Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
BUG: Missing GPS Info / Data from Video File Properties
2078 13 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AForceOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7724367 ft
United States

With Mavic Pro 1, all recorded videos had an embedded GPS location in the video data / properties (media Info) of that file. It was an “xyz” line that had the GPS coordinates.  Mavic 2 Pro no longer contains this ‘xyz’ line in mediainfo and is missing this information. How can this feature be added back to recorded videos.

This is a SUPER helpful item to have when one travels and records items at different locations or, if one tries to recall exact location of a specific video months or years later, having this information in the file was very useful. Please bring it back.If not everyone wants this info in the file then make it optional?

2018-9-5
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Is that true both for videos and pictures taken with the MP2? I use the GPS info on my MP1 pictures all the time, especially when I'm shooting hundreds of shots on vacation. Just curious.
2018-9-6
Use props
AForceOne
lvl.3
United States

In photos GPS info is there (but with wrong / incorrect altitude). However, the video files are missing the all the GPS info that mavic1 had.  Can someone from DJI confirm this bug and let us know when will this be fixed?
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for bringing this up, I will raise this concern to our developer for us to have the feedback and answer about this. Will go back here once I have the answer. Cheers!
2018-9-9
Use props
fansccbe6a6c
lvl.1

If DJI cares, this missing information will prevent me from using the Mavic 2 on some of my jobs. If I had known this ahead of time I wouldn't have purchased it.
2018-9-10
Use props
Gobopolice
lvl.4
Flight distance : 926745 ft
Australia

fansccbe6a6c Posted at 2018-9-10 19:49
If DJI cares, this missing information will prevent me from using the Mavic 2 on some of my jobs. If I had known this ahead of time I wouldn't have purchased it.

I can confirm its there for stills, altitude is wrong, for Video there is no gps data or height
2018-9-10
Use props
fansccbe6a6c
lvl.1

Gobopolice Posted at 2018-9-10 23:03
I can confirm its there for stills, altitude is wrong, for Video there is no gps data or height

Yes, I know it is there for stills. Thank goodness because I have customers that require it, however, other customers require it in the .SRT files.
2018-9-11
Use props
AForceOne
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-9 10:26
Hi there, thank you for bringing this up, I will raise this concern to our developer for us to have the feedback and answer about this. Will go back here once I have the answer. Cheers!

Hi,
Just checking if there is an update to this issue? Will it be fixed in next firmware ?

Thank you!
2018-9-17
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, thank you for bringing this up, I will raise this concern to our developer for us to have the feedback and answer about this. Will go back here once I have the answer. Cheers!

While you are at it you may want to ask them why no subtitle file is embedded!
2018-9-17
Use props
AForceOne
lvl.3
United States

Any updates?
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Sorry for some delay, I Apologize upon coordinating our developer this feature is not available anymore with the Mavic 2 pro video caption and we don't have information yet if this feature will be added, again I apologize for the Inconvenience.
2018-9-24
Use props
SamDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112989 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-24 13:00
Sorry for some delay, I Apologize upon coordinating our developer this feature is not available anymore with the Mavic 2 pro video caption and we don't have information yet if this feature will be added, again I apologize for the Inconvenience.

@dji Stephen.  Will the incorrect altitude recorded in the stills be fixed?
2018-9-25
Use props
0Kajuna0
Captain
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

It's fixed now. Except for elevation data SRT files include the GPS location: https://djitelemetryoverlay.com/

Would be nice to have elevation fixed too. Please, DJI?
2018-12-11
Use props
AForceOne
lvl.3
United States

Not fixed in Mediainfo / Media properties. GPS location used to be in the file/media properties without having to enable SRT. DJI, please fix this.
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules