to develop a program that works. Android phones can be buggy.

Apple has 51 percent of the global smartphone market. Nice statistics
2018-9-6
Use props
covpack
lvl.2
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-9-6 03:33
Apple has 51 percent of the global smartphone market. Nice statistics

Partially right. "Android has a more market share in developing nations like Asia and Africa while iOS leads the market in developed countries like US, Australia, Europe etc."  Which I might understand as those who can afford and use drones live in these countries. So that number, when combined comes to more exactly 86 percent of all phones in 2016,which is most likely almost 90 percent based on current growth. Every the number of Android users increase.
At work my employer provides all its worker with IPhones, but everyone at work use Android phones for personal use. So yes, 50 percent of all phones in our case are iphones. (ha)
2018-9-6
Use props
covpack
lvl.2
United States

covpack Posted at 2018-9-6 03:46
Partially right. "Android has a more market share in developing nations like Asia and Africa while iOS leads the market in developed countries like US, Australia, Europe etc."  Which I might understand as those who can afford and use drones live in these countries. So that number, when combined comes to more exactly 86 percent of all phones in 2016,which is most likely almost 90 percent based on current growth. Every the number of Android users increase.
At work my employer provides all its worker with IPhones, but everyone at work use Android phones for personal use. So yes, 50 percent of all phones in our case are iphones. (ha)

I got my statistics from https://android.jlelse.eu/apple- ... y-2017-c5799a0a1683
2018-9-6
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.3
United States

DJI, it matters not the brand, just fix the silly little issue. Compared to what you have done with your drones this issue should take 10 minutes to solve, it would be beneficial to DJI to to resolve this matter quickly. I just spent 6 hours 'updating' firmware as my android tablet kept sucking the 'trickle' of current out of the RC to the point of the RC stopping the upgrades.
"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments. It is also sometimes colloquially used to doubt statistics used to prove an opponent's point. Mark Twain
2019-4-8
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Airheadbit Posted at 4-8 20:15
DJI, it matters not the brand, just fix the silly little issue. Compared to what you have done with your drones this issue should take 10 minutes to solve, it would be beneficial to DJI to to resolve this matter quickly. I just spent 6 hours 'updating' firmware as my android tablet kept sucking the 'trickle' of current out of the RC to the point of the RC stopping the upgrades.
"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments. It is also sometimes colloquially used to doubt statistics used to prove an opponent's point. Mark Twain

The default action of the Android operating system is to charge the battery via any connected USB port.

It is up to your phone manufacturer to modify the system to disable this but then it would no longer be Android and people would be complaining that their phones do not charge when connected to a USB charger.

Try updating by using DJI Assistant on a PC or a Mac, it's very reliable and with a decent Internet connection it's much faster than the time that you reported
2019-4-8
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.3
United States

"The default action of the Android operating system is to charge the battery via any connected USB port."

With the buying power that DJI has I expect them to provide a 'Android' USB cable that is missing the ±power, might cost $0.30 - Since they haven't I did a quick PCB layout, two micro-USB Male and one micro-USB female: Male plugs in the phone, one female to the RC and one female for a external power source if you need to keep that 12" tablet display at 100% brightness. Perhaps they could look at the USB OTG standard and deal with this in software: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go --- matters not to me since I would still need the external power pack to keep the tablet display going at least until I get the Google RE once they work on the Mavic 2 devices.
2019-4-9
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.3
United States

Airheadbit Posted at 4-9 12:13
"The default action of the Android operating system is to charge the battery via any connected USB port."

With the buying power that DJI has I expect them to provide a 'Android' USB cable that is missing the ±power, might cost $0.30 - Since they haven't I did a quick PCB layout, two micro-USB Male and one micro-USB female: Male plugs in the phone, one female to the RC and one female for a external power source if you need to keep that 12" tablet display at 100% brightness. Perhaps they could look at the USB OTG standard and deal with this in software: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go --- matters not to me since I would still need the external power pack to keep the tablet display going at least until I get the Google RE once they work on the Mavic 2 devices.

One MALE Micro USB two FEMALES Micro USB
2019-4-9
Use props
djiuser_qi2ENEuZwXlb
New

Brazil

More than two years later this annoying problem continues. It's clearly a malfunction that is not being fixed. What if I loose my Mavic Zoom because my RC battery was drained? Would DJI give me another one?
2020-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules